Login

russian armor

Ostheer Sniper ROF

PAGES (10)down
20 Aug 2015, 19:45 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2015, 18:36 PMPorygon

A single bullet means Brit lose 35 manpower and lose 10 seconds waiting in base. Two snipers means a brand new Tommies squad is useless and forced to retreat at contact time = 0 second.

funny this is the feeling, when I met double soviet sniper as OH :foreveralone:

Two soviet snipers means a brand new grenadier squad is useless and forced to retreat at contact time = 0 second

anyway :foreveralone:
20 Aug 2015, 20:13 PM

funny this is the feeling, when I met double soviet sniper as OH :foreveralone:

Two soviet snipers means a brand new grenadier squad is useless and forced to retreat at contact time = 0 second

anyway :foreveralone:

Nonlinear teching :foreveralone

222 :foreveralone

Countersnipe :foreveralone

Grens are cheaper and better at rushing/flanking sov sniper :foreveralone
20 Aug 2015, 20:19 PM

222s will usually do jack shit to good sniper play and attempting to countersnipe the usual double sov sniper build, while possible, is essentially playing vabanque, with the odds rigged agaisnt you...you need to get it right all the time, he only once.
The only semi reliable counter is a long t1 with mass LMG grens, followed by a HT. Try and capitalise on his limited staying power by pushing him off the map then get a pak and transition to t3 ASAP.
20 Aug 2015, 20:22 PM
Patrion 14

But lol at comparing the M5 to a countering problem. The M5 is a problem because it's over preforming for cost AND it has very little in the way of reliable counters because it can kill AT gun's insanely quickly and smash Flak HT's and 222's.

So what else would you call the Ostheer sniper with a single gren next to it?

What?

Too early to tell (haven't seen it in Relic stream), but it WAS a puma with less range and cost.

You can't snipe British garrison structures.

The fastest emplacement is the mortar emplacement, which comes into play at about 6 minutes. That means that you have been bled for 5 minutes. Not exactly a reliable counter that comes at a reasonable time.

No my point is that if you have 2 Soviet snipers you can literally force your enemy to retreat with 1 click due to the nature of 4 mans squads.

And what about 2 Ostheer snipers vs. 4 man squads? Even faster retreats? How are you able to in the same post say that Ostheer sniper is fine vs. 4-man squads and Soviet sniper with lower ROF is also fine? Either one is overperforming or the other is underperforming. Which is it?

Snipers largest draw back is reduction in map presence, as well as for Ostheer a big push back in teching time.

Not against Brits, who have less (expensive ) squads AND less starting MP (remember that 60mp increase Ostheer got?)

Like seriously, I have no idea how in one thread you can claim that the Soviet sniper does very good bleed against storms and grens (28mp per model and 30 mp per model), whilst simultaneously saying that the German sniper will be balanced when shooting faster against squads with more mp concentration per model.
20 Aug 2015, 21:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2015, 02:07 AMHorasu
Yeah, something needs to be done against WM sniper. It's already overperforming currently, and if it stays the same on 9/3 then UKF will never find its footing in this game.

UKF, the faction predicted to be so overpowered it doesn't stand a chance against a sniper.
20 Aug 2015, 21:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2015, 21:21 PMQbix

UKF, the faction predicted to be so overpowered it doesn't stand a chance against a sniper.

Predicted by morons who have never seen the faction and most of the ones who made this predictions and seen it, seen a comp stomp against standard AI.

Meanwhile, there are people voicing concerns who actually played the faction for hours already.

You basically have 2 groups, "oracles" who predict it being OP while never playing it and players who experienced them in actual multiplayer.

And you're putting your trust in the first group. :hansWUT:
20 Aug 2015, 22:04 PM

One thing you can compare OST to UKF is USF currently. OST can get Sniper and a Grenadier squad by the time USF second Rifle squad hits the field thanks to OST 80 MP increase. Right now the current counter to OST sniper are light vehicles but then you release that Wehrmacht can get a 222 by a time that USF LT M20 comes onto the field. A UC of Brits did jack diddly squat against OST sniper in Alpha. (For those who didn't know if you faust that UC, it had no Engineers to repair it till the next tier. That means you had to spend munitions to repair it till than and good luck if OST just lets you self repair.) Another factor to take into account is the 222 changes with no longer requiring munitions meaning that one more tellar mine to destroy that light vehicle hunting down that tough, survivable sniper. This just snowballs into more and more power for the OST as UKF is bleed dry and forced off the field. How can you make a counter with no MP or map control?

When you compare OST sniper to Soviet sniper no one can deny how much better OST sniper is. He remains effective against both Allied factions (ESPECIALLY USF) while Soviet Sniper remains SOMEWHAT effective against OKW. I rarely get affected by Soviet snipers as OKW but as USF playing against OST? You can bloody count on it that it hurts. Like Comm_Ash was saying how effective OST sniper was against 6 man Shocks and Guards due to high reinforcement. Basically that is always happening to USF, constantly bleeding high cost models. Do you realized the rage of Axis players if Soviet sniper got a rate of fire increased to match OST bleed against USF right now? You bet your arse there would be landslides of topics nerfing the Soviet sniper. Mind you USF have only somewhat less reinforcement cost to Brits. What is happening to USF WILL be worse and harder for UKF. Mind you USF already has struggles with OST sniper due to that snowball effect and bleed.

Note: I was in alpha and I almost won EVERY match against Brits when using OST sniper from the fact they couldn't do a bloody thing. Did you know what those Brits did who won? Broken Commandos was the only thing they could do to take out my OST Sniper.

When people are talking about simply counter sniping OST sniper with Allies and USF have no snipers :foreveralone:
20 Aug 2015, 22:17 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

^Bingo. Was gonna write something up but that's a good summarize.
20 Aug 2015, 22:20 PM

My advice dont use infantry sections until they get the upgrades. my standard build is basically 3 vickers 2 infantry sections and perhaps a wasp.
20 Aug 2015, 22:58 PM

Note: I was in alpha and I almost won EVERY match against Brits when using OST sniper from the fact they couldn't do a bloody thing. Did you know what those Brits did who won? Broken Commandos was the only thing they could do to take out my OST Sniper.

Makes one miss the sniping ability from Tommy Squads in vCoH: Opposing Fronts. Don't want the basic infantry to be as expensive again, tho.
21 Aug 2015, 00:37 AM

I actually think the sniper-balance is pretty good at the moment.
Soviet sniper has slower rof, but according to the smaller squad sizes the ostheer, he has a similiar impact against Herman infantry squad. In my opinion he also has a better survivability (yes also with the 82 HP of the OH-Sniper) and he is better at counter-sniping. To bad he is in T1^^ But hey I like penals..
21 Aug 2015, 01:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2015, 00:37 AMsigah
I actually think the sniper-balance is pretty good at the moment.
Soviet sniper has slower rof, but according to the smaller squad sizes the ostheer, he has a similiar impact against Herman infantry squad. In my opinion he also has a better survivability (yes also with the 82 HP of the OH-Sniper) and he is better at counter-sniping. To bad he is in T1^^ But hey I like penals..

Large sections of this discussion have already pointed out that the OH sniper is and will be shooting at 4 man squads in many cases. So the smaller squads is no longer an excuse.

Arguably the Ost sniper is now more survivable except in sniper duals because his health is in one model. Both soviet models can be killed by a single AoE explosion from a mortar while the Ost sniper cannot and also survives a direct rocket hit from a Katy.
21 Aug 2015, 03:11 AM

choice 3 the line after No. is so good can't resist it. i say give SU sniper 1hp more on each model so it become 41 each to equal 82 hp of German sniper.

German sniper fire rate is ok, should give sov sniper same aim as German sniper, so it doesn't miss that much.
21 Aug 2015, 06:37 AM

Don't worry guys, double ostheer sniper against UKF was most popular strategy in alpha.
21 Aug 2015, 11:29 AM

choice 3 the line after No. is so good can't resist it. i say give SU sniper 1hp more on each model so it become 41 each to equal 82 hp of German sniper.

German sniper fire rate is ok, should give sov sniper same aim as German sniper, so it doesn't miss that much.

Total HP is not important, getting insta-wiped by mortars is the problem. Even with 41 HP they might get wiped by a stray shot, but Ost sniper won't.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a question though, if the problem for Ost sniper is his insta-wipe potential, can't they just add some kind of explosion resistance factor to his stats? Is it technically possible? This way they can nerf his HP.
21 Aug 2015, 11:30 AM

Mg to counter a sniper? Link me a contact to your supplier.

muahaha, Alex crying for more than a week some time ago, because he couldn´t counter ligth vehicles with t0 AT guns AND shreks volks...that was not fair!!

Then, now, he says you have to adapt and counter the ost sniper with a machine gun...

That is the logic this guy use in their more than 4.000 post...

this guy is a joke, when talking about balance....just a fanboy....

Don´t spend time with him. It is a waste of time.
21 Aug 2015, 12:50 PM

I'm OK with snipers having different squad sizes,
I'm OK with snipers having SLIGHTLY different rate of fire.
21 Aug 2015, 12:59 PM

Dunno about Brits (and I dont yet care) but Ostheer sniper needs a considerably higher ROF than his Soviet counterpart to be viable.
21 Aug 2015, 13:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2015, 11:29 AMRMMLz

I have a question though, if the problem for Ost sniper is his insta-wipe potential, can't they just add some kind of explosion resistance factor to his stats? Is it technically possible? This way they can nerf his HP.

It is called "recieved accuracy".
21 Aug 2015, 13:03 PM

Dunno about Brits (and I dont yet care) but Ostheer sniper needs a considerably higher ROF than his Soviet counterpart to be viable.

Why?

Ost sniper have superior camo, superior surviability(sov snipers can't take mortar shell to the face and shrug it off), superior vet ability, can have doctrinal sprint and will be shooting at most expensive basic infantry in game soon.

No matter how you would want to argument it, there is not a single good argument why ost sniper should have higher rof then brit sniper, so lower it to brit sniper rof. Both will be shooting at 4 men squads after all.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS