Login

russian armor

How to deal with early game garrison abuse as brits?

17 Sep 2015, 21:48 PM

As the title says.

Universal carrier with flamer kinda comes kinda too late for that, besides there is no guaranty it won't die before, say, forcing the mg out of the building overlooking the fuel if the said mg has some grens nearby. Also oshteer scout car and okw flak half-track come about at the same time so its window of opportunity is very small.

Base artillery is kinda ok in the earliness department, but it requires sacrificing one infantry squad and the enemy will have plenty of time to reposition the mg and bring reinforcements.

So this leaves only stationary mortar which costs a ton, comes even later than flamer for universal carrier and is currently easily countered by a lot of stuff like okw leig arty and ost mortar halftrack.

Any suggestions?

Speaking about 2v2 and up mostly, cause in 1v1 you can cap points around the enemy garrisons ofc.
17 Sep 2015, 22:04 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Complaining on the forums like me.
17 Sep 2015, 22:15 PM

If you're talking about team games, I would probably say to rely on your partner, assuming they are soviets and can get out early counters.

In my experience, Brit early game pretty much just relies on your partner to be the main factor in early game, while you support them to hold long enough so that as you get into the late mid game, Brits become a complete powerhouse.
17 Sep 2015, 23:59 PM
Patrion 28

the wasp comes around 3 min so if you're having issues before that i would suggest either garrisoning a building next to it and having a shoot out (use a vickers if the unit in the building is an mg) or ignoring that area (as long as it's not a cutoff/fuel point you should be fine). if neither of those work you are pretty SoL.
18 Sep 2015, 00:02 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

The solution is to get to the building first to garrison as brits.

18 Sep 2015, 00:05 AM

the wasp comes around 3 min

90 munitions by minute 3 is very unlikely. More like 4-5 depending on conditions.
18 Sep 2015, 00:05 AM

if the brits just had a normal mortar and not that thing nobody ever wanted
18 Sep 2015, 00:12 AM

You can try to rush important building with you starting IS skipping capping in attempt to force opponent fight you to delay his capping.

You can try rushing sniper.

But guess what? It would never work against people who know what they are doing. Answer is you gardened coz Brits designed so terrible that their only cost efficient units capable of flanking and clearing garrisons is commandos/air landing officer which becomes available too late.
18 Sep 2015, 07:01 AM

Well at least i'm not missing anything, thanks for the replies. :)

Occupying important buildings before opponent does is certainly an option, but i don't like opponent doing that against me so i don't like doing it myself as well.
18 Sep 2015, 17:40 PM

I've seen the wasp upgraded at the 3:20 mark
18 Sep 2015, 17:50 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2015, 17:40 PMWrath
I've seen the wasp upgraded at the 3:20 mark

That is in the 4th minute :bananadance:
18 Sep 2015, 18:42 PM

buy premium commanders so you can access the air landing officer and his grenade.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★