Login

russian armor

Infantry Section Weapon Drop Bug

28 Sep 2015, 23:48 PM

Currently IS have a bug where once hitting veterancy 3, they have four weapon slots thanks to the Scoped Lee Enfields. This leads them to dropping Brens or Paits before being wiped which leads to enemy squads gaining weapons yet not wiping squads and costing you munitions. Guards use to have the same issue with their PTRS & DP - 28s. This can be quite easily reproduced by hitting vet 3 and simply losing members below four men when equipped with upgraded weapons.

( Do note: I didn't figure this out but learned from Migrefla who told me of it. Just putting it out there as a rather big issue for IS.)

Here is a replay of it. (Fast forward to the purchasing of the weapon upgrades for the Brits and you'll see some IS dropping them.) There are some times I did just lose the squad though heh.

29 Sep 2015, 00:27 AM

Tommies have 2 weapon slots, the only unit in the game with more than 2 weapon slots is Guards, but since they ALWAYS have PTRS's they essentially have 2 weapon slots. The reason why Tommies drop their shit a lot (as far as I can tell) is weapon rack units are not tied to the unit itself (like natural upgrades specific to the unit) and thus just have more chances to roll to drop it.

29 Sep 2015, 01:54 AM

Tommies have 2 weapon slots, the only unit in the game with more than 2 weapon slots is Guards, but since they ALWAYS have PTRS's they essentially have 2 weapon slots. The reason why Tommies drop their shit a lot (as far as I can tell) is weapon rack units are not tied to the unit itself (like natural upgrades specific to the unit) and thus just have more chances to roll to drop it.

Then why doesn't USF drop weapons like walking gun pinatas?
29 Sep 2015, 02:38 AM

weapon slot, weapon upgrade, weapon drop rate, and you:

each special weapon in this game have a slot_size assigned to it.
most special weapon have a slot_size of 1. This include stuff like the lmg42 and the bren. The notable exception is the minesweeper and the scoped lee-enfield which have a slot item size of 0.

most squad have a holding capacity of 2, except for the soviet guards who have a capacity of 4. This mean that squads like Rifleman can theoretically pick up two weapons off the ground or weapon rack. Since minesweeper have a size of 0, this allow the Rear Echelon and sapper to buy the minesweeper and get two bazooka/PIAT at the same time.

Note that squad upgrade like the flamethrower and lmg42 have a separate check to prevent you from buying it twice.

Drop rate: when a soldier with a special weapon dies, his weapon is transferred to the next soldier not already using a special weapon.

A rifleman with one BAR will keep on passing that one bar down to the last man.

However, if there's no more "free" soldier, because he's either the last man alive or everyone else is holding a special weapon, the game will roll for a drop.

In the tommies' case, the scoped lee-enfield have a slot_size of 0 but is still taking up a soldier. This limit the number of soldier the bren can be passed to before you have to roll for a drop.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★