Login

russian armor

Brace

6 Sep 2015, 10:26 AM
Donator 11

Even 5-10 seconds more cooldown time to the brace would make the Bofors very easy to destroy. Just wait with the mortar barrage or incendiary mortar barrage or the Stuka bombing strike until you know that it will kill it.
6 Sep 2015, 10:41 AM
Patrion 14

If brace would be nerfed, it would be a huge blow to the already weak early game Brits have.
The reinforce point does not have a brace function and gets destroyed easily.
Did no one read my post?
6 Sep 2015, 10:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Sep 2015, 10:41 AMLooney
If brace would be nerfed, it would be a huge blow to the already weak early game Brits have.
The reinforce point does not have a brace function and gets destroyed easily.
Did no one read my post?

Consider it a trade off for being able to construct multiple forward retreat points with weapon racks non-doctrinally. The reason why Brace needed a nerf in the form of a cool down increase is it promotes campy play.

6 Sep 2015, 10:52 AM
Patrion 14

Consider it a trade off for being able to construct multiple forward retreat points with weapon racks non-doctrinally. The reason why Brace needed a nerf in the form of a cool down increase is it promotes campy play.

I agree with campy play, but isn't that the whole design of Brits?
Axis vs sov/USF is all about playing defensively early game.

The buildings are actually units themselves for Brits, so there is almost no way for people to camp more then 1 vp vs strong competent players.
In late game, the only building you have to fear is the British AT pounder, which when using braced can't fire, which you can use to your advantage.

Imagine a single mortar/howitzer kills the emplacement in a couple minutes while you're keeping the enemy at bay or capping the rest of the map because it forces British to atack and desperately keep it alive.

Brits would lose every time, because they have less units when camping with buildings.
6 Sep 2015, 11:46 AM
Donator 11

The most difficult thing with Bofors is even to manage to build it. If the other players build first one sniper and then spam with grenadiers, it is extremely difficult to build a Bofors in a strategic position. If the cooldown time for the Bofors would be too long, and thus be very easy to destroy, then the Bofors would be a complete unnecessary unit in the game.
6 Sep 2015, 13:12 PM
Patrion 14

And besides, the Brit emplacements are HUGE targets, I don't think i've ever seen a howie/mortar miss.
When I think about it, I've literally never seen a shell miss.
6 Sep 2015, 18:10 PM

Brace cooldown should be 20-30 seconds as that is enough time to counter push, barrage, or destroy. The issue is how strong braced structures and the damage they can withstand. The Brits structures can take a pounding which allows them time to formulate a counter which results in you getting pushed and possibly losing units while the Brits can repair. Braced structures at the very least should take higher damage than now.
6 Sep 2015, 18:21 PM

Look man, I know you've only played this game like 2 times and only as USF, but OkW and Wehrmacht are not invincible. Nothing they have is blatantly OP. Do you think Relic makes the Axis ''''''OP'''''''' on purpose or something? How about just nerfing units that overperform, units that are OP? And also just because the Axis factions work better in 3v3/4v4 games doesn't mean you need to give the Allied factions OP shit to win. Like for example, a bofors can wipe an entire squad that is in a building in 2 seconds. Does that seem like fun to you? Or that explosions do nothing to structures that are braced? That isn't fun.

i dont know about that but what i do know is that the psychological impact the axis left on me makes me feel like they ARE invincible. im sure those playing axis are thinking the same way and with confidence
6 Sep 2015, 18:24 PM
Patrion 14

Well, like someone else said. If you just make 2 mortars / LeiG's these emplacements go down fairly quick.

Not so sure if the 90s cooldown in the next patch is a good idea :)

But not long ago I played with a friend some 2v2 and he had a mortar emplacement. He braced it because he saw a Sturmtiger coming. OKW fired on the mortar emplacement. It took 10% of damage? Not more. That was pretty dumb imo.

Maybe Brace should just work vs small artillery fire. But saving an emplacement from a Sturmtiger shot is maybe a bit too much?
6 Sep 2015, 18:25 PM
Patrion 14

Nerf Brace -> Add Mobile Mortar Halftrack to T2 as hammer/ anvil choice for Brits.

Brits early game indirect issues fixed.
6 Sep 2015, 18:47 PM
Donator 11

I take everything back. It is easy to destroy Bofors even in its current state, if you know what you do. And if you don't know, you can always prevent it built in a strategic position by spamming grenadiers, so that you can then go around it.
6 Sep 2015, 18:58 PM

So, you guys know that MHT incendiary barrage one shots mortar emplacement if braced from 100 to 0, right?
6 Sep 2015, 19:04 PM
Donator 11

And you can also destroy the mortar emplacement in few seconds with a MG-42.
6 Sep 2015, 19:26 PM

So, you guys know that MHT incendiary barrage one shots mortar emplacement if braced from 100 to 0, right?

This is why all flame weapons are getting a damage nerf next patch. Molotovs can also kill Bunkers atm due to retardly high DOT damage.
6 Sep 2015, 19:39 PM

Next stage of brace will be overkill. 60 seconds . its so big time that even mortar can take it out. And dont get me wrong but i dont know how can brits disloge mortar covered with grens + snipers / hmg42
Eys were taking about mid game , where brace save UK ass.

I think 30 second is fine. Its enough to plan attack and destroy it with everything but its not so big overkill.

To compare stuka dive bomb took only 11 seconds to land i think
6 Sep 2015, 20:02 PM
Donator 22

I take everything back. It is easy to destroy Bofors even in its current state, if you know what you do. And if you don't know, you can always prevent it built in a strategic position by spamming grenadiers, so that you can then go around it.

in a 2vs2: 1 stug 1 ostwind & 2 paks was needed to destroy the bofors :luvDerp:
6 Sep 2015, 20:13 PM

Brace is fine because any incendiary flame'tard can rip them off. That why all Brits player spam OP/IMBA tank + Pounder and then win.

Static and defensive faction, huh ? Lelic plz.
6 Sep 2015, 20:31 PM

Permanently Banned
30s cooldown, otherwise I'd never build emplacements again if its something like 90 seconds
6 Sep 2015, 20:36 PM

It's current cooldown with the patch changes is 60 seconds, as the cooldown ticks down while the ability is active.
7 Sep 2015, 05:27 AM

Just in case this hasn't been posted yet (I know I should have done it beofre release):

:snfCHVGame:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS