Login

russian armor

British Patch 3 Sep

PAGES (15)down
27 Aug 2015, 11:52 AM

i just hope the brits are on par against the axis cuz currently axis are mopping the floor against the allies or was it curb stomping them to death?

How do you draw this conclusion? You only have a handful of games with one faction so you really don't even have the experience to make such a broad statement as the above. When you have as little play as you do it really just comes off as you being a sore loser and complaining that it isn't your lack of game play skill, but rather that the game itself is broken. When in fact the Axis are only "better" than Allies in 3v3 and 4v4 and Allies are better in 1v1 and 2v2 (both by a slim margin). The early and mid game of the Allies is still better than that of the Axis.
27 Aug 2015, 12:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2015, 08:47 AMAladdin
To all who say soviet t1 is now dead,
It actually died previous patch just because of MAXIM SPAM ATTACK MOVE CHEESE.

Maxim spam into M5 rush, gg

As a senior T1 user I should point out that you are wrong.

T2 is SPAM tier.
T1 is CHEESE tier.

Maxim spam is SPAM, not CHEESE.

Flamecar + Double snipers + Guards is CHEESE.

Use correct classification when bitching about Soviets.
27 Aug 2015, 12:12 PM

T2 is SPAM tier.
T1 is CHEESE tier.

Maxim spam is SPAM not CHEESE.

We say cheese when generally is a win or lose strat, depending if it went well or no, for exemple a photon rush, a proxy gate, a hatch inbase ( + spines ) rush,"rush" DT, if you fail them, you will be in a so bad place that "normally" you will lose

I don't really see where the Flamecar + double snipers + Guards is a Cheese in the same way, the only "hard counter" to Snipers is light vehicule, kinda "countered" by Guards
27 Aug 2015, 12:29 PM

So all inf squads spread out? Ho Ho Ho Ho Maxim Spam. :snfPeter:

Giving USF proper mines. :snfPeter:

Also paging Dr. Cruzz. Dr. Cruzz to the Patch room. :foreveralone:
27 Aug 2015, 13:08 PM

My mistake, I always go for T2 starts these days.

I don't see how this is that hard of a choice when you can get a light vehicle out of T3 that can kill any axis light vehicle other than a Puma out at like 6-7 minutes. Clown car shittery was dumb and silly, it's much better that flamers are actually flamers not some stupid mad max toy. Like you can still use an M3 to get behind and MG or do a flank you just can't chase and flame crit shit all the way back to an enemies base. Reliable performance always beats out everything unless you actually like bullshit RNG.

Going T2 quickly after isn't that hard either when it costs like 2-3 minutes of fuel income at most. The quickest thing the enemy can possibly make is a FHT and even those when rushed don't hit the field till minute 6-7.

Outside of doing damage to light vehicles, the flak gun's for base defense are actually worse than MG bunkers. Ever try decrewing one with quads or other stuff? It's really easy.

The problem is that a straight nerf to the scout car leaves it in a bad place. I can only be used to counter kubels if that is the case. Without the ability to push off infantry quick with flames its role in the early game is gone. Buff it, remove ability to transport troops.

Going T2 delays T3, going T3 directly means giving up field presence to OKW and possibly getting to the field at about the same time as the puma.

I understand your frustration with being chased back to base and burned down (this is really only an OKW problem), but nerfing T1 means it will be marginalized. Already Penals are borderline poor, Snipers are not as good as German version (except two man squads), and now scout car will be more useless.

Also base defenses of OKW do a fine job. Please post a video of Guards ROFL stomping the flaks. If I am decrewing someone's flaks the game has ended long ago. The ability of the base defense rounds to penetrate armor should not be ignored. It prevents T70's from chasing anything near the OKW base, but OKW does not have this problem on Allied bases with the Luchs. Their ability to shoot down planes, however marginal, is just poor design. Base defenses should not contribute to a players overall strategy.
27 Aug 2015, 13:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2015, 12:29 PMVonIvan
So all inf squads spread out? Ho Ho Ho Ho Maxim Spam. :snfPeter:

Giving USF proper mines. :snfPeter:

Also paging Dr. Cruzz. Dr. Cruzz to the Patch room. :foreveralone:

Having studied under Dr. Cruzz for a while now I can say with certainty it's kind of hard to extract shadow changes from a patch that has yet to be released and put into the game code.

I can say with some certainty these changes will have *g-man voice* unforeseen consequences......:

Changed time to load into and unload out of buildings to 0.

Removed Accuracy and Penetration from AOE. Accuracy values have been changed to always hit and Penetration value have been changed to the same as the value of the weapon. There were a lot of issues that accuracy value and penetration values created with AOE. One of them being mines sometime doing no damage even when triggered. We raised AOE accuracy so it can no longer miss and Penetration to match the penetration value of the weapon.

Sandbags can no longer be crushed by Light Crush. Only Medium Crush and up.

27 Aug 2015, 13:18 PM

The problem is that a straight nerf to the scout car leaves it in a bad place. I can only be used to counter kubels if that is the case. Without the ability to push off infantry quick with flames its role in the early game is gone. Buff it, remove ability to transport troops.

Except it can push off stationery infantry with flames. It will still be a good counter (well even better but you get my point) for early game MG's, garrisons, and cover huggers like it's supposed to be. The change just offers some kind of counter play (namely moving and microing your stuff).

Going T2 delays T3, going T3 directly means giving up field presence to OKW and possibly getting to the field at about the same time as the puma.

Going T3 directly isn't a bad choice at all, especially with guards to support which can ward off Puma's. There really isn't a downside that huge to picking T1 or T2 as Soviets against OKW. Ostheer yeah, OKW no.

but nerfing T1 means it will be marginalized. Already Penals are borderline poor, Snipers are not as good as German version (except two man squads), and now scout car will be more useless.

Flamers will do more damage, I fail to see how that's a nerf. And when paired against OKW does the sniper's quality against the Ost sniper really matter? And as I said before, the improved performance of flamers against things they are supposed to fight will be a buff, not a nerf.

Also base defenses of OKW do a fine job. Please post a video of Guards ROFL stomping the flaks. If I am decrewing someone's flaks the game has ended long ago. The ability of the base defense rounds to penetrate armor should not be ignored. It prevents T70's from chasing anything near the OKW base, but OKW does not have this problem on Allied bases with the Luchs. Their ability to shoot down planes, however marginal, is just poor design. Base defenses should not contribute to a players overall strategy.

OKW base defenses have a squad of 2 men, they require 2 men to function. You literally only need to kill 1 dude and it will decrew itself. It also can't shoot down planes anymore, a change that was implemented a very long time ago. Also were did you get guards from? I specifically said Quad.

Yes it's ability to fuck with light armor is nice but I would prefer not having my base defenses sniped and killed 7 minutes into the game. Then recrewed by cons supported by a Quad :sibHyena:

EDIT: Can we stop it with the whole "THIS IS NOW USELESS FUCK EVERYTHING" theories before anything has even been tested.
27 Aug 2015, 13:20 PM

Look at all these Soviet fanboys whining of their "iWin unit" getting OVERNERFED :loco:
27 Aug 2015, 13:30 PM

T2 is SPAM tier.
T1 is CHEESE tier.

Maxim spam is SPAM, not CHEESE.

Looking at your playcard, I can see your cheese is decayed and not working for you. :rofl:

Maxim spam with the buff it got in the recent patch and rushing for M5 is now the current meta Soviet Cheese
27 Aug 2015, 13:43 PM

Having studied under Dr. Cruzz for a while now I can say with certainty it's kind of hard to extract shadow changes from a patch that has yet to be released and put into the game code.

"studied" :foreveralone:
I'm paging him for a different reason. :snfPeter:
27 Aug 2015, 13:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2015, 13:43 PMVonIvan

"studied" :foreveralone:
I'm paging him for a different reason. :snfPeter:

Well we extract from the same game files, and I picked up a lot of my knowledge with how the engine works from him. Although I will never have his sexy Finnish accent :sibHeart:
27 Aug 2015, 14:15 PM

Literally one post above yours is this one:

Learn to read before posting rageposts.

You're right, I saw it just too late, was just fast reading past pudding Kappa:romeoMug:
27 Aug 2015, 14:19 PM

When even Allied top players admit M5 is overperforming, you've start to gotta think something is wrong about it.
Or... Why don't you try to play axis to see how does it feel like to face M5?

I've yet to see anyone on the top 15 come in this thread and start screaming for an M5 nerf. Not that it would make any difference if they did, being gifted at this game doesn't mean you're right every time.

And obviously you haven't looked at my playercard or you'd see I actually play a fair amount of Ostheer. If you're expecting a light vehicle, and there's no reason you shouldn't be, there's no reason you shouldn't have a pak or pgrens with shrecks out... providing you weren't already getting your arse kicked.
If something becomes a no brainer it's a clear indicator that it's overpowered.
The M5 is such case. It outclasses vehicles that are much more expensive and comes too early.
The Quad MG upgrade comes simply too early, Relic wanted to increase light vehicle play, all they did in the end was just to expand the window to early game instead of late game. Infantry play finishes at minute 5 or 6 where you have to counter already the vehicles.

Ostheer struggles to have a pak by the time a Quad arrives and OKW needs always double raketenwerfer to counter the Quad, that's not fun play, just boring and repetitive. The aim should be to enrich the meta and not make no brainer options or foo strategies.

Ost only struggles to get the pak out if they're not paying attention or suffering a terrible bleed because they're being outplayed. If either is true, then they deserve to get their face beat in by a Quad.

Name one vehicle that is significantly more expensive than the M5 and loses to it in a 1v1 situation. The Puma will beat it every time, if neither side intervenes with other units. The Luchs can't even be penetrated by it, not that I've seen. Axis halftrack has a different purpose. 222 can kill it, though admittedly it dies in a flash... but then again, it dies fairly quickly to infantry small arms. Here's an idea, why not just buff the 222's health so the Ost player has more of a margin of error?

Not to mention EVERYTHING IN SOVIET T3 GETS ONESHOTTED BY A TELLER. Do you have any idea how few players, outside of the very stratosphere of this game, actually equip minesweepers?

Bottom line: the quad is easily killed by multiple Axis units. All of which the Axis player has available either before it comes out or within 30 seconds.
27 Aug 2015, 14:24 PM
Patrion 26

can somebody ( i am looking at you jason) look at the USF captain? He is currently the biggest noob on the battlefield? Is his aristocratic blood the reason behind it? He jumps, sprints, crawls, suicides into a tank and then fires maybe one bazooka shoot. Funny how some peasants aka. volks can fire schrecks so much better then some American aristocrat.
27 Aug 2015, 14:59 PM

OKW base defenses have a squad of 2 men, they require 2 men to function. You literally only need to kill 1 dude and it will decrew itself. It also can't shoot down planes anymore, a change that was implemented a very long time ago.

Do you even read patch notes?

March 31st 2015 Update
Flak Base Defenses
Another common concern we’ve seen is that OKW’s default AA is unfairly advantageous when compared to all other factions that are required to spend resources to build AA.
OKW base Flak Gun chance to shoot down aircraft has been reduced to 0.5%

0.5 still greater than 0 in my book.

And if you don't see how flames designed to deal with static positions will be much worse when used from a scout car I don't know what to tell you. The car's biggest draw is its ability to move and speed past hard targets to engage soft targets behind. Making it move infantry faster to the front does not fit with its role.
27 Aug 2015, 15:01 PM

Permanently Banned

I've yet to see anyone on the top 15 come in this thread and start screaming for an M5 nerf. Not that it would make any difference if they did, being gifted at this game doesn't mean you're right every time.

And obviously you haven't looked at my playercard or you'd see I actually play a fair amount of Ostheer. If you're expecting a light vehicle, and there's no reason you shouldn't be, there's no reason you shouldn't have a pak or pgrens with shrecks out... providing you weren't already getting your arse kicked.

Ost only struggles to get the pak out if they're not paying attention or suffering a terrible bleed because they're being outplayed. If either is true, then they deserve to get their face beat in by a Quad.

Name one vehicle that is significantly more expensive than the M5 and loses to it in a 1v1 situation. The Puma will beat it every time, if neither side intervenes with other units. The Luchs can't even be penetrated by it, not that I've seen. Axis halftrack has a different purpose. 222 can kill it, though admittedly it dies in a flash... but then again, it dies fairly quickly to infantry small arms. Here's an idea, why not just buff the 222's health so the Ost player has more of a margin of error?

Not to mention EVERYTHING IN SOVIET T3 GETS ONESHOTTED BY A TELLER. Do you have any idea how few players, outside of the very stratosphere of this game, actually equip minesweepers?

Bottom line: the quad is easily killed by multiple Axis units. All of which the Axis player has available either before it comes out or within 30 seconds.
Bad arguement, you are one of few who think this unit is fine.
27 Aug 2015, 15:07 PM

Do you even read patch notes?

March 31st 2015 Update
Flak Base Defenses
Another common concern we’ve seen is that OKW’s default AA is unfairly advantageous when compared to all other factions that are required to spend resources to build AA.
OKW base Flak Gun chance to shoot down aircraft has been reduced to 0.5%

.....and Iv not had it shoot down a plane since then, in almost 100+ games. Has it been happening to you a lot recently?

And if you don't see how flames designed to deal with static positions will be much worse when used from a scout car I don't know what to tell you. The car's biggest draw is its ability to move and speed past hard targets to engage soft targets behind. Making it move infantry faster to the front does not fit with its role.

More damage + a DOT applied to flamed area doesn't seem like much worse. Like you can just stop your scout car next to the desired target and hit it to not get the 50% less accuracy deal. Again the change is designed to make it better and less cheesy/stupid; I don't know why you are so against that.

If he retreats okay good for him he just gave up map presence, sure you can't chase him but you got the desired effect.
27 Aug 2015, 15:20 PM

[...]
[...]

And this is gentlemen, the exact definition of bias :clap:

27 Aug 2015, 15:31 PM

.....and Iv not had it shoot down a plane since then, in almost 100+ games. Has it been happening to you a lot recently?

More damage + a DOT applied to flamed area doesn't seem like much worse. Like you can just stop your scout car next to the desired target and hit it to not get the 50% less accuracy deal. Again the change is designed to make it better and less cheesy/stupid; I don't know why you are so against that.

If he retreats okay good for him he just gave up map presence, sure you can't chase him but you got the desired effect.

I won't argue with you about whether having it shoot down a plane has happened, the point that you made was incorrect. The base defenses, unlike every other faction, can shoot down planes for no reason now, since the biggest reason they existed was to limit base rushing with M3's.

I don't build a scout car to force people off the field I build one to wipe squads since it has no staying power and slows my tech. I have to get wipes to balance it out. If it cannot wipe squads any longer it must have buffs to stay part of the game. Also stopping a scout car, which lives or dies by movement, seems like a perfect way to constantly be losing scout cars. When I use scout cars I never let them stop moving, once they do they die. Too many units want them dead and can do it if given just enough time to regain their balance.

27 Aug 2015, 15:36 PM

How do you draw this conclusion? You only have a handful of games with one faction so you really don't even have the experience to make such a broad statement as the above. When you have as little play as you do it really just comes off as you being a sore loser and complaining that it isn't your lack of game play skill, but rather that the game itself is broken. When in fact the Axis are only "better" than Allies in 3v3 and 4v4 and Allies are better in 1v1 and 2v2 (both by a slim margin). The early and mid game of the Allies is still better than that of the Axis.

still it wasn't long for me to realize that there was something "off" about the balance. i dont need to play 50+ matches against the human opponent to quickly realize that the axis have an unfair advantage in the larger games. not to mention the OKW and OST dream team combo
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS