Login

russian armor

VIPUKS can help you to play better.

10 Sep 2015, 19:32 PM

Ok so where I start?

Hello everyone!

I spent around 1700h on coh2 and my name usually stays in top 10-50 leaderboard so I think I'm in the position where I can actualy discuss about other players, strats/skills and so on.

Ok Back to topic. I wanted to create an topic where everybody could easily contact me and ask for any tips/strats from "pro player" or whatever you call it..
Sure there are other topics where random people can help you but in this one we won't actually talk about what is op and what is overnerfed, what ever your strat is with my help we will try to make it work. I will try to guide you how to use weak unit with maximum efficiency and help you to deal with so called "Op" units with small casualties.

So yea if you have any questions go on and ask :p I'm glad to help even if you are asking how to beat my okw bloberinos.

Please keep trolling as low as possible and if you have something else to tell please try to take it seriously. Oh and about grammar sorry guys but you will have to deal with it. Thx
10 Sep 2015, 19:43 PM

How do you play against Ost with Brits? Especially with sniper/grens into 222 and then another sniper+pak on top
10 Sep 2015, 20:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2015, 19:43 PMRollo
How do you play against Ost with Brits? Especially with sniper/grens into 222 and then another sniper+pak on top

Oh lovely brits. To start with this my favorite faction and most fun to play.

About the strat. Most of the time I go for 3 infantry sections at the start and get full med upgrades on all of them. By the time I get these squads I'm already facing sniper or mg pressure. So what I do and you should do is forget about capping supplies with your first unit and go deep in enemy territory ( most of the time building which is in the middle of the map or important vs your oponent)

With that you don't need to start any engagements ( enough time to cap some points with second and third squad), your oponent needs to cap. He has to find way to force you out and that is usually blob with mg or something like 60% of all units he got. If he is putting a lot of pressure on you don't cap with second squad and go help first one ( cause if your oponent is fighting with all his blob that mean he is not capping either) so if you force retreat him that is pretty painfull. Basicly if there is pio in that engagement he is not really capping any important flags most of the time)

Once 3 squads are out and you get some flags you can start to tech up and get sniper to counter snipe ( don't even bother with blobing to get enemy sniper this is just waste of precious mp) and get quick aec with engineers or be smarter and get weapon rack tech and but 2 pats. Sniper and 2 pats iš enough to deal with scout car ( mines even give bigger chance to kill it)

About pak walls.. Well there isn't much to say wall is a wall you have to play "bite" games and flank it kill it, destroy it or face it againt your oponent.

And the last very important thing. Don't lose IS models. Always heal them cause every each model drop is painfull thing so why waste mp when you can just retreat ( let him cap that flag) heal up and use that saved mp on new squad and get back in action with more troops.
11 Sep 2015, 03:19 AM
Donator 11

How do you typically prioritize capping order in 1v1s? I feel I have a decent grasp of which areas to commit resources to in most maps but I find myself questioning my capping priorities and committing to early engagements

Any advice would be welcomed
aaa
11 Sep 2015, 09:54 AM

What you do as a Guard motor vs.

1. Ace
2. 3 leigs
3. elefant
11 Sep 2015, 09:58 AM

Super initiative man!

This guy is a friendly lad, if you have questions - contact him :)
11 Sep 2015, 11:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 03:19 AMKeaper!
How do you typically prioritize capping order in 1v1s? I feel I have a decent grasp of which areas to commit resources to in most maps but I find myself questioning my capping priorities and committing to early engagements

Any advice would be welcomed

The capping order. This is a pretty tricky thing cause every map require different capping strat and every player has his own needs. So let's say your tactic involves huge mun usage ? That would probably mean that you should try to get double mun point which would really help you a lot even if you hold them for a little. Maybe you want to quickly rush out vehicle or get fuel convertation into mun ? (yes you CAS cheeky buggers :P) ? So probably double fuel point is the best bet for you.
But what I would actually offer you is with your first unit cap your most important flag and then connect it with your second squad (engineers can make some wires so that is another smart thing to do) and when combat starts second squad should be pretty in time to cover your captured point (fun fact, if you are in 1 gren vs 1 con squad situation and your opponent halfly capped the point or uncapped it's possible that he will stay in that point till he gets the job done and that is pretty good time to do some serious damage with your units)

You might think why get double fuel or mun points? If I can just simply secure one each of them and build fuel or mun caches? Well, I personally don't build them, I'm more 'save mp, invest in more squads = use them and steal that sector from my enemy' type, but fuel caches are also great things or maybe if you want to be even more smarter you can get opel truck (that thing doubles fuel income if you deploy it on fuel sector) or luftwaffe suply drops and that is kind of same as having 2 fuel points or mun ...

Well I hope this will help you and maybe something good will come out of this thing.
12 Sep 2015, 14:30 PM

OKW Sturmpionners, when they have the repair kit, does the mineswepper affect the repair rate? with or without?
12 Sep 2015, 16:41 PM

OKW Sturmpionners, when they have the repair kit, does the mineswepper affect the repair rate? with or without?

No. There is no effect you just need to have actual upgrade
12 Sep 2015, 16:54 PM

+1 Vipuks is a great player and an awesome person!

Plenty of people can learn from his expertise.
12 Sep 2015, 17:02 PM

Are you planning to do some kind of mentoring for people who play 1v1?
13 Sep 2015, 05:51 AM

Vipuks , do you even analise replays (if i dont give you one that is playinly simple why i lot - eg loosing 3 suads and tank early game)
13 Sep 2015, 08:13 AM

Vipuks , do you even analise replays (if i dont give you one that is playinly simple why i lot - eg loosing 3 suads and tank early game)

I will be honest with you. I mostly watch replays only of tournament games. Only there people are serious and playing to win.
About automatch games well when I "fuck up" most of the time I already know what wrong I did so again analyzing my own automatch replays don't help me a lot. I only watch other streamer pastbroadcasts when I snip them. That is very good thing to learn what your oponent is thinking about you like are you aggressive enough? Maybe it's too easy to predict your strats for him and so on...
13 Sep 2015, 15:09 PM

Are you planning to do some kind of mentoring for people who play 1v1?

Well I don't mind as long as somebody want it. I'm usually 1v1 and 2v2 player.
13 Sep 2015, 15:21 PM

+1 vipuks is great and an awesome community member
13 Sep 2015, 18:06 PM

Vipuks how i can counter churchills as okw or ostheer ?

I mean fighting again em not wining early game, just how to fight agains them.

Often there is crocodile with them (normal churchills) or AVRE.

Also mines are not counter becuase good players send anvil enginners with sweeper with them and both move at similar speed so they have good synergetics.

Also they also tend to covered by at gun or 2 (mobile one) and often there are 2 commandos with them or some IS so even outcapping isnt possible.

Can you somehow help how to counter them ? (please dont tell me win early game i often win games by sniper + mg + mortar or fast luchs , but sometimes when it doesnt works as great - enemy keeps 33% oof map and 1 fuel point he manage to build churchill and then come secnond and they snowball)

13 Sep 2015, 18:43 PM

Vipuks how i can counter churchills as okw or ostheer ?

I mean fighting again em not wining early game, just how to fight agains them.

Often there is crocodile with them (normal churchills) or AVRE.

Also mines are not counter becuase good players send anvil enginners with sweeper with them and both move at similar speed so they have good synergetics.

Also they also tend to covered by at gun or 2 (mobile one) and often there are 2 commandos with them or some IS so even outcapping isnt possible.

Can you somehow help how to counter them ? (please dont tell me win early game i often win games by sniper + mg + mortar or fast luchs , but sometimes when it doesnt works as great - enemy keeps 33% oof map and 1 fuel point he manage to build churchill and then come secnond and they snowball)

Ahh these churchills from hell.
Honestly I did about 20 games against brits and none of them managed 'hoho ego boost' to survive till churchill so I basicaly I have no experience on that but I know what I could do against it. These heavy tanks have high hp and dps which makes them 'god' in the frontline so I believe what we should go with is anything what has insane DPS or really long ranged and would be mobile enough to dodge enemy rounds.
So let's look at the ostheer arsenal. What do we got there ? Ahh elephant commanders (pathetic strat is the best strat).
So let's say we are in long ranged map which is ussualy best for ostheer langres for example or something similar. You can build scout car and upgrade spotting scopes for it and get good 24/7 recon. That will maximize your pak wall effect. Also you can use spotting scopes for stugs. These guys are really good vs anything (just give them time and some proper micro). And finally our 'big boss' anti tank beast which will do 320dmg per shoot with pleasure on your oponent churchills. Churchills will get hit as soon as they show up and even if they reach you they should be around 60% hp left which is pretty ok if you just reverse and keep dealing such huge damage, also you get stuka diving bombing ability (maybe you can get vision with your scout car on enemy base and drop stuka bomb on retreating blob there? I'm sure that results will be nasty.)
The second elephant commander will provide you command panzer with smokes and hull down. It's not really popular commander cause scopes are one of the best abilities in this game but if you hull down vet 3 ostwind you will get a bunker which shoot really really fast and rip infantry with pleasure.

The OKW.
The faction which just can't simply die.
Well these guys don't really have anything really that good (I think over 280 fuel for jagdtiger in 1v1 is really not worth it) but they have jagdpanzer which has sick dps once it vets up. Maybe it's not that good but if you add command panther you will get really nice combination + some shreks and raketenwerfers will get the job done if you spot the targer first.

These strats might not work I don't know yet. I haven't fully tested it but that is what I would do if I get proper map.
15 Sep 2015, 19:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2015, 18:43 PMVIPUKS

Ahh these churchills from hell.
Honestly I did about 20 games against brits and none of them managed 'hoho ego boost' to survive till churchill so I basicaly I have no experience on that but I know what I could do against it. These heavy tanks have high hp and dps which makes them 'god' in the frontline so I believe what we should go with is anything what has insane DPS or really long ranged and would be mobile enough to dodge enemy rounds.
So let's look at the ostheer arsenal. What do we got there ? Ahh elephant commanders (pathetic strat is the best strat).
So let's say we are in long ranged map which is ussualy best for ostheer langres for example or something similar. You can build scout car and upgrade spotting scopes for it and get good 24/7 recon. That will maximize your pak wall effect. Also you can use spotting scopes for stugs. These guys are really good vs anything (just give them time and some proper micro). And finally our 'big boss' anti tank beast which will do 320dmg per shoot with pleasure on your oponent churchills. Churchills will get hit as soon as they show up and even if they reach you they should be around 60% hp left which is pretty ok if you just reverse and keep dealing such huge damage, also you get stuka diving bombing ability (maybe you can get vision with your scout car on enemy base and drop stuka bomb on retreating blob there? I'm sure that results will be nasty.)
The second elephant commander will provide you command panzer with smokes and hull down. It's not really popular commander cause scopes are one of the best abilities in this game but if you hull down vet 3 ostwind you will get a bunker which shoot really really fast and rip infantry with pleasure.

The OKW.
The faction which just can't simply die.
Well these guys don't really have anything really that good (I think over 280 fuel for jagdtiger in 1v1 is really not worth it) but they have jagdpanzer which has sick dps once it vets up. Maybe it's not that good but if you add command panther you will get really nice combination + some shreks and raketenwerfers will get the job done if you spot the targer first.

These strats might not work I don't know yet. I haven't fully tested it but that is what I would do if I get proper map.

Tested elephant commander strat. I can confirm it's pretty neat. Stugs against infantry aren't beasts but they get the job done. Basically If you hold one fuel point and some sweet bonus you should be able to make 1 stug and 1 ostwind and still enough for elephant. Stug is really good vs chuirchill.

Oh god. What have I done. How do I hide such big useless reply to myself without actualy removing it?
17 Sep 2015, 12:18 PM

I find brits quite OP/difficult to manage in 2v2s.
My win ratio dropped quickly against any UKF + other allied faction combo which I find the most difficult to deal with.

At one time I believed that 2 ostheer is better than 1 ost+1okw but recently I begun to change my opinion.

So what's the best combo axis should use against brit + other faction and why?
Thanks alot.
17 Sep 2015, 13:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2015, 12:18 PMJohnnyB

So what's the best combo axis should use against brit + other faction and why?
Thanks alot.

+1.

What buildorder should ostheer use in 2x2 against Brits with OKW as a teammate?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★