Login

russian armor

Time to fix the Ostheer sniper problem

11 Sep 2015, 18:36 PM

Permanently Banned
Alright we have had our laughs. It is getting to people's nerves now. The new patch needs to hit the live servers fast, sniper abuse is getting out of hand and the balance preview mod changes at least gives the UKF players a change to have an earlier relative counter to the Ostheer sniper via the Universal Carrier spotting and effectiveness buff. I say relative counter with a heavy heart and will explain why, but my suggestion is:

Move the Ostheer sniper to T2. Why? Well I said that the new changes to the Universal Carrier are a relative counter to the Ostheer sniper. This is because a sniper will never be on its own, there is always a gren squad or mg around to protect it, the Universal carrier has to move in close to kill it even with the new detection range and damage to sniper buffs, and the grens can faust it and deter it easily or possibly finish it off.
It still isn't the counter the UKF needs, because Ostheer players will simply learn to keep their sniper at max range behind their grens, who can faust any Universal carrier that comes to harass the sniper. This in combination with the range reduction of the wasp and its damage, will pretty much leave any reasonable early game UKF counter to the Ostheer siper out of the game still. If the Ostheer player decides to get a 222, the Universal Carrier already becomes a lost counter that never was.

Moving the Ostheer sniper to T2 will delay it for several minutes. Although this won't effect its effectiveness during the game, it will seriously improve UKF early game and give them a change to get at least something of a momentum going and build a reasonable force to fight the Ostheer and the eventual sniper. For as far as I have seen, the 75mm armored car can kill the sniper pretty easily, I have had situation where it one shotted it, killed it in 2 shots or killed it on retreat. If the sniper is moved to T2, the 75 mm Armored Car will be there waiting for it alongside a bigger spectrum of British units, giving the UKF a better change to counter it.

As of now, I can win pretty much every game I play vs UKF in both the live version and the Balance preview mod version. It results in players totally raging out and calling you out for every disease there is, because it is utter frustration. I will post a perfect example. This player was both a victim of the sniper abyss and also a total dick that went way to far, so I left his name in there. But the point is, as soon as I chose the sniper and rushed 222s, he couldn't win if he wanted to, he had no chance.

Feel free to add your suggestion(s), you are very welcome to.
11 Sep 2015, 20:00 PM

Permanently Banned
nurf the fucker
11 Sep 2015, 20:08 PM
Patrion 14

As long as the ost sniper was designed to counter the soviet faction with their 6 man squads and weapon teams. With no changes made to the other factions efficiency vs him. He will always be broken; just like how wehrmacht sniper was broken vs brits in VCoH.

I was kind of hoping relic would do much more with the target table system instead of just giving accuracy buffs to the UC. But we will see how good it is in the live patch.
DeC
11 Sep 2015, 20:16 PM

Asymmetrical balance, /thread

You can't have a strong yoloMoloRush early game and kickass late game (Avre almost one shotting a jagd tiger etc) at the same time, so the problem lies between your hand and your keyboard.
11 Sep 2015, 20:26 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 20:16 PMDeC

You can't have a strong yoloMoloRush early game and kickass late game (Avre almost one shotting a jagd tiger etc) at the same time, so the problem lies between your hand and your keyboard.

That is not what I am saying here. I am saying that the Brits will never get to their late game vs a potent Ostheer Sniper with 222 play. It is impossible.
11 Sep 2015, 20:59 PM

I agree. Moving to T2 is the most reasonable nerf that he can get. It won't make him useless against Soviets, like a lower rate of fire would, while UKF will already have their counter prepared, when he comes.
11 Sep 2015, 21:06 PM
Donator 11

No way you see any sniper play if you lock him behind T2. By then you'd be forced to spend the mp for the sniper on more grens and/or indirect weapons early to the point a sniper would be redundant. I agree OH sniper is too strong but let's see how the new patch changes affect gameplay before relegating him to T2 oblivion.
11 Sep 2015, 21:09 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

-Give USF team-weapons 5 man.
(IB4 Alex asking for OKW to get a 5th man)

-Target tables on OH sniper vs IS. Increase cooldown/fire aim time/aim time multiplier so it takes the same time to clear a Rifle as to do so with an IS.

12 Sep 2015, 00:36 AM

nerf this fella, ost has more than enough tools to deal with 6 man squad, snipers arent the only one.

reduce his rof to match brit/soviet snipers.

didnt see vcoh axis snipers bitching when they had the same firing speed as allied snipers, and they had to deal with more potent infantry squads. mechanics then meant that snipers are much more difficult to micro.
12 Sep 2015, 01:05 AM

NERF THE FUCKER AND KILL HIM
12 Sep 2015, 02:34 AM

The UC nerf to flamer was deserved, because the WASP was too good. The MG upgrade is not great though, actually I'd say its pretty terrible. Not even just the cost, the actual upgrade time is very large, considering the small window of opportunity you have where the UC can even theoretically be an effective unit (i.e. before scout car hits and obliterates it).

The thing is 15 fuel. Gren fausts are a damned hard counter to it. It's all well and good to say "oh yeah 25 detection radius and bonus acc vs sniper" but like, the recloak time is insane on the ost sniper so you barely get a shot off even with mg upgrade coz the UC paths like a beached whale. And this relies on the idea that you can either drive the sniper's support off prior to chasing the sniper, or it isn't supported generally. The fact that Grens are tougher and more accurate than they're supposed to be is just making this situation even more ridiculous because your 280mp tommies are only on par with their 240mp grens assuming you're in cover.

The Bren carrier needs a fucking force field that will protect it from AT snares. Because all of the other proposed changes won't actually let it chase a sniper consistently. And staying at long range to 'spook' the sniper is not going to save you because of its crazy recloak time. You have to already have the guns facing the right way and be in range to get any bullets off.
12 Sep 2015, 03:08 AM

u can only nurf him if u give him a doggie for compensation
12 Sep 2015, 03:52 AM

Moving it to t2 won't do anything.

The Ostheer sniper needs a nerf to re-camo time.
12 Sep 2015, 04:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 20:16 PMDeC

you do realize the croc and the AVRE are both getting nerfed next patch, and otherwise the brits late is merely on par with the axis late game?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★