14%
12%
35%
11%
28%
Total votes: 127
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
4 Oct 2015, 10:31 AM

Costs substantially more than puma, has less speed and acceleration, less infantry dps due to bad coaxial mg, less range, less pen, all the while being an optional upgrade which should be stronger than a basic unit. The only thing it is possibly good at is killing overextended flak HT and flamer 251, and an at gun does that better.
4 Oct 2015, 10:48 AM

Permanently Banned
I don't know. I rather have Centaurs and commandos fixed first..
4 Oct 2015, 11:13 AM

the AEC shouldn't get more accuracy against infantry. The ost are likely to be in the t2 stage while the AEC shows up and will be helpless against an anti-infantry AEC.

For anti-infantry duty the british already have the universal carrier with its wasp and vicker upgrade. Design wise the british doesn't need another light vehicle for anti-infantry purpose. If you want a light vehicle for hunting infantry, you should be getting the UC and upgrade it. I do think the Wasp is vastly overpriced at the moment but that's its own issue.

lastly, the AEC serve as the british' main light vehicle hunter. The tommies lack a reliable tank snare and the PIAT can't hit moving vehicle. Therefore, the AEC and the bofor need to be strong enough to protect the flanks against rushing tank. The aec need the range to fight the puma, ostwind, and pziv while the british get their cromwell on the field.
4 Oct 2015, 11:39 AM

The AEC doesn't cost more than the Puma, it is 5 fuel cheaper if I recall. As for performance it could use some mroe range to fight vehicles better.
4 Oct 2015, 11:59 AM

The AEC is a decent unit with it's vet 1 ability and smoke that lets it scale decently, + it's a good command vehicle to designate when the Cromwell comes out.

It's just that no one buys because it uses precious fuel that you need for the Centaur rush
4 Oct 2015, 12:06 PM
Donator 11

yes pls more threads like this so relic can do another overbuff again.
4 Oct 2015, 12:24 PM

Just remove it and replace with some light universal vehicle like T70 or Stuart.

It's useless and looks awful.
4 Oct 2015, 12:25 PM

we have many other issues to be solved,pls don't buff or nerf units which haven't broken.
4 Oct 2015, 12:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Oct 2015, 10:31 AMMuxsus
Costs substantially more than puma, has less speed and acceleration, less infantry dps due to bad coaxial mg, less range, less pen, all the while being an optional upgrade which should be stronger than a basic unit. The only thing it is possibly good at is killing overextended flak HT and flamer 251, and an at gun does that better.

What are you talking about? The AEC is 50 fuel... the Puma is 70 fuel on a fuel starved faction... Its fine.

The AEC doesn't cost more than the Puma, it is 5 fuel cheaper if I recall. As for performance it could use some mroe range to fight vehicles better.

Its 20 fuel cheaper...
4 Oct 2015, 13:03 PM

That ugly thing should be replaced.
It´s not that bad at its job, but it´s just so ugly. It´s the only vehicle I don´t build because I don´t want to see something that ugly under my command <444>_<444>

4 Oct 2015, 13:17 PM

Sigh... Seriously, what's with some people trying to remove stuff from the game? Ah well, I doubt it's going to happen anyway.

I do agree that the AEC is rather lackluster. I would like it better if it's vet 1 ability actually worked 100% of the time and not ignore my order to use it every once in a while. That and maybe a minor decrease in build time. It bloody takes forever for what it does! :facepalm:

If it came out faster, it would make up for the fact it costs, in Manpower, the same as a Cromwell. Why would I want an AEC if I can get a Cromwell in what feels like the same amount of time?

Off topic but... If we want to look at what tanks should get more anti-infantry capability, I vote for the Valentine to get it. Supposedly, it's good against infantry but quite frankly, I don't see it. Other than the smoke screen, bad tank overall.
4 Oct 2015, 14:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Oct 2015, 12:27 PMCorsin

What are you talking about? The AEC is 50 fuel... the Puma is 70 fuel on a fuel starved faction... Its fine.

Its 20 fuel cheaper...

And the AEC costs 120 MP more than Puma on a manpower starved faction.

20 fuel doesn't really justify the massive difference there is between them.
4 Oct 2015, 14:13 PM

At first I tried to use AEK, but gradually scored this. Now i'm just trying to survive until the Centaur arrives.
AEK has slowly turns housing and tower. He has no armor. Its effectiveness against infantry is low. The effectiveness cannon against medium tanks low too. TWP is triggered with a delay. Firing range usual.

Actually at AEK has two advantages - fast timing and smoke. It's not enough to spend a lot of resources on this armored car.

AEK like Puma but worse. More disadvantages and you need special tech for them.
4 Oct 2015, 14:31 PM

AEC 340 mp (+70 to puma) for a mp starved faction...
4 Oct 2015, 14:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Oct 2015, 14:09 PMMuxsus

And the AEC costs 120 MP more than Puma on a manpower starved faction.

20 fuel doesn't really justify the massive difference there is between them.

Yes it does. OKW need more manpower to even come close to being a viable faction.
AEC can also cripple shot without needing vet 1.
Choosing the AEC denies you bofors... choosing puma denies you medic truck and a 3rd of the OKW tech tree (for a time). Making it more of an "All-in" option.

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Oct 2015, 14:31 PMNoorbi

AEC 340 mp (+70 to puma) for a mp starved faction...

By that logic the OKW P4, Puma, Panther and Ostwind should be cheaper in terms of fuel to make up the starvation difference.

Different factions have different weaknesses... UKF is MP OKW is Fuel. Both are fine(ish) could use some tweaking ect, but thats how theyre designed.
4 Oct 2015, 15:54 PM

Its 20 fuel cheaper...

Isn't the tech for it 15 fuel? The only reason I would include the tech cost, is that the tech ONLY unlocks the AEC it doesn't do anything else.
4 Oct 2015, 15:56 PM

Isn't the tech for it 15 fuel? The only reason I would include the tech cost, is that the tech ONLY unlocks the AEC it doesn't do anything else.

It is yeah. But thats to stall it a little... i mean the thing is already on the field around the time 222's are.
4 Oct 2015, 16:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Oct 2015, 14:53 PMCorsin

Yes it does. OKW need more manpower to even come close to being a viable faction.
AEC can also cripple shot without needing vet 1.
Choosing the AEC denies you bofors... choosing puma denies you medic truck and a 3rd of the OKW tech tree (for a time). Making it more of an "All-in" option.

As I stated in the threadpost, puma is better at everything except 20 fuel cost, and okw trucks are another problem. You also get the potent (although slightly underperforming) flak HT and the best rocket artillery piece in the game with Mech HQ, not to mention resource conversion. It was designed as an all-in option from WFA launch I believe, and its early game performance is overshadowed just by the sheer power of the ISG. I also can't really see how a weak AEC can fix OKW's problems with manpower/viability.

you need vet1 for crippling shot btw.
4 Oct 2015, 16:58 PM

I'd find some use for it from time to time, problem is, a Bofor is a much better investment most of the time.
4 Oct 2015, 17:53 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Oct 2015, 10:31 AMMuxsus

It does not cost more than a puma...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS