Login

russian armor

Anvil Royal Engineers

3 Sep 2015, 15:12 PM

I found them to be decent assault infantry with Churchills, they move at the same speed and can support each other well. Anvil Engies aren't OP but spamming them and spamming Churchills is awesome.

Then you probably never met Ostwind or StuG-E yet with them. Or even rifle nades which are impossible to dodge with them. Or any nades for the matter.
3 Sep 2015, 16:09 PM

Then you probably never met Ostwind or StuG-E yet with them. Or even rifle nades which are impossible to dodge with them. Or any nades for the matter.

Churchills punish those tanks, you don't get the Anvil upgrade early you wait until you can get tanks to support them, then I find they do better than Tommies at assaulting.
3 Sep 2015, 20:42 PM

Anvil royal engineers are the rejects of the army that you lock in a (mortar) pit and only let them out to fix or build things.

Good news is they excel at that and are cheap enough to have ever fortification manned for the bonus, to repair it as needed, and the Vickers gives them enough firepower to keep a squad of infantry from sneaking in to waste you emplacements.
3 Sep 2015, 20:59 PM

I haven't had much success in using them as mainline infantry replacements (slow combat speed gets me too), but they are certainly worthwhile as supplemental "hold the line" infantry who can hold their own. If anything its nice to have them around as meatshields to mitigate some of dat Tommie MP bleed.
3 Sep 2015, 21:04 PM

Good news is they excel at that and are cheap enough to have ever fortification manned for the bonus, to repair it as needed, and the Vickers gives them enough firepower to keep a squad of infantry from sneaking in to waste you emplacements.

Forward assembly grants bonus to all emplacements in range.
3 Sep 2015, 21:06 PM

Anvil Royal Engineers are actually one of the most (if not the most) durable squads in the entire game. They get +1 armor on the upgrade stacking on top of their already great received accuracy (.528 at Vet 3).

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★