Login

russian armor

Relic needs to make its own ip.

20 Oct 2015, 05:17 AM

Saw a post for a Korean War COH. i disagree with this i feel relic NEEDS to get away from historic games.
The reason why is that COH and DAW are the hardest RTS games to balance ever, is since Relic has to focus on having historical/franchise accuracy. If relic can make a new ip where they don't have to worry about historical accuracy or making sure Terminators are op, we would have a game where balance would be less of an issue.

20 Oct 2015, 05:57 AM
Donator 11

20 Oct 2015, 06:28 AM
Benefactor 355

Spamcraft...knock yourself out.
20 Oct 2015, 08:42 AM

relic had one, it was called homeworld.

and impossible creature.
20 Oct 2015, 08:45 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Even a complete fictional RTS would have Balance issues!
20 Oct 2015, 12:32 PM

Saw a post for a Korean War COH. i disagree with this i feel relic NEEDS to get away from historic games.
The reason why is that COH and DAW are the hardest RTS games to balance ever, is since Relic has to focus on having historical/franchise accuracy. If relic can make a new ip where they don't have to worry about historical accuracy or making sure Terminators are op, we would have a game where balance would be less of an issue.

I am with you i think if relic would do an rts game without all this history it would be great coh 1 and 2 are the best rts games i ever sow/played if only not the ballance , but even the ballance the game is sooooo fun all the idias in this game the game play the mullty

The most papular is the cover
20 Oct 2015, 12:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2015, 12:32 PMbicho1

The most papular is the cover

Befor this gaame i never sow thet troops could ger into cover
20 Oct 2015, 12:50 PM

I completely disagree with you.
The only people who scream realism=balance are the fanboys of certain units/weapons.
Realism ends where balance starts, games based on WW2 or Warhammer 40k are supposed to be balanced and IMMERSE, not realistic within their own universe.

Unless you're making a simulator game, realism couldn't be more irrelevant.

Units might be given historical role or role that is true to their IP origins, but how will they perform within that role is up to balance and nothing more.

20 Oct 2015, 13:06 PM

Spamcraft...knock yourself out.

Spamcraft? Lol...
20 Oct 2015, 13:25 PM

relic had one, it was called homeworld.

and impossible creature.

Exactly this. New IPs are risky as hell. Look at other developers, they just milk whatever they have. Look at UbiSoft, they've ruined EVERY SINGLE IP they have, and that's not even the worst part. Sad truth is, milking existing IPs is profitable and people pay for them.

Best things Relic can (and should) do are:
1. Fix CoH2. Seriously, fix the goddamn bugs. This is huge. After all these years you can't put your pudding together and you still garden something up.
2. Work on DoWIII, but not like you did CoH2. You can blame THQ's bankruptcy for CoH2's failure, but you have no excuse for DoWIII. Make something like Dark Crusade, shut up and take my money.
20 Oct 2015, 14:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2015, 13:25 PMRMMLz

Exactly this. New IPs are risky as hell.

Grey Goo :foreveralone:
Such potential, such fun game, but Relics marketing policy made the game unheard off for many :foreveralone:
20 Oct 2015, 16:26 PM

Permanently Banned
I'll probably never buy another relic game that isn't a ww2 rts. So I'd be happy if coh2 was the last game i ever bought from them.
20 Oct 2015, 20:42 PM

If anything, the real life equivalents probably help 'balance', because at least you have a solid idea of what the function of the unit is; not because you have real life data to draw on.

But frankly I think all this whingeing about Relic's ability to 'balance - god I hate that word - is so much entitled guff. I think it fails to appreciate how difficult a job that really is, in something that has so many parts and relationships. And if you think that fixing bugs is would be easy enough to do if only Relic could be bothered, you obviously don't appreciate how mammoth an undertaken even that is.
21 Oct 2015, 08:16 AM

Company of Heroes is a Relic ip.

It even has a movie.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment