Login

russian armor

Brits Morta Pit slightly expensive?

4 Oct 2015, 14:21 PM

Brace is virtually irrelevant anyway. You just keep shelling it with the LEIG so the engis all get gibbed when they try to repair it. Meanwhile, the mortar itself is contributing nothing while bleeding more HP.

Why would I just sit there and take it though? There's lots of ways to disrupt an ISG.
4 Oct 2015, 14:37 PM

Why would I just sit there and take it though? There's lots of ways to disrupt an ISG.

tell us 4 ways to do so as brits
4 Oct 2015, 14:58 PM

Permanently Banned
More range? Are you people out of your mind? Remove the thing and give the brits a standard mortar team, USF needs one too.
4 Oct 2015, 15:10 PM

No purpose of building them against OKW. They will just build 2 ISG's and murder it. Motors can't counter ISG's either. I had two squads of brens firing at a ISG from behind, took about 30 seconds to kill it.
4 Oct 2015, 16:48 PM

tell us 4 ways to do so as brits

1. Use "Designate command vehicle" on a bren carrier. This comes with a free recon plane that flies around for days. Then find a path that cuts through his army to his ISG.

2. Upgrade pyrotechnics on an infantry section. Sneak up on his ISG and lay down a 25lber barrage. Even if you're forced off, this buys you time to repair your mortar pit safely. This is especially effective if he's positioned next to his medic truck.

3. Call in a commando glider. The plane grants some vision and you can again use the commandos to sneak up on his ISG and decrew it.

4. Use your sniper to sneak up and decrew it, or call in a 25 lber barrage.

This has made me think that it may be possible to destroy the ISG outright with PIATS, the .55 cal sniper or the armoured car. I'm going to see if I can get a friend to help me test it later.

Alternatuvely. BUILD A SECOND MORE FORWARD MORTAR PIT SO WHILE HE KILLS YOUR MORTAR PIT #1 YOU CAN GET HIM WITH #2. :)
4 Oct 2015, 16:51 PM

I don't build them atm because there is no point in current meta.
4 Oct 2015, 16:58 PM

1. Use "Designate command vehicle" on a bren carrier. This comes with a free recon plane that flies around for days. Then find a path that cuts through his army to his ISG.

2. Upgrade pyrotechnics on an infantry section. Sneak up on his ISG and lay down a 25lber barrage. Even if you're forced off, this buys you time to repair your mortar pit safely. This is especially effective if he's positioned next to his medic truck.

3. Call in a commando glider. The plane grants some vision and you can again use the commandos to sneak up on his ISG and decrew it.

4. Use your sniper to sneak up and decrew it, or call in a 25 lber barrage.

This has made me think that it may be possible to destroy the ISG outright with PIATS, the .55 cal sniper or the armoured car. I'm going to see if I can get a friend to help me test it later.

Alternatuvely. BUILD A SECOND MORE FORWARD MORTAR PIT SO WHILE HE KILLS YOUR MORTAR PIT #1 YOU CAN GET HIM WITH #2. :)

With ~20 Brit games vs OKW I can tell that these are not very viable ways of countering the LeIG.
1. The command vehicle buff is really good, the problem is it's no use when your infantry is suppressed.
2. You can't really "sneak up" on an ISG on small maps and in team games. Furthermore, even a grenade is better at killing ISGs than the 25lber barrage.
3. Commando glider is the only realistic option at killing them... before OKW builds Flak HQ near the guns.
4. Again, "sneaking up" isn't something you do easily. There are also usually 2+ guns, so the sniper has a fair chance of being RNG gibbed.
4 Oct 2015, 17:21 PM

The point of the 25lber isn't to kill it, it's to deny its poisitioning for a minute while the barrages are going off. It takes time to wheel it to a new fifing position that also is safe.

It's basically a large AoE "Don't go here" button. It's also wonderful at killing houses. Would recommend having it on hand just to limit your opponents movement.

He can't be shooting both your infantry and your mortar. With a recon plane you shouldn't be caught by any MG's either. Most people move their army together so it's straight forward to bait him to one spot while a unit sneaks around another path. Use truesight and smoke to your advantage.

4 Oct 2015, 18:28 PM

The point of the 25lber isn't to kill it, it's to deny its poisitioning for a minute while the barrages are going off. It takes time to wheel it to a new fifing position that also is safe.

It's basically a large AoE "Don't go here" button. It's also wonderful at killing houses. Would recommend having it on hand just to limit your opponents movement.

He can't be shooting both your infantry and your mortar. With a recon plane you shouldn't be caught by any MG's either. Most people move their army together so it's straight forward to bait him to one spot while a unit sneaks around another path. Use truesight and smoke to your advantage.

1.doesnt kill it/counter it
2.still you cant counter it,also the barrage is not accurate so i still have 1-2 ISG firing at me
3.only real counter atm i am afraid
4.sniper will die long before i manage to kill 2 ISG crew members so still i dont see it countering it
4 Oct 2015, 18:58 PM

Should just replace it with a normal mortar, we don't need any more units in the game where the unit can just afk and rack up kills.

The mortar pit is god damn lethal, the draw back being how easy it is countered, one mortar half track will take it out with ease, the flip side to that being the ost player has just wasted manpower, 40 fuel and 45 munitions on a unit that is useless besides taking out emplacements, that 40 fuel spent can pretty much guarantee an early centaur which will be uncontested for that much bit longer as they wait on fuel needed for their first tank.

Brits are currently doing well in 1v1 and team games and despite Leigs, Brits generally fair better vs OKW. For me personally I am having a good time with Brits and couldn't really care less about wanting to have a unit that requires no micro or interaction buffed. Would rather see it replaced with some mobile indirect.
5 Oct 2015, 01:03 AM

Should just replace it with a normal mortar, we don't need any more units in the game where the unit can just afk and rack up kills.

The mortar pit is god damn lethal, the draw back being how easy it is countered, one mortar half track will take it out with ease, the flip side to that being the ost player has just wasted manpower, 40 fuel and 45 munitions on a unit that is useless besides taking out emplacements, that 40 fuel spent can pretty much guarantee an early centaur which will be uncontested for that much bit longer as they wait on fuel needed for their first tank.

Brits are currently doing well in 1v1 and team games and despite Leigs, Brits generally fair better vs OKW. For me personally I am having a good time with Brits and couldn't really care less about wanting to have a unit that requires no micro or interaction buffed. Would rather see it replaced with some mobile indirect.

+1

we don't need another long range LeIG.The mortar pit has 115 range already.
5 Oct 2015, 17:19 PM

It will be fine when they fix the damn Lieg and Pakhowie and nerf the flame dmg the emplacements take from incendiary grenades and barrage from the mortar ht.
5 Oct 2015, 17:32 PM

i think it needs either cost increase to 600 mp or nerf in firepower, to bring it down to the level of german field howitzers
6 Oct 2015, 04:08 AM

Increase its health A little and lower MP as well as make it have one mortar and very vulnerable to tanks artillery and flames but almost impervious to small arms fire.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 54
Korea, Republic Of 4
unknown 19

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak