Login

russian armor

Why flamethrower on Strumpios?

19 Oct 2015, 14:54 PM

the damage should be highest of any handheld flamethrower then so when engaged( as most of the time they will be repairing and mine detecting or building0 they should be heavily threatning

I like your logic.

Lets buff churchill croc flamer dmg as well, because most of the time it will be repaired.

Also, Assault engis beg to differ.
19 Oct 2015, 14:56 PM

Doenst matter alot tbh. Flame weapons will be nerfed greatly in many aspects so the commander wont be that strong anyway since everything in this doc is about flame x)
19 Oct 2015, 15:10 PM

Doenst matter alot tbh. Flame weapons will be nerfed greatly in many aspects so the commander wont be that strong anyway since everything in this doc is about flame x)

Handheld Flame weapons got already nerfed. Those are no longer AI, only good vs cover now.

Get out of building, green/yellow cover and it does 0 damage.
19 Oct 2015, 16:18 PM

While I find the decision weird, but I guess if you squint then it makes more sense to put it on the Sturms. Why? Preferred engagement range. Volks want to be at longer ranges, Sturmpios close in. Ergo, the Pios get the close-range flamethrower.
19 Oct 2015, 18:27 PM

You are forgetting they are cheap to reinforce Kappa

No not really. they may be 24 % cheaper then the grenadier but the gren does around 40 % more damage at close range and around 35% at long range. it doesnt take a maths genius to see that the grenadier gives much more bang for buck.

Then take into account of fausts and the lmg upgrade and significantly superior vet 2 and 3 and grens are miles ahead of volks.
19 Oct 2015, 19:00 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Get out of building, green/yellow cover and it does 0 damage.

Yes, that's the theory behind it. But ingame it works completely diffrent. It's not like that the flamer is the only damage source, there are 4 other rifle squad members at least and other units shooting at you while you are standing in the open. Have fun on urban maps. Handheld flamers on main infantry is just completely stupid.
19 Oct 2015, 19:25 PM

...Then Rifle company flamers should get removed too. This probably won't happen...

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2015, 19:00 PMluvnest

Yes, that's the theory behind it. But ingame it works completely diffrent. It's not like that the flamer is the only damage source, there are 4 other rifle squad members at least and other units shooting at you while you are standing in the open. Have fun on urban maps. Handheld flamers on main infantry is just completely stupid.

19 Oct 2015, 19:30 PM
19 Oct 2015, 19:32 PM

Also flamer squad does not comes alone , it comes with other infantry that kill your men in the open , or grab house etc. I think flamers are completely valid now and do their job well (i just added some thinks to your post, its not aimed agains you :luvCarrot: )
19 Oct 2015, 19:38 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2015, 19:30 PMGeris
I think flamers on sturm wont be usefull. I'd rather see lmg34 upgrade on volks.

Yeah, something like that. I'd prefer 3 STGs on them to actually bring OKW one step closer to the aggrressive early game faction that they are supposed to be (according to relic's faction comparison). And it would make sense for army based on 1944/45.
19 Oct 2015, 19:39 PM
Patrion 14

I would much rather have mp40 upgrade for volks than a flamethrower for sturmpios in this commander :/

But that would remove the pyrotechnicity of this commander wouldn't it?
20 Oct 2015, 02:09 AM

shut up you noob, you're bad and no one wants to play with you. L2P :foreveralone:

Thats not true, you still want me to carry you.
20 Oct 2015, 03:01 AM

sturms don't need flames it is strong vs garrison unit and infantry already, only thing maybe burn down enemy bunkers and structures? but volks already have flame nade... i really sees no use to it
20 Oct 2015, 05:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2015, 19:38 PMluvnest

Yeah, something like that. I'd prefer 3 STGs on them to actually bring OKW one step closer to the aggrressive early game faction that they are supposed to be (according to relic's faction comparison). And it would make sense for army based on 1944/45.

Are you talking as a 1v1 player or for the balance of the game?

Do you know if they gave STGs or LMG 34s to volks, how fucked team games would be?

They are already mostly in Axis favor.
20 Oct 2015, 10:34 AM

Do you know if they gave STGs or LMG 34s to volks, how fucked team games would be?

Team games currently are fucked up in favour for the allies. stats show axis losing in every gamemode. gratz on your 102 winstreak yeah axis are really dominating team games lol . For the okw the problem is that cannot win their infantry battles. allied infantry scale way better and faster then even the elite obers and fsj's.
20 Oct 2015, 12:20 PM

But then we have the Penals, whose dps need both flamers and SVT-40 and now neither of those weapons are very good for them.
20 Oct 2015, 12:57 PM

Ohh the irony. Game is allready fucked up, just not in the way you want people to believe.
20 Oct 2015, 18:19 PM

Simple, either give them MP40's so only good at near range or give them a weaker version of STG44 to reflect their state of being really young/old and untrained. It worked perfectly on vCOH, the Volks could get MP40's but that was coupled with biggest moving accuracy penalty in game plus only good at short range so it wasn't at all OP but a situational upgrade. Never saw it spammed to good effect.
20 Oct 2015, 18:23 PM

Keep it civil gents. :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 77
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %