23%
23%
19%
19%
3%
Total votes: 31
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
21 Aug 2015, 14:18 PM

Having been playing the USF more and more, I finally got a Recon Commander to drop and after a couple games, I need to ask.

How do you play this commander?

I like the idea of forward observers helping my Jackson's, but the Path finders don't seem to do much to help my war effort since I don't ever float 900 MP for the call in, you need to be having a damn good game or not contribute anything to the fight for along time to amass that amount.

I haven't even called in the M8 greyhound, I felt like it was just going to slow me on my path to fast Stuart.

constructive input is appreciated :D

I added a Poll, just because I was wondering
21 Aug 2015, 16:41 PM

its worst commander now.

riflemen spoters are bugged

greyhound is overshadowed by fast m 20 or sturdy stuart , but come often at time of stuart.

patfinders dont snipe infantry their only pro is arty strike

and in normal game you cannot float so much mp to lotery air drops.

Only pro of this commander i find is recon and arty , but mechanized does this both as well good + you get kubel counter and refiting weak vehicles
21 Aug 2015, 19:37 PM

There one more good thing about recon.

Get Pathfinders -> Hold fire -> Sneak from cover to cover -> Get close to enemy's base -> Arty anything -> Profit.
21 Aug 2015, 20:16 PM

This commander doesn't give you good lategane stuff like Paratroopers, P47, M1919 and Priest, or Wolverines. The point in it is it allows you put ridiculous pressure on your opponent if you take advantage of its features.

-Forward Observers is really only good for flanking MG42s very early game.

-Pathfinders are actually really nice to accompany your infantry force as recon. Treat them as purely scouts that you plop behind your mobile army to spot the enemy key units so you can flank. Lategame, without OP things from other commanders, you need this.

-Pathfinder arty is obviously good for OKW bases and Pak 43, but don't forget about the enemy base. Taking down a pair of Wehr base turrets with one barrage allows you to harass his base. With your lack of lategame goodies, this is a really good idea.

-decoy arty is good lategame for forcing retreats on contested VPs.

-the Greyhound is a good harassment vehicle that also hardcounters the 222. It forces Ost and to a lesser extent OKW units to reposition due to its mobility and destructive potential with canister shot: the Greyhound makes flanking with Rifles easier.

-lategame the Greyhound is an excellent deterrent against flank capping.

- recon sweep is good if you have teammates with powerful abilities. (Say, that Soviet bombing strike, incendiary arty, or whatever the Brits have.)

Now, onto what a good build order and strategy is:

Because the commander lacks lategame punch, along with the stock army, you have to put on immense pressure. 2 REs and 3 Rifles into T1 is good; use Pathfinders to facilitate flanks and outmaneuvering, and the Greyhound to counter the 222 and harass. Use .50 cals liberally, keep putting on pressure (vs flak track, smoke nades/ greyhound harass/RE zooks) and tech up to captain. Captain will boost your AT, and supervise production will help with getting armor and replacements out fast. Once you get Major tech, you should have a balanced army of Zook REs, Rifles hopefully with bars or grenades, two officers, some .50 cals, a greyhound, an at gun, and pathfinders for recon. Get out a Sherman and start wiping squads with HE. Take out his base turrets with arty, harass in there, maybe when he repositions his army to deal with this you flank him.

Pre-MG42 HQ buff I had a lot of fun games with this commander vs decent players. Key is to constantly make your opponent reposition, and to not rely on Riflemen too much.
3 Sep 2015, 02:45 AM

Having been playing the USF more and more, I finally got a Recon Commander to drop and after a couple games, I need to ask.

How do you play this commander?

I like the idea of forward observers helping my Jackson's, but the Path finders don't seem to do much to help my war effort since I don't ever float 900 MP for the call in, you need to be having a damn good game or not contribute anything to the fight for along time to amass that amount.

I haven't even called in the M8 greyhound, I felt like it was just going to slow me on my path to fast Stuart.

constructive input is appreciated :D

I added a Poll, just because I was wondering

Use Lemon's guide as the general guide. In general, stay away from the Paratrooper drop. It eats up a lot of pop cap. I could post a couple of wins in 2v2's from the last couple days in the replay section if you want. Overall, I didn't play that well but still well enough to win. In one of the games, I kept getting hit by a JP4 and Elefant, which lit up my armor but had to retreat from AT guns and infantry with bazookas.

Get one or two IR pathfinders. Use them for bullpudding.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★