Login

russian armor

Relic Twitch Streams

8 Oct 2015, 02:06 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Relic should think about the image that they broadcast of themselves. A lot of people immediately assume Relic is incompetent when an employee is playing the game extremely poorly against AI.

Any stream should be either informative or entertaining, and as a game developer their stream is held to an even higher standard.

Relic should try to ensure that there is always quality gameplay being shown on their stream. They could cast high level automatch or tournament games if nobody skilled is available to play.

Showcasing mods or other custom content is also fine if the gameplay is good. Invite community members into the game instead of playing against AI.

Furthermore, if there's going to be Q&A, the community would prefer straight and real answers to hard questions, not feeble deflection. If Relic can't provide that, there should be no Q&A.

Also cut it out with the slowmode all the time, it's really not necessary.
8 Oct 2015, 02:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Oct 2015, 02:06 AMRomeo
Relic should think about the image that they broadcast of themselves. A lot of people immediately assume Relic is incompetent when an employee is playing the game extremely poorly against AI.

Any stream should be either informative or entertaining, and as a game developer their stream is held to an even higher standard.

Relic should try to ensure that there is always quality gameplay being shown on their stream. They could cast high level automatch or tournament games if nobody skilled is available to play.

+1

I've been very patient with Relic (been playing since 2006 beta :P) but to hear they are playing against easy AI just doesn't sit well. The community already has a poor image of their competence with things like competitive balance, and to see the DEVELOPERS play against easy AI really doesn't help...I know it's a little thing but still.

Take a lesson from Digital Combat Simulator (DCS) and their intro to DCS 1.5. Its development has taken forever, and the community grew impatient. What did DCS do? They started to stream their development progress when they had something to show. Each stream focused on a particular aspect. The host had a Q&A at the end. The host had a clear understanding of the game and was very accomplished at it. It made you have confidence in the development and instead of pissing people off it made them more hyped for the future.

No offense but it seems like Relic needs to mature a little and reflect on the image they present to the community.
21 Oct 2015, 17:15 PM

Bump

Renner88 is a moderator again.
He ought to be removed. He is abusive and threatens / warns me for things that don't break the Relic stream rules. Furthermore, his character is not conducive to interacting in a positive manner with chatters; he's haughty.

I also believe that him, or someone, randomly bans me during the middle of the night or something, when I'm away. It's happened a few times, thankfully not this time, though.

But, this isn't supposed to be about me. I sincerely believe chat would be better off as a whole without him as moderator.

Poll on Renner http://strawpoll.me/5794425/
I wanna see how many people agree with me :snfPeter: /
21 Oct 2015, 18:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2015, 19:47 PMNapalm
Some of the requests posted here would change the Relic stream into a once a quarter, 15 minute news segment. I do not believe this would be a good approach. Even with having nothing new to share, the streams are a form of community engagement and I moderately enjoy them.

I do feel things could be a bit more interesting if Kyle could convince some of the other staff members to come on stream and talk about wtf they do so the community can build a better appreciation for all the talent involved. Watching how maps get balanced, how Relic artists take photos and make them a digital thing, maybe a couple 'how to mod' segments etc etc. While everybody enjoys new and shiny there is still a fair amount of non-NDA breaking things that could be shared with the community that are interesting.

Also, maybe clearly identifying what is in the steam before hand so those community members who are looking for something specific can make an informed choice either to watch the stream or not.

+1
21 Oct 2015, 19:09 PM

They should invite Romeo to cast high level balance preview matches.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 19
South Africa 1
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak