Login

russian armor

Optimization patch for the love of RNG gods

PAGES (9)down
28 Oct 2015, 22:28 PM

yeah that's all great and all, but there is no way a sizable amount of people will boycott buying the new commanders. This just has to be a long grindy battle until we get what we deserve.

Yeah there is. Contact other streamers, organize the event, make a "virtual flyer" pick a day or two. And explain the cause. Yeah sounds crazy and such, but it works in the real world. Give a proper time table, such as a month from now for two days. Typical union stuff
28 Oct 2015, 22:31 PM
Patrion 14

at least they should add automatic restart button lol. seriously.
28 Oct 2015, 22:59 PM

just a month ago the "community" raised more than 5k-or double that I am not sure-for OCF which was meant largely to promote the new DLC, which in my head at least means that the game is in an acceptable state and now you recall that performance is crap and people should boycott the game?
That's confusing.

29 Oct 2015, 00:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2015, 22:59 PMmrako
just a month ago the "community" raised more than 5k-or double that I am not sure-for OCF which was meant largely to promote the new DLC, which in my head at least means that the game is in an acceptable state and now you recall that performance is crap and people should boycott the game?
That's confusing.

Thats not confusing. There are a bunch of enthusiastic people who are willing to support this game because in it´s core it´s a shiny gem in the rts-genre. This has nothing todo with the state of the game.

Those people are much more enthusiastic then the dudes at relic who get payed for working on the game... Just look at relic streams, those guys are so damn motivated... yeah right...

"at least means that the game is in an acceptable state"

Look at the 1v1 leaderboards, between 1,3k and 3,5k players enlisted for each faction - acceptable right?
Well, if you look closer you´ll see that there is a huge number that hasnt played automatch in the last 14days or longer.

This turns relics claim to get coh2 into "esport" into a joke.
Relics statement about optimization just puts another nail in the coffin.

"but playerbase for teamgames is huge ..."
Yes, many players like to play coh in teamgames. Many try this, even when they only get 10 fps, massive lags and freezes.
All this is maybe "an acceptable state" for some, but for most people it´s not.

Ocf also showed some fundametnal flaws of the game , I mean ami and ciez had to manually synchronize to be able to cast the games and even then it desynched after a while and the game even needed to be restarted...
I mean come on, realy? Is this a beta or something?

So tl,dr already? Well boohoo I am in the mood you know...

"Boycott?"
Not going to happen. Everyone knows that the dlc is going to be bought. They didn´t make an ingamestore just for fun...

What we could do is flooding every relicstream and maybe their forums and steamforums with questions about optimization, lag, freezes, bugs and so on instead of the usual questions about this op unit, that op faction and warspoils.

Will this work? Maybe, maybe not..... but hey, we´re getting a pershing right? Despite relic stating "no heavy for usf" in the past...

Enough for now got to drink my beer medicine now :blush:
29 Oct 2015, 01:02 AM

Has it gotten so bad that even hoping for such a thing is far fetched ? The performance of the game seems to be getting worse and worse every patch. This coupled with questionable balance is making the game un enjoyable for myself and many others.

Can we please do something about it?

Bravo sir! Couldn't have said it better myself. For instance, my game freezes up while playing against the AI 1vs1, 2vs2,3vs3,4vs4, it doesn't matter. It would be one thing if I was running some crappy system from 1996 but that's not the case. Even running everything on medium at 1080p on a GTX 970 4GB FTW, i7 4770k w/ 16Gb of RAM I still get the game freezing up for a second or two. It doesn't speed up after it stops freezing, everything just continues. This is constant, every game, online or offline, vs AI or PvP. It's a joke. This game is steadily getting worst as far as performance. Wasn't there like a road map they Relic showed us like 4 months ago about what they were going to do? I swear it had something about optimization. Anyway, I welcome patches but maaaaan, the performance is sucking badly in this game!
29 Oct 2015, 02:39 AM

First post- didn't want it to be a negative but oh god I agree wholeheartedly with some of the comments above. Lag, stops, speedups & slow downs are so regular I can't remember what the game was like running smoothly.

Just so sick of seeing the grenade windup animation from the opposition and try to move or retreat & just nothing but death.

The last 2 weeks seem to be the worst yet with multiple desyncs & some horrible loading times. Coupled with some spammy gameplay it's hard to continue justifing playing every day. (not really)
29 Oct 2015, 07:47 AM
Patrion 15

That's it I have the same issues here like maybe 60% of the community... I hope so much relic will posed here something and explain us why they don't can give us a better performance of the game. I'm sure relic is trying to give us a better performance but I think the engine is such a bad engine and they have it programmed so bad because of thq bancrott and now they can't fix it anymore....
29 Oct 2015, 08:14 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Donator 22

Relic apparently said there is basically nothing else they can do with optimization.

Im convinced that without this, this game will not grow significantly ever again.

Also, i'm not buying the new commanders, hope others will do the same as protest.
29 Oct 2015, 08:19 AM

yeah that's all great and all, but there is no way a sizable amount of people will boycott buying the new commanders. This just has to be a long grindy battle until we get what we deserve.

I already begun by not buying brits and I won't buy any dam' thing from now on untill they do something in the optimization field.

Interesting: This thread is verry alive I see, but no reply from Relic while they respond in other threads. So the problem "does not exist" for them. Lolz.
29 Oct 2015, 08:40 AM

Guys guys, we're all the same here. We're all very enthusiastic about the game. It's not because the most of us complain about the performance, that others need to defend the game. It's not about the game itself, it's about how it performs.

And as I pointed out earlier and like momo says - you can't attract a sizable amount of new players because the game basics (performance) are just way too shitty for most of the players. And if you can even run it, you have to run it on very basic graphic settings and than it's just looking like total crap.
29 Oct 2015, 09:20 AM

I love this game , i love game mechanics , i love all factions and i play all of them. I found this game very enjoyable but thise lags and imput delay make it sometimes unplayable (when i get lag i press T on all units that are in danger because i dont want to get stupid grenade wipe etc.) Come on relic , game is finally balanced i think (except OKW , but i think decrease of fuel penalty would do wonders) but that optimalisation.

And now Lelic anouce that their not able to optimalise their game :/
29 Oct 2015, 09:56 AM
Patrion 15

Yes but if they announce that they don't can optimizate they're game finally I can think at other things... Now it's just wait and hope they do an announment about it and you just waiting and hoping every time after every patch. If they told us sorry guys it's not possible then my soul can accept it....
29 Oct 2015, 10:00 AM
Donator 11

+1 The game needs a optimization!
29 Oct 2015, 12:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Oct 2015, 08:19 AMJohnnyB

Interesting: This thread is verry alive I see, but no reply from Relic while they respond in other threads. So the problem "does not exist" for them. Lolz.

Aslong as there are only a few threads about all the performance-issues they wont do or respond to anything...

What we need is a serious old school shitstorm across all forums and their streams. :ph34r:
29 Oct 2015, 12:53 PM

Why dont put this thread in the homepage slider ? with a beautiful image and title ?
29 Oct 2015, 15:39 PM

There's one area Relic could definitely fix and that's the sudden lag spikes due to audio fetching.

Basically what happens is that when you load a game, not all audio assets are preloaded into your system memory (probably in an effort to save space). This is common practice in other games as well and usually results in 1-2 seconds freezes while a previously unused sound file is fetched from the disk. In most games, the problem goes away after playing for a few minutes because all the required sounds eventually end up in memory. In CoH2, you can finish a game against one faction, start a second game against a different faction with its own unique set of sounds that again require fetching and end up with more lag spikes.

This can be particularly frustrating if the sound that needs fetching is say, an incoming grenade warning.

So what can Relic do? They can prefetch more of the available sounds before a match starts. The downside is loading times could end up significantly longer and memory requirements could go through the roof. In the worst case, a sound file would end up in a page file ( and therefore on disk ) so we would see no change. People with loads of system memory should see an improvement however.
29 Oct 2015, 16:30 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

So my 12GB of ram is clearly not close to enough for COH2, since it is always making a massive pagefile (BLECH!!!). I think COH2 fails to pull stuff back out of memory that it is no longer using (like perhaps all the audio from a certain faction). But my question is, how much memory does this thing need? How much memory would someone need to have to prevent COH2 from making a pagefile?? 16GB? 20GB? 24GB?

This just sounds like insanity to me. It would be really nice if Relic would make some comments in this thread. Surely they could set the record straight on various issues that have been raised, or perhaps let us know what they are looking into.
29 Oct 2015, 16:32 PM

Permanently Banned
Reic go here and give answers to us. Be brave :D.
29 Oct 2015, 16:39 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

So my 12GB of ram is clearly not close to enough for COH2, since it is always making a massive pagefile (BLECH!!!). I think COH2 fails to pull stuff back out of memory that it is no longer using (like perhaps all the audio from a certain faction). But my question is, how much memory does this thing need? How much memory would someone need to have to prevent COH2 from making a pagefile?? 16GB? 20GB? 24GB?

This just sounds like insanity to me. It would be really nice if Relic would make some comments in this thread. Surely they could set the record straight on various issues that have been raised, or perhaps let us know what they are looking into.

I have 16 and it doesn't seem enough, I still have those issues after 2-3 games.
29 Oct 2015, 16:44 PM

Minimum:
Memory: 2GB RAM
Processor: 2Ghz Intel Core2 Duo or equivalent
Graphics: 512MB Direct3D 10 capable video card (GeForce 8800 GT or Radeon HD 2900XT)
Internet: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 30GB free Hard disc space

Recommended:
Memory: 4GB RAM
Processor: 3Ghz Intel i5 quad core or equivalent
Graphics: 1024 MB Direct3D 11 capable video card (GeForce GTX 470 or Radeon HD 5850)
Internet: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 30GB free Hard disc space
:banana:
PAGES (9)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak