Login

russian armor

Blobbing, spamming, and some of my thoughts.

19 Sep 2015, 01:17 AM
Donator 11

Hey all, first time posting on the forums here, this is a copy and paste(one I did on the relic forums at work and can't really edit, at the moment, sorry in advance!)

First off I want to start by apologizing for the format, please bear with me as I'm doing this from my mobile and will edit it once I get in from work, just want to do it while the thoughts are fresh.

As we know, blobbing be it shreks, rifles, cons, greens, or what have you are an ongoing issue in this game, so I have a suggestion. Taking from the British we see they get a small buff from cover in RoF, why not take this theory and apply it across all factions? Albeit in different buffs, so for Americans, since their accuracy is worse at long range, they get a small buff to long range accuracy as an example? We apply this for all factions, boosting their weaker attributes slightly while promoting the use of cover.

Another option was posted by CoffeeBeanz(if he reads this, I hope he will post his theory) in which case we add modifiers to blobbed squads Increasing dmg received by incoming fire(again if he reads he can correct my mistakes).

Next up is tank, and vehicle play in general, and that spamming them is very easy in team games, 2v2's maybe not so much, but still possible. I for one get tired of watching a game delve into spamming of Panthers, Comets, Churchills, Easy 8's, KT's, T-34/85's etc etc... To me the game should be more about tanks supporting your other forces, and your other forces supporting the tanks, so my proposal would be to take caches and apply the Opel blitz rule to them, the player who builds the cache gains the benefit, the allies do not, thus making each tank/vehicle more valuable, and not throwing it away to just because you can make more anyways. This would also help with another issue which is Ostheers redistribute resources on the SCAS doctrine, meaning you'd have less fuel to chain the attacks on conversion, making each attack require certainty, and knowing when to use it, or getting that tank out instead. The only other option i could see being good would be to remove caches all together and revert to the vCoH style resource system with multiple points of higher and lower values.

Again, I apologize for this being a block of text, and will edit it once I get home(or a mod is more than welcome to clean it up if he/she so wishes). Also all questions, comments and opinions are welcome.

Thanks,
Tech
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 668
unknown 18
Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L