Login

russian armor

US mortar halftrack still sucks

29 Sep 2015, 01:28 AM

friend of mine had one since he got cp2 and was firing for most of a 18 minute game, and it had 5 kills

thumbs up if you agree comrades
29 Sep 2015, 01:36 AM

I don't really agree. Seems fine when I use it. He was probably facing a opponent with a very mobile build. It's not going to do much if the enemy keeps moving.
29 Sep 2015, 01:38 AM

anecdotally, it has put in some of the worst indirect fire performances i've ever seen perhaps in the history of this franchise... especially in the context of the pack howitzers performance. the thing is hideous.

I don't really agree. Seems fine when I use it. He was probably facing a opponent with a very mobile build. It's not going to do much if the enemy keeps moving.

we would agree the USF and Soviets are generally speaking, fairly mobile, yet the GrW84 still rains hell on them.
29 Sep 2015, 01:40 AM

It's still in a pretty mediocre spot IMO.

The delayed fuse rounds are horrible to say the least and investing in the unit is not really worth when you can get a pack howi from Captain tier which is 10 times better.

The only positive note about it are the non-vet WP shells, but still, really situational.
29 Sep 2015, 08:40 AM
Patrion 28

29 Sep 2015, 09:52 AM

I'd just reduce the price.
29 Sep 2015, 10:40 AM

You need to use the phosphorus barrage and not let it only auto-attack.

Phosphorus on the target + attack ground to kill it. It works well vs defensive players.
If the 1st phosphorus shells directly hit the target, cancel it and ground-attack it for a maximum effect before the player reacts.

The unit is fine, I can't see any reason to increase or decrease its price / stats.
29 Sep 2015, 11:19 AM

If it got vet for damage done with phosphorus it would be better
29 Sep 2015, 11:34 AM

Permanently Banned
Gib me non doctrinal weapon team mortar

I no want no mortar ht DansGame
29 Sep 2015, 11:43 AM

Yeah it's quite bad. Same goes for the WC51 and Greyhound, they belong in the shit category
29 Sep 2015, 12:56 PM

This unit is just bad.
29 Sep 2015, 13:56 PM
Donator 11

Its only use is for more accurate WP on the Battlegroup HQ, otherwise it is worthless...
29 Sep 2015, 15:52 PM

Yep it is bad it has trouble dealing with regular ost mortars, seems like the dmg is crap and its really inaccurate it vets really slow because of that too hardly see anyone make one anymore
29 Sep 2015, 16:03 PM
Patrion 14

i have problem with its range. isn't it like 10 range shorter than normal mortars?
29 Sep 2015, 16:35 PM

Every recent patch they seem to buff it, every time I make a point to try it out again and still get the same general "meh not worth the fuel" feeling. I do agree that the White Phos barrage is quite handy in certain situations but that of course requires you to spend more Muni just to make it useful.

They should add suppression to its shells to make it's autoattack more useful and balance out the current ISG spam meta :foreveralone:
29 Sep 2015, 17:47 PM

It's accuracy is the same as the Ostheer mortar ht I believe, it just has a lower rate of fire.
29 Sep 2015, 18:02 PM

It should be better. I mainly use it as a early infantry support until howies are up for the real punch. I then use the mortar truck as a distraction for the ISG, then counter arty with the howie(s).
29 Sep 2015, 18:11 PM

It's accuracy is the same as the Ostheer mortar ht I believe, it just has a lower rate of fire.

The ROF is almost the same between the two because the Ostheer mortar HT has a longer cooldown but no reload while the USF mortar HT has a longer reload but shorter cooldown.

The scatter on the USF HT is much, much lower (meaning it's more accurate)

The damage and AoE profiles are the same, I think the difference is the scatter on the USF mortar HT's barrage is higher (by a tiny bit) than the Ost Mortar HT's barrage.
29 Sep 2015, 18:44 PM

you guys can pick apart stats on a sheet, but the end result is a mortar HT that gets single digit kills while firing on the enemy all game

If the stats say it has good accuracy, then something is bugged.
29 Sep 2015, 21:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2015, 18:44 PMArclyte
you guys can pick apart stats on a sheet, but the end result is a mortar HT that gets single digit kills while firing on the enemy all game

If the stats say it has good accuracy, then something is bugged.

do you barrage, or do you auto attack? do sit far back, or do you try to fire from as close as possible? does the enemy constatnly move? there are a lot of different factors that will determine how well ur half track does. from my experience it does fairly well thanks to WP ability. interestingly enough it seems like the WP impact actually deals damage, which no other WP type ability does, so you can kill units with it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★