Login

russian armor

Balance Preview Update 09/04/2015

PAGES (13)down
5 Sep 2015, 04:59 AM

Came here to understand MG42 stat revert. Was not disappointed. A+++.

Any chance at getting "snap to cover" distance looked at? I feel like the current large distance was(perhaps unintentionally) introduced when the number of spots behind cover was (thankfully) increased. It consistently frustrates my micro in every game though with the current values. Edit: Actually, I guess that's not really related to balance at all, which seems to be the focus of this thing.

5 Sep 2015, 05:22 AM

Aaaaand sherman is weak again
5 Sep 2015, 05:38 AM

AUTO VAULTING PLS...

REMOVE RETREATING THRU DEEP SNOW!

Fixing those 2 would solve so many pathfinding problems.
5 Sep 2015, 06:11 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Aaaaand sherman is weak again

Even with the armour bonus it still wouldn't allow the M4 Sherman to deflect anything that's actually meant for anti-tank duty aside from the Puma and it would probably just allow the M4 Sherman to solo the PIV for Ostheer. You still got a boost to AP shells which makes it better for fending off other tanks of its size/flank shots on heavies. Furthermore, no one has touched one of the main incentives of what makes the Sherman a pretty good tank which synergies well with Jacksons: HE Shells.

Also, on the removal of the AA mode for the USF AA HT, I think the ability should stay in the sense of some sort of Priotize Aircraft to ensure it's actually doing its job to engage aircraft when you need it too in case some random infantryman comes within range.
5 Sep 2015, 06:19 AM

Well the tiger buff was completely random and unnesecarry. Now it has more range than the king tiger or is2 and outclasses the is2 in pretty much every way. Has better armor pen faster RoF. and more range and is way better againts inf. Only thing is2 has now is more durability but that's. Hardly an advantage when you have better axis at..
5 Sep 2015, 06:26 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2015, 06:19 AMBurts
Well the tiger buff was completely random and unnesecarry. Now it has more range than the king tiger or is2 and outclasses the is2 in pretty much every way. Has better armor pen faster RoF. and more range and is way better againts inf. Only thing is2 has now is more durability but that's. Hardly an advantage when you have better axis at..

Well, technically, the IS-2 is also a bit faster and its pen at close-range is better by 10.

But the faster RoF would definitely easily beat that last point.
5 Sep 2015, 06:32 AM

Yeah not sure why they decided to buff the tiger, it was perfectly fine before. The extra range in particular seems like a bit too much.
5 Sep 2015, 06:57 AM

Yeah not sure why they decided to buff the tiger, it was perfectly fine before. The extra range in particular seems like a bit too much.

This buff may help a bit against tank destroyers.
5 Sep 2015, 07:01 AM

Good changes.
Tiger :megusta:
Now, I will wait for soviet industry conversion and KV2 fix.
5 Sep 2015, 07:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2015, 06:57 AMNoorbi

This buff may help a bit against tank destroyers.
That's not a good thing.
5 Sep 2015, 07:20 AM

That's not a good thing.

Says who?
In fact, who says it's a bad thing?
HMM?
HHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM???!!???
5 Sep 2015, 07:23 AM

That's not a good thing.

lol more incentive for axis to get a tiger out in the field now
5 Sep 2015, 07:25 AM
Patrion 28

Says who?
HMM?

countering counters is bad when it happens on one unit. you have a rock/paper unit against scissors.
5 Sep 2015, 07:28 AM

Brace recharge time increased from 15 to 90 seconds

Does this mean that after Brace wears off, then it's a total of 60 seconds before I can do it again since the recharge starts the moment I first go into brace?

HMG can no longer garrison the 17lb At gun

Was this due to the AT gun's shape making it difficult to place the HMG in a satisfactory way or because the HMG wouldn't appear properly to begin with?
5 Sep 2015, 07:33 AM

That's not a good thing.

What? This wirh this buff, the Tiger CAN't counter TDs, but it can defend himself better.
Or you expect a 230 feul havy tank with not as good armor as the IS-2 to raped by cheaper tds?
This buff needed becouse the tiger can't bounce shots like th IS-2.
5 Sep 2015, 07:35 AM

countering counters is bad when it happens on one unit. you have a rock/paper unit against scissors.

lol if the tiger is gonna get buffed then the allied tank destroyers should get a buff in range and firepower as well in order to compensate for being fragile
5 Sep 2015, 07:37 AM

Says who?
HMM?
The two guys below you for starters.

If the intention was to make it better vs the IS-2 the penetration would have been just fine. The range buff made it better vs everything else which is completely unnecessary.
5 Sep 2015, 07:43 AM

The two guys below you for starters.

If the intention was to make it better vs the IS-2 the penetration would have been just fine. The range buff made it better vs everything else which is completely unnecessary.

Even without the range buff, the pen buff alone will make the tiger beat the is-2, while the tiger is also way better againts infantry than the is-2. I dont know why the hell they decided to touch on the heavy tank balance again when nobody asked for it.

I mean come on, the tiger now has the same penetration than the king tiger AND has more range than the king tiger... While also being 19 pop while the KT is 26 pop.
5 Sep 2015, 07:48 AM

now im hoping when the pershing makes its combat debut it will be on par against the axis heavies. USF is gonna need it desperately
5 Sep 2015, 07:53 AM

Hello all,

I do not post in the forums very often and I am not going to raise a balance point per se.

However I just thought I would like to thank RELIC for their real engagement with the community for the last 6 months.

They will never please everyone - and balance will always be difficult in a game like this where poor players tend to blame balance rather than their own abilities!!

My real point is that RELIC seem to be listening and more importantly engaging - twitch, new factions, new units, updates and talking to us.

I can only assume someone in finance spotted a direct correlation between income and community activities.

Keep up the good work!!

PS. I am not a RELIC fanboy - I am a COH2 fanboy and my favourite game (am 44 now) seems to really have life in it.

good job.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight