Login

russian armor

British Valentine tank

6 Sep 2015, 19:38 PM

I've done some searching through the ol' internet trying to come up with anything about this tank, and nobody's given it much of a mention outside of listing it next to other commander abilities and call-ins.

From what I can tell, it's recon ability makes it similar to the I/R halftrack that the OKW get, which in and of itself is actually rather neat, but it's veteran 1 ability to have all available sextons hit the designated area with shells still kinda befuddles me. In the last game I toyed around with it, the only sexton I had on the map didn't seem to do anything after the strike was called in.

I'm going to play around with it more, try some obvious things like making sure the sexton isn't moving when the order is called in and keeping it within its bombardment ability's range of the flare and see if that works. In the mean time though, if any of you have thoughts on the valentine or can confirm the situational requirements of its veteran 1 ability, I'd like to hear them :)
6 Sep 2015, 19:41 PM

6 Sep 2015, 20:22 PM

Permanently Banned
It very good at recon. its vet 1 ability is worthless
6 Sep 2015, 20:29 PM

It uses the Sexton Super Charge Barrage ability instead of a normal barrage, that might be whats causing the issue.
6 Sep 2015, 20:51 PM

Yeah, if the normal Barrage is on CD, that sexton doesn't participate in the barrage, and if you order one that has started to use the Super Charge Barrage to move, it will also cancel its participation. Range doesn't seem to be a factor, or at a bare minimum the Super Charge Barrage can be shot further than the normal barrage.

It does seem like it really only pulls its own weight once you get 3+ sextons, as 15 shells coming in is potent enough to be worth risking a vetted valentine that should otherwise be chilling in the back-line.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 50
Netherlands 23
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak