Login

russian armor

Emplacements and mortar HT

24 Sep 2015, 16:35 PM

Now it seems to me nothing has changed with wher mortar HT as far as incendiary rounds go and i seen nothing in the hot fix. To me it is kind of bullshit that it does good dmg and is great against emplacements just doing its normal thing, but now add the rediculous damage over time to the actual structure with incendiary on top of its bombardments.

Why does it get the double whammy both of best worlds sure incendiary rounds should decrew or slowly burn say RE inside a usf emplacement but they should do no dmg to the actual structure or very very little. With the nerf to brace and the fact you cant repair obviously why the ground is burning i think something needs changed with it. Incendiary rounds should only decrew kill garrisoned infantry and not do dmg to the actual structure. Emplacements are important to brit strategys as well as the usf emplacement at least one is usually involved in most of mine because the 50 cal comes too late and is worthless its pin sucks and just gets taken out as fast as it is deplyed however the usf emplacement actually does its job with its upgraded 50 cal.

On a side note also why do strums do soo much damage to emplacements? Speaking of the usf one if a strum squad gets behind it the strum can easily kill the re inside and then destroy the emplacement with only there fucking machine guns so i assume they to good damage to unbraced brit structures too. That makes no fucking sense. Give me any allied infantry unit with out zooks sitting behind a axis bunker and i could sit there all day shooting at it with little results. I dont know if this was to help strums clear garrisoned buildings faster but if so they dont need that anymore when now okw have incendiary grenades.

Edit. Also i know of no allied unit that lets us take out axis bunkers early that easily. The usf mortar ht i guess but no incendiary rounds so it dosent really do it. Spam russian mortars i guess. 120 was nerfed to shit.
24 Sep 2015, 17:39 PM

No.

Mortar HT is extremely easy to kill and delays Ost teching. Seriously, all you need to kill it is a Bren Carrier or AEC. If you don't have one of these, that's your fault for thinking you can throw up a Bofors on the fuel and not worry about it.

As for Axis bunkers, try an AT gun.
24 Sep 2015, 17:47 PM

While we are on the topic of Flames, they really ought to revert the Flames sticking around for 20 seconds. I was using a Wasp while defending my Forward Supply Station and it got caught in the DOT. I was helpless as I watched my building burn down from my own Wasp's three second burst... -_-
24 Sep 2015, 17:48 PM

No.

Mortar HT is extremely easy to kill and delays Ost teching. Seriously, all you need to kill it is a Bren Carrier or AEC. If you don't have one of these, that's your fault for thinking you can throw up a Bofors on the fuel and not worry about it.

As for Axis bunkers, try an AT gun.

Lol how is a bren carrier going to get to the mortar ht i guess if it is completely unsupported wich would be really dumb and it is not going to insta kill the halftrack just faust the carrier? . It has good range and is easy to keep back behind the lines. I dont have a problem killing axis bunkers it was just he thought of why does axis not have to make an at gun to kill mine they can do it with strums or equip shreks from there back pockets.
24 Sep 2015, 18:12 PM

4vs4 heroes pls go. The last 2 patches contained nerfs to flames so that structures survive longer. Maybe you need to read a second time.
24 Sep 2015, 19:18 PM

I do love the Mortar HT. It GGs static defensive play so effortlessly, it always makes me smile.
25 Sep 2015, 05:50 AM
25 Sep 2015, 06:17 AM

4vs4 heroes pls go. The last 2 patches contained nerfs to flames so that structures survive longer. Maybe you need to read a second time.

No not really you should read it again most of them were hand iheld infantry flame weapon nerfs with one small deduction to brit emplacements flame dmg which is unclear if that concerns the mortar ht, a mortar ht shouldnt be able to incendiary round it doing dmg over time stopping ability to repair and then bombard it. Dont believe it wven has a vet requirement to incendiary rounds.
25 Sep 2015, 06:20 AM

Mortar ht it's fine. Deal with / against it.

/thread
25 Sep 2015, 06:55 AM
Patrion 28

it's really strong and it hard counters the brit emplacements but i'm not really bothered by it as it's limited to 2 (3?) doctrines and the brits have other options.
25 Sep 2015, 07:14 AM

Please don't nerf an unit that isn't broken. Perhaps the flames should still need a small adjustment to brits emplacements
25 Sep 2015, 07:24 AM

If anything, mortar HT needs a buff for Incendiary barrage accuracy cuz the shit is too damn inaccurate.

If emplacements and brace mechanism suck, you don't nerf other units, you fix the emplacements. Just sayin'
25 Sep 2015, 07:51 AM

dude when something is on fire it will burn down, thats how life is (unless you call the firemen). it would be very unrealistic if the structure doesn't take any damage while being on fire.
25 Sep 2015, 07:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2015, 07:24 AMRMMLz
If anything, mortar HT needs a buff for Incendiary barrage accuracy cuz the shit is too damn inaccurate.

If emplacements and brace mechanism suck, you don't nerf other units, you fix the emplacements. Just sayin'

It could use an accuracy buff indeed, or just move up closer, but that would be in 90% of all times a stupid idea.
25 Sep 2015, 08:00 AM

It could use an accuracy buff indeed, or just move up closer, but that would be in 90% of all times a stupid idea.

Don't wanna go OT, but sometimes it doesn't even hit the target, and the shell hit the ground outside of the UI indicator.
25 Sep 2015, 08:16 AM

regarding accuracy, it's like the pzwerfer, risk reward, if you can actually consider it that, and control over rng. i wish more units were designed like this. it's not too too difficult, to issue a shift+click chain of move order, incendiary round, reverse.
25 Sep 2015, 08:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2015, 08:00 AMRMMLz

Don't wanna go OT, but sometimes it doesn't even hit the target, and the shell hit the ground outside of the UI indicator.

Never withnessed that, but I did have them 50% out of the indicator
25 Sep 2015, 08:17 AM

regarding accuracy, it's like the pzwerfer, risk reward, if you can actually consider it that, and control over rng. i wish more units were designed like this. it's not too too difficult, to issue a shift+click chain of move order, incendiary round, reverse.

It's probably 1 of the easiest unit to use and one of the hard hitting units for early game. But sets you back in fuel so in tanks.
25 Sep 2015, 09:04 AM

dude when something is on fire it will burn down, thats how life is (unless you call the firemen). it would be very unrealistic if the structure doesn't take any damage while being on fire.

About the realism, if you have a hole in the ground, covered by sandbags, with 2 steel mortars and few people, what's gonna burn like crazy? Sand? Steel? Ground?
25 Sep 2015, 09:09 AM

About the realism, if you have a hole in the ground, covered by sandbags, with 2 steel mortars and few people, what's gonna burn like crazy? Sand? Steel? Ground?

Scorched earth baby!!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS