Login

russian armor

Give Panzergrenadiers Toggle Panzerschreks Ability

13 Oct 2015, 17:45 PM

The whole idea behind upgrades is that they are supposed to force the player to make decisions.

Do I want bazookas for more AT the expense of my squad's AI firepower?

Do I want smgs for more close range firepower at the expense of other ranges?

The problem in coh2 is that not enough upgrades have enough drawbacks. G43s and lmgs will always increase the dps of the squad at all ranges, which makes them brainless. There is literally no reason not to upgrade lmgs, besides opportunity costs (which all abilities and upgrades have).

The real issue is that coh2 is not consistent on forcing player choice. Lmgs have no drawback, but smgs will always make a squad lose firepower at other ranges. Anti-tank issues are currently one of the well designed upgrades that force you to make a choice between a great AI squad and a great AT squad. As a result, we artifical feel that some upgrades are underperforming in comparison to the more brainless ones.

We want more thinking in strategy games, not less.

Where is the drawback in upgrading Sherman's, panzers, etc with LMG? Sometimes an upgrade is just a way to make player have to choose how to spend munitions to get maximum utility from units. That being said a PG blob would be almost un-counter-able of they could just switch in between modes so Firesparks idea of making them only be able to switch in base would be possible if coupled with making PG more expensive/upgrade more expensive. I don't trust relic would get it right so I voted "no" but I would like a simple prioritize vehicle option so you can wAit for armor to approach and not shoot at infantry
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 830
unknown 18

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment