Login

russian armor

Vet 3 Comet and grenades

18 Oct 2015, 03:19 AM

I'd just like to know what everybody think of this. I don't think that the Comet should be throwing free grenades automatically at Vet 3 due to it's speed and potential to go even faster when combined with the emergency war speed ability. add into this the units ability to throw a player aimed grenade for munitions and it basically defeats any AT guns that can be sent against it. This allows this tank which is a hard counter to medium tanks to also be very good against it's hard counter making it very strong against Ost heer especially.

In my opinion this is a tad bit to strong especially when it's muni abilities are meant to handle the AT guns. It makes those abilities redundant and expensive.

So what do you guys think Is this fine since it's vet 3 or really bad design like I think?
18 Oct 2015, 04:16 AM

AT guns

hard counter

Here is your mistake. At guns is not hard counter to a tanks by any means. Not even for light vehicles.

And i can tell you even more - going in close range with tremendously expensive tank comet is to throw grenades at at gun is super risky, coz if there ever be faust, comet with damaged engine as good as dead. If you let it do this without fausting, you did even bigger mistake he did with his comet and got exactly what you deserved.
18 Oct 2015, 06:04 AM

The vet3 grenades have what, a 3 second fuse? If anything needs to change about the comet, it's the retarded range (70??? wtf) of white phosphorous.
18 Oct 2015, 06:44 AM

so the churchill is getting nerfed and now people want the comet nerfed ???

18 Oct 2015, 07:20 AM

there is no people there is angry noob Kappa
18 Oct 2015, 08:02 AM

That surprises you how exactly?
If its allied, stock and usable in late game, the river of tears will stop only when P4 can beat it frontally.
18 Oct 2015, 08:28 AM

this is creepy!!
i just played a 4v4 and drove one into like... 5 squads of blobbed bosstruppen trying to line up a crush-- having no idea that this was a vet 3 ability, and I honestly couldn't stop laughing, it was beautiful.
18 Oct 2015, 09:17 AM

I'd like to see it removed and replaced with a better vet bonus tbh. It seems good on paper but in practice it's actually pretty useless.
18 Oct 2015, 10:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2015, 04:16 AMJadame!

Here is your mistake. At guns is not hard counter to a tanks by any means. Not even for light vehicles.

And i can tell you even more - going in close range with tremendously expensive tank comet is to throw grenades at at gun is super risky, coz if there ever be faust, comet with damaged engine as good as dead. If you let it do this without fausting, you did even bigger mistake he did with his comet and got exactly what you deserved.

Ironically I was the person driving in the Comet, I had thrown a White Phos shell forcing his grens of then I charged with a Comet and AVRE, the AVRE blew up his remaining Grens and my Comet got through with only 10% HP knocked off because I actually know how to launch a combined arms assault.

As some people know I prefer to play Allies but I felt the ability to throw free grenades at vet 3 is rather OP not to mention redundant, no need to get so hostile over this.

To say AT guns are not the hard counter may have some merit at the current situation, but honestly they should be able to scare off a Comet. Now I'm glad it has some abilities as I'm not in favour of symmetrical balance but I think the free grenades make it to easy to decrew AT guns with this tank or heaven forbid wipe some of those Grend squads trying to faust from cover. Also, so what if you faust a Comet, a good player will back his Comet up like I did, with Infantry and Armour and even a Vickers to suppress any Inf if it becomes dangerous. But then again alot of the people I play against are either spamming Paks or spamming ISG's.
18 Oct 2015, 10:08 AM

It's a redicioulous ability for a tank
18 Oct 2015, 10:27 AM

I never saw a vet3 Comet. How often does it throw these free grenades?

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2015, 04:16 AMJadame!
Here is your mistake. At guns is not hard counter to a tanks by any means.
Though I don´t necessarily agree that the Comet is over-performing, this statement is a joke. AT guns are the supposed hard counter to tanks. If they can get flanked, that does not change their role. You can also flank the SU-85 and Jagdpanzer IV and easily defeat them with medium armor, that does not change their role as hard AT.
18 Oct 2015, 12:24 PM

fuse time 3.5 sce mil bomb
real power vet 3 it speed
18 Oct 2015, 12:31 PM

Replace it with armour buff at vet3 maybe?. (like panther vet2 armour bonus)
18 Oct 2015, 22:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2015, 08:02 AMKatitof

That surprises you how exactly?
If its allied, stock and usable in late game, the river of tears will stop only when P4 can beat it frontally.

And you will defend it as long as its allied am i correct
18 Oct 2015, 23:00 PM

And you will defend it as long as its allied am i correct

Join the fan club!

Vet 3 Comet + grenades is cheesy... but its acceptable to me. There's a lot of risks taken to move a comet to nade range against AT, for instance AT in the first place and mines. If he hits a Teller or an Schumine, gg
18 Oct 2015, 23:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2015, 10:27 AMButcher
this statement is a joke. AT guns are the supposed hard counter to tanks

Only in your head, we are not playing starcraft.

18 Oct 2015, 23:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2015, 23:03 PMJadame!

Only in your head, we are not playing starcraft.

Not really... ATGs are meant to hardcounter Tanks.

But like everything else in CoH2, if played well, if unit A was meant to hardcounter unit B, its perfectly possible for unit B to beat unit A. That is the actual difference between CoH2 and starcraft.

If tanks aren't hardcountered by ATGs, then please park your tank in my ATG cones whenever I play against you :snfBarton:
18 Oct 2015, 23:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2015, 23:09 PMhubewa
If tanks aren't hardcountered by ATGs, then please park your tank in my ATG cones whenever I play against you :snfBarton:

I can do that with a croc :lol:
18 Oct 2015, 23:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2015, 23:17 PMJadame!

I can do that with a croc :lol:

Bahahahahaha :P yeah, you need a bit more than ATGs to counter a croc.

But its more of an exception rather than the rule.
18 Oct 2015, 23:40 PM

It's a kinda cool ability, but I would trade it away for a stat buff in a heartbeat. It's hard to control and inconsistent. Sometimes useless, sometimes great. Overall I'm lukewarm on it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 73
France 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment