Login

russian armor

Specials Weapon Regiment

31 Oct 2015, 15:17 PM

So I wanted to make a summing up topic about this commander, because I think it's the most bugged one right now, which is quite painful, taking into account that it is a premium commander. I find him fun to play though, so I wish relic would address this issues.

First of all, the Anti-tank infantry has the old PTRS accuracy, what makes them useless against infantry. Actually their are decent only against light vehicles, so no wonder that they are never used right now.

Then there's this Hold the line ability that definitely doesn't work properly. Sometimes the Typhoons will arrive, sometimes they won't. Also it's not clear in which sectors the ability will be active... All that at high ammo cost.

Also the voicing is bugged, I'm not sure what triggers it, but at some point when I'm losing an infantry squad or a cromwell tank the announcer will say 'we've lost a churchill crocodile flamethrower tank', although there may be no crocodile on the field whatsoever.

I suppose the Specials Weapon Regiment commander is not the most popular one, but it would be nice if he worked as intended.
31 Oct 2015, 15:27 PM
31 Oct 2015, 15:49 PM

The anti-tank grenade was pretty underwhelming as well. How does it compare to other factions?

I did a little bit of testing with hold the line and territories. The two main conditions are that it only affects territories that border enemy territories when activated, and it has to be capped by you personally. The latter is a bit counter-intuitive since I can't actually cap friendly territories away from my ally...
1 Nov 2015, 00:20 AM

Don't know how the AT grenade compares to the other fractions, but I also wasn't impressed about its efficiency.

When it comes to Hold the line and its activity only in capped by myself frontline territories, I think it's rather irritating that I have to remember which ones were captured by me, and which by my ally.
Only Relic postRelic 2 Nov 2015, 16:35 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2015, 15:17 PMgetrekt

Then there's this Hold the line ability that definitely doesn't work properly. Sometimes the Typhoons will arrive, sometimes they won't. Also it's not clear in which sectors the ability will be active... All that at high ammo cost.

Also the voicing is bugged, I'm not sure what triggers it, but at some point when I'm losing an infantry squad or a cromwell tank the announcer will say 'we've lost a churchill crocodile flamethrower tank', although there may be no crocodile on the field whatsoever.

The Hold the Line ability functionality and voice issues have both been bugged and added into our database and hopefully we will be able to get those fixed for the next patch.
2 Nov 2015, 16:39 PM

The Hold the Line ability functionality and voice issues have both been bugged and added into our database and hopefully we will be able to get those fixed for the next patch.

Look into BOYS AT rifles on tommies call-in and normalize stats to PTRS rifles as well while you're at it with this doctrine.
2 Nov 2015, 17:10 PM

I think this doctrine is much better than Vanguard operations but still looking for at rifles repair and Hold The Line ability
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★