Login

russian armor

Help with DVI-D to VGA

13 Oct 2015, 15:19 PM

I just bought an R9 290 from ebay and am trying to get all of my ducks in a row before it gets here. I am hoping that someone around here has made a similar switch and will have all the answers I need.

My current setup is (3) 32" TVs being run by an HD6970

Monitor 1 -> Mini dp to hdmi adapter
Monitor 2 -> dvi to vga
Monitor 3 -> dvi to vga

It is my understanding that the R9 gen only come with Dvi-d ports and as a result doesn't output the analog signal required for my vga inputs.

I much prefer to use the vga inputs as the tv's are only capable of taking 4:2:2 color, and for some reason CCC automatically outputs 4:4:4 when connected via hdmi without the option to change the output format. This results in the Tv doing crap subsampling and washed out colors.

Basically what I am looking for is anyone's experience with active dvi to vga adapters or possibly a displayport adapter.

The new card has:
(2) dvi-d ports
(1) displayport
(1) hdmi port

Any insight would be much appreciated.
13 Oct 2015, 15:36 PM
Donator 11

You said that monitor nr 1 is conected via HDMI and still you dont want to connect other 2 via HDMI, what is the reason? Monitor nr 1 is different model?
13 Oct 2015, 16:28 PM

The reason monitor 1 is currently connected via hdmi is because it is a different model and lacks a vga port.

As such, I have to deal with the crap sub-sampling of the tv.

I can live with it (I guess) on one monitor, but all 3 would be a nightmare.

If anybody knows of a way to change CCC to allow me to change the output color mode to 4:2:2 from the start, then I could use HDMI on all 3 of the tvs and all would be well in the world. But for some reason when CCC sees that it is outputting to a digital device, it defaults to 4:4:4 and greys out the option to change it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 26
Germany 852
unknown 21

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak