Login

russian armor

Enlight me about those so called "map hacks"

24 Aug 2015, 03:19 AM

I have been playing this game since the beginning without suspect of map hacking but the last month I started to feel cheated in my games, having the feeling that the enemy knew all the mines and my troops position in fog of war. I hope relic can fix that problem.

I had a game before the last patch, it was 2v2, enemy stuka always land on top of my defense, from fog, like i have 3 AT guns line up nearly my fuel point in camo, it fire in front force off enemy tanks, then pull back, wait at halfmap away where they were last seen by enemy for next engagement, then stuka barrage land on top my AT guns perfectly. it also happen so few other times, like my teammate's dying IS is fall back on edge of map north of our base repairing, stuka barrage land on top of it and kill it with out anything thing like flares or scout plane. I watch the reply couldn't figure out how they able to do this.

yes there was crawlers but they are my own crawlers. so i believe there is still MH out there, also I found a youtube video about it.

24 Aug 2015, 12:02 PM

There is a confirmed working map hack for COH2.

I will not give any details about it other than the fact that the people doing it are not doing it for free and it has a ridiculous monthly subscription cost. So only retards or the desperate are probably using it. I can however confirm that it works as you would expect.

In COH1 map hacks were ultra common because they were free and the guy making them was happy to do the work for the sake of calling attention to how little effort Relic put behind the title. I would say most games had at least 50% of people using them, it just killed the gameplay and of course Relic did nothing. At least this one is expensive, at least for the moment.

This one is new, so if your replays look fishy then they probably are, better start sending them to Relic so they can hide under some coats.

If this is true and you know where to get the hack, you should PM Jason from relic, or anyone from relic really, the details so they can investigate and fix it. Or pm me and I'll make sure the information gets to where it needs to go.

Or just send it to enforcement@relic.com
24 Aug 2015, 12:56 PM

I had one game where I accused somebody of map hacking because he followed my sniper perfectly.

I watched the replay and saw that there was a split second where the sniper was not invisible, so I was wrong and I am sorry for that.

Watch the replay in his view first. and in 19 of 20 times you will see why things happened the way they did.
24 Aug 2015, 14:40 PM

http://crypto.stanford.edu/~dabo/papers/onlinegames.pdf

^
super well-written explanation of how/why map hacking is possible in RTS games.

Also shows why it can be so difficult/impossible to detect without something akin to Warden/VAC running on the client's machine. And how easy it can be to map hack even while streaming.
24 Aug 2015, 19:34 PM

I was telling you guys about cheating in coh 2 since ages and all I got untill now is that I am talking nonsense.you woke up at last. Relic needs to take care of this problem seriously no matter how manny resources would this involve. Because this ruins the game worst than bugs and unbalance!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★