Login

russian armor

About mortars and panthers

15 Sep 2015, 20:44 PM

Alright!

Lets remove all units from each faction, except the 5 flavour of the month units who have a right to exist!

I'm all for redefining the roll of a the Panther? Like I don't know if you trolling but the situation your are saying is what has always been the case?

Reducing the DPS of the MG's and increasing the ROF and Accuracy on the move would be a start. That or making the skirts and upgrade instead of being vetted, and or making them come at the start for the OKW Panther and reduce the cost of the Ost one.
15 Sep 2015, 20:46 PM

How are people still feeding this guy 4 pages later?
15 Sep 2015, 20:59 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Are you saying Panther anti infantry is like t34-76?
You must be playing another game, not coh2 for sure

T34 AI comes from roadkilling and RNGesus hits. I won't say PV AI is good, but at least does something when upgraded with the MG.
I would love that when you set it up at vehicle prioritization the gunner/MG would still shoot at infantry.

On the matter, SU mortar is fine, 120mm isn't useful at all, OH mortar would after patch be fine.
PV is ok, both in OKW and OH.

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 09:54 AMrejfor
I can't escape from grens with my m3 backspeed - it's too slow. Maybe it's my bad luck again and I'm wrong, ok. What about acceleration time? Is it takes longer to reach maximum speed when you're moving backwards?

Game doesn't distinguish between forward or backwards. What you have is acceleration and desacceleration, so if you overcommit with a vehicle, you have certain momentum till you stop and you can move backwards again.

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 13:44 PMBlalord

If he has a Pz4 before your T34-76, its your own fault bro, i assure you

OH:
-20+10+40+20+45+75 > 170 f
+125f for PIV
295f

SU:
-50+40/50+80+90 > 170f
+25/25 Optional Molo/AT nade
+80f T34

Even if you have a fuel edge to pull out a T34 faster (if you don't tech molo/AT nades nor vehicles, which will discard T1 scoutcars or T3 lights) you won't see a T34 sooner than a PIV due to mp restrains. An early T34 gives absolutely no return on it's investment while a T70 or M5 Quad will do for it's timing.
16 Sep 2015, 00:53 AM

the problem with panthers is the lack of a similar tank in the allied rooster, panther is completely fine.

panthers has a major presence in field. not because it is superb at killing infantry/tanks, but because its mobile enough, has the armour and hp to stay in field long enough to outlast them and kill them. it doesnt feel clunky to use, agile enough to get out of sticky situations and durable enough to take some shots without bending over and exploding even single time an AT gun sneezes in its direction.

compared to a t70 or t34s, none of these tanks can take AT shots, they must be constantly out of sight and in hiding, until the player is ready to commit them to a fight. even so in combat, they fall so fast to AT guns and schrecks, there's no real reward for such a heavy micro unit.

a glaring lack of a heavy non doctrinal tank who can provide an army similar staying power.
16 Sep 2015, 01:16 AM

panthers are ok , allied tanks just sux ... m36 , firefly , comet , su - 85

should be able to penetrate every shoot ( mainly the firefly who have gardening 8-9 sec of reload )
16 Sep 2015, 03:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 10:11 AMrejfor

Allies are USF, Brits and Soviets. Only Brits have non-doctrinal heavy tank. Axis are Wehr and OKW, both have heavy non-doctrinal tank so I definitely can say that EVERY Axis faction has non-doctrinal heavy tank but not EVERY Allied faction. Where is fuck logic?
IS-2 is supposed to be good against heavies including Panther but fucking Blitz with smoke screen help Panther to escape without any punishment. It's really hard to kill Panther with IS-2 in 1on1 fight. As I said it either kills you or just escapes.

Maybe I'm not good with clown car, ok but I can't manage to survive when I'm moving backwards with M3.

Yea ostheer has an extra T4 tech but ost lacks a light-armor tech like Soviet T3, it seems you have problems to understand relic's design,they make soviet T4 cost just equal to ost T3, they give great mid-game to soviet but give ost a great late-game.You complaint ost T4,oh I complaint the quick soviet T3 rush...But..calm down guy, let's learn to play, use the faction advantage to victory. After all you cant have everything right?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 47
United States 11
United States 22
unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %