Login

russian armor

KV8 and KV1 excluded from 1-on the field heavy limit?

6 Oct 2015, 18:09 PM
Patrion 27

The bias from this cockstone guy is ridiculous.
6 Oct 2015, 18:14 PM
Donator 11

Jesus christ, please stop
6 Oct 2015, 18:24 PM

Jesus christ, please stop
Stop what? The 2xKV8 +IS2 Triangle is ruining the game for everyone, that's what needs to stop.
6 Oct 2015, 18:52 PM
Donator 11

Stop what? The 2xKV8 +IS2 Triangle is ruining the game for everyone, that's what needs to stop.

how much fuel is that? 500?
6 Oct 2015, 18:59 PM

IS2+2 KV8s +shocks+pak wall. That is tons of MP and fuel. And I would say 4 Püpchen+ VET5 (!!!!!!!!)JPIV will fuck up the armor. A nice ambush and that's it. But like I said. If your oponent can field so much stuff costing so much, you at least should have sth. on that level too. If not, you have lost the game way before that attack
6 Oct 2015, 19:04 PM

I started this topic on the lobby in order to not stir allied butt buddies' feelings. KV8 and IS2 in the same DOC is broken and specially if you can call in more than 1 KV8s.
7 Oct 2015, 03:35 AM
Donator 11

I started this topic on the lobby in order to not stir allied butt buddies' feelings. KV8 and IS2 in the same DOC is broken and specially if you can call in more than 1 KV8s.

If your opponent can spend 500 fuel and close to 1500 mp on 3 tanks, and get at guns. U hv already lost
7 Oct 2015, 03:42 AM

If your opponent can spend 500 fuel and close to 1500 mp on...
KV8 and IS2 in the same DOC is broken and specially if you can call in more than 1 KV8s.
7 Oct 2015, 03:49 AM

so you're crying to nerf one particular build order? the kv8 comes at like 9 cp. if you fail to prepare with at guns/mines by then well it's gg for you bubba.

Edit; with an inventive automatch name like "timetoswallowsomecock" you deserve all the fire.
7 Oct 2015, 04:28 AM

KV8 is broken. Its already well known i don't understand why you guys are trying to defend it, actually on 2nd thoughts maybe i do.......

KV8, Croc, Centaur are all overperforming at the moment, if any infantry is caught out by one of these units, theres no point in hitting retreat, just go micro somewhere else like hit retreat on every other squad all over the map and make them follow some armour into battle....

I think CP, cost, limit is fine where it is but the KV8 really needs its dmg reduced, it should also have some kind of penalty for firing on the move (help stop chasing retreating units) I imagine it would be pretty hard to control a huge flamethrower whilst moving irl so why not implement that.

7 Oct 2015, 04:33 AM

While I agree that the KV-8 is overperforming in terms of anti-infantry damage this patch, I don't think that it so overperforming or dominant in the meta such that they need to be limit 1 like the IS-2 and Tiger now are. Unless you are already in a dominant position in terms of map control, losing a KV-8 as a soviet player is a significant loss of fuel and manpower. If you're regularly facing 2x KV-8 and an IS-2, I have to ask you where your fuel is going. In what situation where you're not getting horrendously outplayed, as any faction, are you so low on fuel and manpower that you couldn't have gotten out AT or armor to counter or at least stall an 8 cp call-in tank?
7 Oct 2015, 05:14 AM

I would also like to say to those people that say "adapt" or "prepare" for it.

I came back to coh2 after about a year away. It took about 5 games (OKW), most of these games i was dominating untill KV8, Centaur or Croc hit the field. These 3 units completely turned the game around and caused me to lose.

So, the next 5 games, i tried to adapt/prepare for these units. Built no shreks on volks -built mines instead, made sure i had 2 raktens and rushed P4/Panther. To an extent it worked sometimes (if the opponent was severly incompetent) but vs a decent player it didn't.

These units are nobrainers, they provide a good comeback opportunity or a rofl stomp them harder opportunity.
7 Oct 2015, 05:34 AM
Donator 11

KV8 and IS2 in the same DOC is broken and specially if you can call in more than 1 KV8s.

Ja Helmut, but that was not the point noh
7 Oct 2015, 05:37 AM
Donator 11

KV8 is broken. Its already well known i don't understand why you guys are trying to defend it, actually on 2nd thoughts maybe i do.......

KV8, Croc, Centaur are all overperforming at the moment, if any infantry is caught out by one of these units, theres no point in hitting retreat, just go micro somewhere else like hit retreat on every other squad all over the map and make them follow some armour into battle....

I think CP, cost, limit is fine where it is but the KV8 really needs its dmg reduced, it should also have some kind of penalty for firing on the move (help stop chasing retreating units) I imagine it would be pretty hard to control a huge flamethrower whilst moving irl so why not implement that.

croc is op because of the high health, but a stug deals effectively with both the centaur and kv8
7 Oct 2015, 08:48 AM
Honorary Member Badge

4xR43 + Vet5 JPIV. KVs wipe out the puppchens while shocks, Is2, 3xinvisible Zis and flame arty take care of the rest.

Ok:

KV8 145 fuel

IS2 230 fuel

The 50 fuel for starting gets T2, so the Soviet fuel investment here is 145+145+230 = 520

That's their best case scenario, any other tech will cost that more.

OKW:

fuel for starting truck

Assume all 3 trucks up (80+40) = 120

+ IV/70 135

Total: 255

Even with OKW reduction Sov have spent way more fuel

However the really interesting bit for me is 4 Raketen and a IV/70 is going to have been really bad at fighting an army that consists of Cons, Shocks, Maxims, Zis and Mortar

7 Oct 2015, 08:52 AM

@van Voort
Soviets don't start with 50 fuel anymore, its 20 now and good luck stalling for call-ins without AT nades/molos.
7 Oct 2015, 09:13 AM
Honorary Member Badge

You are correct of course, but they still get T2 for free so it doesn't affect the sums I made.

I did work out the best case scenario for the Sovs which is why I excluded any other teching even grenades.

7 Oct 2015, 13:08 PM

We could see the KV-1 turn into a real meatshield tank like the Churchill. Both were ultimately outdated early war infantry tanks with similar guns and armor. While the KV1 is cheaper, the two tanks aren't even in the same realm of survivability.

I'd like to see it get a fuel increase and become a real single-call in heavy to make the Church, particularly considering how alike the vehicles were.

Plus now that the B4 lost both precision strike and the majority of it's far radius aoe damage, it'd complete the commander a bit more complete.
7 Oct 2015, 13:22 PM

Both were ultimately outdated early war infantry tanks with similar guns and armor.

Actually, churchill series was heavily modernized though the war, being upgunned as well as up armored(MK VII and Black Prince would be prime examples here).

KV series was no different, many were just prototypes, but KV-1 alone had three different variants with three different guns and different armor thickness.

Given we have late war period in multiplayer, it only makes sense to have latest and most upgraded KV-1 tanks.
7 Oct 2015, 15:55 PM

I fail to see how KV-8 can be broken right now, there is no solid argument here. You just have to anticipate the doctrine and build AT by the time it arrives. How can you not have a Puma or P4 by 9 CPs?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★