Login

russian armor

Commanders free trial

24 Oct 2015, 20:07 PM

Commanders really aren't as important as everyone pretends they are. You can play completely without them.

You can... unless they release one or two commanders which totally ruin the game for a few months. Let see, Rifle Company, CAS, Windustry in Good ol' days... Oh I forgot, Vanguard. And now we have "Best core infantry+sandbags and mines+Rangers+Pershing" and "let's burn what ever is not killed/suppressed by ISG".

He's right, paid content keeps players away from the game. A lot of friends won't purchase the game because of the commander system. Even if paid commanders do not affect balance (which they do), people will still stay away from the game because they think that they have to pay to play this game competitively.
24 Oct 2015, 20:41 PM

Game company needs to survive special it is hard time for RTS games, as long as they provide good stuff, we need to show our support to RTS games. no new contend = dead game. paid content keeps suck players away from the game, most pple don't mind pay few dollars for something new and good, it is cost of cup of coffee.
24 Oct 2015, 20:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2015, 20:07 PMRMMLz

You can... unless they release one or two commanders which totally ruin the game for a few months. Let see, Rifle Company, CAS, Windustry in Good ol' days... Oh I forgot, Vanguard. And now we have "Best core infantry+sandbags and mines+Rangers+Pershing" and "let's burn what ever is not killed/suppressed by ISG".

He's right, paid content keeps players away from the game. A lot of friends won't purchase the game because of the commander system. Even if paid commanders do not affect balance (which they do), people will still stay away from the game because they think that they have to pay to play this game competitively.[/quote

There may be a preconception of pay2win, but that doesn't mean it's true in practice.

24 Oct 2015, 22:49 PM

Why is nobody complaining about that barrage ? Okw gets finnally ability that can hardcounter howitzers
25 Oct 2015, 14:46 PM

Haha. You ain't kidding. While I am super glad the USF got some love with a new tank and more importantly NEW INFANTRY (so I don't have to keep playing with riflemen, riflemen, riflemen, riflemen, riflemen, riflemen, riflemen, riflemen, riflemen, riflemen...you get the point)...I don't know if my little USF heart (which is fragile to begin with) can handle anymore OKW flames. A small portion of me dies inside everytime a flame grenade annihilates a bunker, AT crew, or MG team. I just don't know how much left I have in me. Lol.

I'm not implying they're OP...just that they are simply...incredibly and undeniably effective. It makes me sad that I have to sometimes throw 3 hand grenades and waste tons of munitions to displace a garrisoned German MG, while the OKW can throw one hand grenade and have it be 100% effective every...single...time.

Like molo always did for 15muns?
25 Oct 2015, 15:09 PM

Why is nobody complaining about that barrage ? Okw gets finnally ability that can hardcounter howitzers

That's because, unlike most of OH with stuka doctrines, it has no recon.
25 Oct 2015, 17:50 PM

That's because, unlike most of OH with stuka doctrines, it has no recon.

before there was not reliable arty that can 100 % kill the howitzer even if you have recon
25 Oct 2015, 18:13 PM

Permanently Banned
"so make sure to log in and play before then so you can properly determine if these commanders will give you that extra little something you've been looking for."

Oh Relic, they even don't try to hide it:foreveralone:
26 Oct 2015, 12:43 PM

Oh Relic, they even don't try to hide it:foreveralone:

So, they're like every other business on the planet? What astonishing news.
26 Oct 2015, 13:29 PM

i for one welcome all this declicious new dlc. It's so funny how relic offers a trial yet people still complain. 4 bucks ffs. how poor are you?
26 Oct 2015, 14:11 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post26 Oct 2015, 12:43 PMsquippy

So, they're like every other business on the planet? What astonishing news.

Nvm I don't really care anymore either
26 Oct 2015, 14:12 PM

Permanently Banned
i for one welcome all this declicious new dlc. It's so funny how relic offers a trial yet people still complain. 4 bucks ffs. how poor are you?

this comment :facepalm:
26 Oct 2015, 14:39 PM
Benefactor 3110

this comment :facepalm:

Yeah it wasn´t very nice. Btw it might be true in some countries, but coh2 is played around the world. But maybe this shouldn´t go in the usual direction, pay to win etc. I probably won´t use the new commanders because i am playing ostheer atm and hope my men will deal with the new (us) threat on the battlefield accordingly B-).
26 Oct 2015, 14:57 PM

Do we know for sure Relic is releasing only 2 commanders? I would love it if they release 2 more commanders for Soviets and Wehrmacht.
26 Oct 2015, 15:05 PM

Permanently Banned

Yeah it wasn´t very nice. Btw it might be true in some countries, but coh2 is played around the world. But maybe this shouldn´t go in the usual direction, pay to win etc. I probably won´t use the new commanders because i am playing ostheer atm and hope my men will deal with the new (us) threat on the battlefield accordingly B-).

Stugs and pak40s, your best friends!
28 Oct 2015, 23:52 PM

will this thing kick off at midnight tonight?
29 Oct 2015, 04:43 AM
Patrion 27

will this thing kick off at midnight tonight?

starting October 30th at 10:00 AM PDT, they will also be free for everyone for the entire Halloween weekend!

From the first post...
30 Oct 2015, 00:16 AM

Currently to get the full multiplayer experience (so this excludes all the SP campaigns and missions packs but includes all commanders + factions) you need to pay a grand total of 156,71€, I don't think that even FP2 games spill out of your pocket this much money, so all in all, how stupid are you?

Actually an edit, I used the steam page for commanders to do this calculation so I left out the 3 new brits commanders + the 2 new ones, so the amount is significantly higher than this, seriously, try to justify this shit without looking like an idiot.
30 Oct 2015, 02:13 AM

Currently to get the full multiplayer experience (so this excludes all the SP campaigns and missions packs but includes all commanders + factions) you need to pay a grand total of 156,71€, I don't think that even FP2 games spill out of your pocket this much money, so all in all, how stupid are you?

Actually an edit, I used the steam page for commanders to do this calculation so I left out the 3 new brits commanders + the 2 new ones, so the amount is significantly higher than this, seriously, try to justify this shit without looking like an idiot.

That's assuming that you will want to play and explore every last nook and cranny of this game, which most people won't. As someone has stated, this is a business, and the company is trying to offer options for all different types of gamers; single-players, multiplayers, primarily Axis players, primarily Allied players, etc...

No one is saying you have to purchase every last piece of this game to have fun with it.
30 Oct 2015, 02:28 AM

That's assuming that you will want to play and explore every last nook and cranny of this game, which most people won't. As someone has stated, this is a business, and the company is trying to offer options for all different types of gamers; single-players, multiplayers, primarily Axis players, primarily Allied players, etc...

No one is saying you have to purchase every last piece of this game to have fun with it.

Sorry, just saw that your post excluded the SPP stuff. Still, I believe my point is valid....
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★