Login

russian armor

british veterancy

31 Oct 2015, 21:50 PM

the fact that the british have a .66 received accuracy bonus at vet2 is quite well known. It's higher than the grenadier's .77 and contribute to the tommies' insanely high scaling.

Instead of lowering the received accuracy bonus on the british, let's lower the weapon accuracy bonus. The british tommies are supposed to be defensive so their veterancy should reflect that.

lower the tommies' weapon accuracy veterancy bonus to 1.2. this way the grenadier and the tommies' veterancy cancel each other out.

here are the math involved. grenadier get a 1.4 accuracy bonus at vet 2.

1.4 * .66 = .924

1.2 * .77 = .924
31 Oct 2015, 21:52 PM

Why you believe vet should cancel each other?

I don't see 20% faster reload canceling 30% more armor in tanks case.
31 Oct 2015, 21:57 PM

The cover bonus they have is broken as heck. You can just place them next to a dead cow and they will perform at ober level. I always thought the cover bonus they get should have been gained with vet.
31 Oct 2015, 22:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2015, 21:52 PMKatitof

why shouldn't veterancy bonus cancel each other out? this way two vet 3 squad facing against each other effectively revert back to the base case, except for the cooldown bonus.

1.4 * .77 = 1.078. The accuracy bonus and the (old) received accuracy bonus cancel each other.
31 Oct 2015, 22:10 PM
Donator 11

why shouldn't veterancy bonus cancel each other out? this way two vet 3 squad facing against each other effectively revert back to the base case, except for the cooldown bonus.

1.4 * .77 = 1.078. The accuracy bonus and the (old) received accuracy bonus cancel each other.

Because of many factors. First of all these units have different mp costs, so obviously the more expensive one should be better and in fact it is not without vet. Whats more as katitof said infantry is not the only factor of ballance, there are also support weapons, light vehicles, different types of tanks, arty, mines, commanders and so on that ballance it out one way or another. Imagine trying to even out okw veterancy, even the vet3, the way you look at it :facepalm:
31 Oct 2015, 22:23 PM

Buff IS RoF out of cover, make them cheaper, give IS LMG's, rifle grenades, faust upgrade free and sure.

At the moment IS are slightly superior to vet LMG grens late game, but only if you plunge a whole lot of muni, fuel and MP into upgrades.

Wehr can just rush a PIV without worrying about that, it's just how the factions are balanced.
31 Oct 2015, 22:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Cover bonus is almost negligible with it's rifles. They do suck however, if they are on the move.
1 Nov 2015, 05:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2015, 22:23 PMRollo
Buff IS RoF out of cover, make them cheaper, give IS LMG's, rifle grenades, faust upgrade free and sure.

At the moment IS are slightly superior to vet LMG grens late game, but only if you plunge a whole lot of muni, fuel and MP into upgrades.

Wehr can just rush a PIV without worrying about that, it's just how the factions are balanced.

rushing PIV against brit is like hitting the surrender button LOL
1 Nov 2015, 10:32 AM

OP, I would rather raise the IS vet requirements slightly as they are quite low right now.

rushing PIV against brit is like hitting the surrender button LOL

Isn't every brit player rushing the (still potent) centaur which the p4 counters handily?

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2015, 21:57 PMvarunax
The cover bonus they have is broken as heck. You can just place them next to a dead cow and they will perform at ober level. I always thought the cover bonus they get should have been gained with vet.

There is something like a 7% DPS increase in cover with their rifles... Far from "ober level" I think.

1 Nov 2015, 10:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Nov 2015, 10:32 AMMuxsus
OP, I would rather raise the IS vet requirements slightly as they are quite low right now.

Isn't every brit player rushing the (still potent) centaur which the p4 counters handily?

There is something like a 7% DPS increase in cover with their rifles... Far from "ober level" I think.

dont know only playing allys last days but when i played axis u needed to go stug, otherwise u would be fucked if he brings comet/cromwell because p4 will lose badly to them and stug is the only earlier accessable tank with enough dps and pen to scare them off
1 Nov 2015, 10:46 AM

again and again whats the point of okw vet 5 when it is worse than allied vets
1 Nov 2015, 10:47 AM

again and again whats the point of okw vet 5 when it is worse than allied vets

5 stars looks cool
1 Nov 2015, 11:08 AM

Because of many factors. First of all these units have different mp costs, so obviously the more expensive one should be better and in fact it is not without vet. Whats more as katitof said infantry is not the only factor of ballance, there are also support weapons, light vehicles, different types of tanks, arty, mines, commanders and so on that ballance it out one way or another. Imagine trying to even out okw veterancy, even the vet3, the way you look at it :facepalm:

vet0 rifleman already consistently beat vet 0 grenadier. Giving them equivalent veterancy is just going to maintain the status quo. Remember that the veterancy bonus are usually multiplicative.

unlike now where vet 3 rifleman just absolutely walk over even vet 3 grenadier.
1 Nov 2015, 11:12 AM

5 stars looks cool

relic logic :foreveralone:
1 Nov 2015, 12:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2015, 21:52 PMKatitof

Don't you understand what he is saying?
Maybe try learning the math, or having at least one game as AXIS.
1 Nov 2015, 12:08 PM

5 stars looks cool

It looks awesome! too bad in a normal-sized/length game, only schreck-volks ever see it!

Inb4- someone jumps in and talks bout how easy vet 5 is on all units in 4v4, without mentioning how easily 4 man axis squads get instawiped. XD
1 Nov 2015, 18:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Nov 2015, 10:32 AMMuxsus

Try it yourself. When they aren't in cover they perform volk level. Put them behind some grass vs volks in grass and volks will get shredded. It's a huge difference.
2 Nov 2015, 04:59 AM

This is how you make UKF unplayable in the early game.
2 Nov 2015, 08:04 AM

The cover bonus improves them by about 7% if I remember correctly.

REs vet1 cover bonus is much more potent.
2 Nov 2015, 23:18 PM

This is how you make UKF unplayable in the early game.

+1
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS