Login

russian armor

UKF - Know your commanders

21 Aug 2015, 21:06 PM

I am worried that the balance will be worse than the Tiger Ace when it came out. Those look OP asf.
21 Aug 2015, 21:23 PM

So... where is the Comet? I thought it was doctrinal? lel

And those artillery abilities sound kinda broken... "on the frontlines"... so basically everywhere my territory borders on the enemies'? How much muni will that costs...
21 Aug 2015, 21:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2015, 21:23 PMQbix
So... where is the Comet? I thought it was doctrinal? lel

And those artillery abilities sound kinda broken... "on the frontlines"... so basically everywhere my territory borders on the enemies'? How much muni will that costs...

All UKF commanders abilities share a cool down, but in return cost very little to use.

implying relic hasnt done balancing since the alpha.

Well they changed air supremacy to just being the bombers, although that was the most cancerous part of the ability :foreveralone:
21 Aug 2015, 21:26 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2015, 21:23 PMQbix
So... where is the Comet? I thought it was doctrinal?

Comet is unlocked at the end of the tech tree with hammer unlock. Its all on the unit profiles.
21 Aug 2015, 21:28 PM

Comet is unlocked at the end of the tech tree with hammer unlock. Its all on the unit profiles.

k thx ^.^

All UKF commanders abilities share a cool down, but in return cost very little to use.

Sounds like Brits will have obvious windows of vulnerability then.

EDIT: Meh, sucks that the sniper is doctrinal.
21 Aug 2015, 21:35 PM

First three come with Brits, the other 3 so far have been confirmed war spoils drops.

via war spoils , that is even worse than pay to win politicy

Well they changed air supremacy to just being the bombers, although that was the most cancerous part of the ability :foreveralone:

and what it did before ?
21 Aug 2015, 21:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2015, 21:28 PMQbix

k thx ^.^

Sounds like Brits will have obvious windows of vulnerability then.

EDIT: Meh, sucks that the sniper is doctrinal.

The sniper isn't doctrinal, that is a AT Weapons Squad in the doctrine not the AT Sniper.
21 Aug 2015, 21:42 PM

Finally I can post this (since commanders are known).

That range :foreveralone:

so absurd.. so f.cking absurd.. It also has a main gun besides secondary gun (flamethrower).. I m so angry. Must be decreased its CP requirement and nerfed that flame range.
21 Aug 2015, 21:42 PM

The sniper isn't doctrinal, that is a AT Weapons Squad in the doctrine not the AT Sniper.

Man this was a hard day for me, clearly.
21 Aug 2015, 21:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2015, 21:42 PMErguvan

so absurd.. so f.cking absurd.. It also has a main gun besides secondary gun (flamethrower).. I m so angry. Must be decreased its CP requirement and nerfed that flame range.
Hopefully they at least decreased the range to match rifle range at most (Just like CoH1). There's no reason for the range to be this large.

Well anyway, looking forward to trying these commanders. Will buy all 3 extra commanders on day one! :D
21 Aug 2015, 21:48 PM

All UKF commanders abilities share a cool down, but in return cost very little to use

Doesnt seem like it anymore. In the Alpha forums, Relic called it an experiment (that fortunately was removed).

A lot of the commander abilities have some secondary stuff removed, and i bet some cost more. The vanguard operations typhoon strafes are 200 muni (on the typhoon description of the plane itself on Relic blog) when it costed a cheap 135 muni in Alpha.

Also, the stream showed that only the ability used went on cooldown.
21 Aug 2015, 21:51 PM

Keep in mind that Duffy said he can cheat in his stream in his "Developer Build". Perhaps things will still have a shared cool down in the Public Build.
21 Aug 2015, 21:56 PM

Keep in mind that Duffy said he can cheat in his stream in his "Developer Build". Perhaps things will still have a shared cool down in the Public Build.

Perhaps, but if it is the case, then it would be nice if that was written on the actual commander page or explained on the stream. Having all abilities go on cooldown didnt balance anything.
21 Aug 2015, 21:57 PM

Doesnt seem like it anymore. In the Alpha forums, Relic called it an experiment (that fortunately was removed).

A lot of the commander abilities have some secondary stuff removed, and i bet some cost more. The vanguard operations typhoon strafes are 200 muni (on the typhoon description of the plane itself on Relic blog) when it costed a cheap 135 muni in Alpha.

Also, the stream showed that only the ability used went on cooldown.

Also looked like just the vehicle and no engineers were called in when using the AVRE ability, or was that just the developer build that did that?
21 Aug 2015, 22:03 PM

So, what's the best 1 vs 1 commander?
21 Aug 2015, 22:05 PM

Also looked like just the vehicle and no engineers were called in when using the AVRE ability, or was that just the developer build that did that?

It seems that they are removed forever. All the descriptions infer that they are now singular call-ins. I would assume Sexton, Valentine, both crocs, AVRE, are all callins of just the vehicle themselves. Now means only commandos have real demos.

Makes life easier when calling in multiple sextons and not getting an artillery officer for every one you call in. Will miss recon IS's and double flamethrower IS's, though.
21 Aug 2015, 22:06 PM

More proof on the Shared Cooldowns still existing in on From History to Gameplay Pt. 2 (Dev Diary). Around 3:15 into it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=194&v=Smsv9N5qOnw
21 Aug 2015, 22:10 PM

More proof on the Shared Cooldowns still existing in on From History to Gameplay Pt. 2 (Dev Diary). Around 3:25 into it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=234&v=Smsv9N5qOnw

I guess, then. But as long as stuff are single callins and abilities cost a realistic amount of resources - that the posted descriptions arent leaving out anything.
22 Aug 2015, 00:31 AM

Great looking commanders. All of them seem to have cool abilities and the offmaps all seem great.

There's a good reason why you don't talk about alpha as so much experimental stuff is just put in there. I won't even mention OKW alpha - that would be enough for people to boycott the game! Also, what happened to the dudes with stuff?

Churchill croc was always a great tank, but it's going to be ridiculously pricey (in CoH1 it was 800mp!), and panthers will rip through it I reckon.
22 Aug 2015, 01:34 AM

Each of these commanders are so unique, it's a real shame vanilla coh 2 wasn't based on this level of details instead of re-hashed abilities and poorly thought ones ( Relief Infantry, Rapid conscriptions e.t.c )
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★