Login

russian armor

AngryJoe plays Company of Heroes 2: British Forces!

24 Sep 2015, 12:44 PM
Senior Editor Badge

24 Sep 2015, 13:33 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Watched the end of the vid. Their rant about mirco transactions were bang on.
24 Sep 2015, 13:46 PM
Benefactor 392

I completely agree
24 Sep 2015, 13:47 PM

Yep. Effective cost of the British forces if you want all commanders: $25.

I haven't even bought Brits. And probably won't.
24 Sep 2015, 13:59 PM

And there are people who want coh2 to go free2play and have microtransactions become as important feature as the gameplay itself :sibHyena:

They can't possibly be that dumb to believe f2p games are free.

24 Sep 2015, 14:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2015, 13:59 PMKatitof

And there are people who want coh2 to go free2play and have microtransactions become as important feature as the gameplay itself :sibHyena:

Relic works for the Canadian Devil. :megusta:
24 Sep 2015, 14:23 PM

Don't know about relic, but I certainly do :foreveralone:
24 Sep 2015, 14:30 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2015, 14:23 PMKatitof
Don't know about relic, but I certainly do :foreveralone:

Yes we know you are a fallen angel that serves evil. Stop it already! :lolol:
24 Sep 2015, 18:58 PM

who is this AngryJoe guy i don't understand what the big hype is about ?
25 Sep 2015, 01:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2015, 18:58 PMrush
who is this AngryJoe guy i don't understand what the big hype is about ?
He is a very popular YouTube game critic. He was asked by relic and sega to review and play the game, I give him props for calling the spade of spades and agreeing that the dlc policy is suspect and needs work.
25 Sep 2015, 01:19 AM
Senior Editor Badge

I agree 95% with with AngryJoe had to say about DLC.

If players want custom decals, custom skins, etc, that's perfectly fine and dandy. What I don't like is the expensive commanders - and they vary in price. Some are only $2.00, while others are $4.00 - or, it used to be that way at least.

I liked the old system of leveling up to acquire some things (a couple commanders, some skins, achievements for bulletins).

I think if they mixed that old system with a not shitty war spoils and re-worked commander DLC, coh2 would be in a lot healthier spot for the casual player, and in the competitive scene.

In the former scenario, the average joe only has to pay money once and he gets a bunch of shit and is like, "oh, this is like call of duty. I just play more and unlock stuff". In the latter scenario, it may be possible to allow a short series of a dozen or so bulletins in a high-profile tournament as opposed to no bulletins.
25 Sep 2015, 01:41 AM

I've never been a fan of commanders or bulletins. The options found in commanders should be a part of a more extensive tree of options in the form of doctrines. Everyone should have access to the same options when they play a faction in every game. The concept of loadouts is really limiting and my most hated aspect of COH2.
25 Sep 2015, 02:03 AM
Patrion 14

I agree 100%. This kind of DLC microtransactions trend is disappointing and depressing.
25 Sep 2015, 02:56 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2015, 13:59 PMKatitof

I don't think it is unreasonable to expect the base game (Ost + Sov) to go free to play. The games has gone through like 12 sales with the price of that dropped to less than 10 dollars, anyone who wanted it has already bought it. Making that F2P would bring in more people who are likely to buy the other factions and the existing content.
25 Sep 2015, 03:00 AM

It was really bad when it came out at first - with AssGrens, TigerAce, Sov industry... Relic and Sega are glad that they didn't get Angry Joe to review it then.

http://steamcharts.com/app/231430

Just to show you - while Relic was doing this shit, the population for the game dropped by a staggering 75%. I was one of those that left for a year because of this shit.
25 Sep 2015, 07:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2015, 02:56 AMTobis

I don't think it is unreasonable to expect the base game (Ost + Sov) to go free to play. The games has gone through like 12 sales with the price of that dropped to less than 10 dollars, anyone who wanted it has already bought it. Making that F2P would bring in more people who are likely to buy the other factions and the existing content.

You don't really realize how it really is.

F2P literally does not mean free2play. Well, if you were some super casual about coh, sure, otherwise stuff like bulletins/commanders loosing HP or all commanders except for basic ones being only temporary, which you'd constantly have to rebuy/refill/repair, all basic features we have now(1 free tow, sov campaign) would be locked behind DLC.

Free2play model doesn't exist to make games for free, it exists because it makes money and a damn good money.

I don't believe few more players are worth introducing micropays that would force every single serious player into basically a subscription for playing the game.
25 Sep 2015, 08:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2015, 07:25 AMKatitof

F2P literally does not mean free2play. Well, if you were some super casual about coh, sure, otherwise stuff like bulletins/commanders loosing HP or all commanders except for basic ones being only temporary, which you'd constantly have to rebuy/refill/repair, all basic features we have now(1 free tow, sov campaign) would be locked behind DLC.

Free2play model doesn't exist to make games for free, it exists because it makes money and a damn good money.

I don't believe few more players are worth introducing micropays that would force every single serious player into basically a subscription for playing the game.

Funnily enough that's exactly what they did with assgrens, tiger ace and sov industry and most of us paid $50-90 already by then.

It was a lot worse than F2P.

That and relic tried that model already - Company of Heroes Online
25 Sep 2015, 08:23 AM

He's making a good point regarding the microtransactions, but in reality, in CoH2, they aren't burdening I find. This game is deep enough to want to (and need to) spending significant time with each commander and regular troops. During this time a commander will likely drop. And during this time, sales will occur, making the price a minmal issue. And I find I more and more play full games not even picking a commander. That's how it is for me, but like I said, I do agree with the sentiment overall.

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2015, 07:25 AMKatitof

+1
25 Sep 2015, 09:02 AM

When i stated the same (about the DLC Cmmanders) multiple times over the last two years, the response i got was "this is the future, this is how it is right know" and other BS like this.

So many sheep living in this world!!! Most of you get what you deserve.
25 Sep 2015, 09:09 AM
Donator 11

actually, if the fixed warspoils and made commanders free for people who bought the game, i would be very happy if relic made the basegame F2P
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 2
Australia 20
United States 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak