Login

russian armor

Mark PaK 43 Emplacement as "abandon"

3 Nov 2015, 10:48 AM

Hi Ernesto,

I haven't been able to play your maps yet, due to my house being a mess with construction works. I will definitly give it a go when stuff settles down on this end.

Funny to see you don't have the patience for the design editing, yet you know all about this scar stuff. With me it's exactly the other way around. Perhaps we can help eachother on these fronts? I would gladly add the detail for you, if you allow me to do so. I love designing shit, and I reckon I'm pretty good at it. Perhaps I should send you some of my work, so you can have a look yourself. I have not published everything yet, just my Fubar Fjord mayhem level. Which was the 2nd map I ever made.

But, back to those markers, I know you have to use the ally spawn to get the guns in the level. You said that I needed another marker to point these guns to. Does it matter what kind of marker I use to aim the guns?

Thanks again!

Hey ho, Flying Dutchy,

construction works,..hmm,..i know what you mean, i spend my Weekend with paperhanging :o(

But good News!!! You are an expert in map design, very very nice! ;o))

Your offer to help eachother is a pretty good idea.

Feel free to send me some works you have designed. If you like to pimp some Maps of you with

scar scripts, tell me the plan and i will do the script ;o))

Back to the Markers.

Yes you need two Markers, one for the Position the Object is spawned and another where the

Object is facing. For me it makes no difference which type of Marker i take, it works with every

type, but it is easier for general Survey, to spawn Objects with type "Ally Marker" ;o)

The Kind of marker differs in his colours, yellow is Ally, and so on.

Thanks for this great news, Flying Dutchy and a lot of fun with your constructions ;o))

-ernst-

3 Nov 2015, 12:49 PM

Hey Ernesto,

Here are 3 of my maps. I was going to wrap up Fubar Fjord as well, but I cant make out which version was the right one. It is a published map, so it could probably be found through steam.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/71q6xcj20er2j7r/Paintball+1.6.rar

Paintball is a map I made at the request of my brother. It's very much a work in progress, still have to tune some of the routing and tacticals, as well as general desing & styling features. Also this is my 1st map which doesn't use snow, so I'm still trying to find all the right splines/tiling combo's etc.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/gdask0ag19e071b/Wolfenstein.rar

Now this one is absolutely insane. At some point during testing I found out I used the wrong castle walls... These wont let you fire over them. I was going to fix this with canal walls and sightblockers, but I ran into the object maximum which is what ultimately shut down the whole project. I'm not even going to mention how much time went into that map.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3f7qatoawbyq731/Schloss+Wolfenstein+Co-op.rar

But, the mission was to build a castle thing. Smaller map, less walls (they crowd the object list a lot) and different design alltogether. I like to make comp stomp maps, and I hate my defensive positions getting nuked all the time. Since I'm not great with coding, I designed the maps to have few munitions points, and added scar code to ban russian mortars. All my snow maps have a working blizzard and lamps, as well as a raised pop cap. Allthough I'm definitly going to try and incorporate Janne's script from his recent thread to tweak the manpower income a little.

You will probably have a laugh at my messy copy pasted SCAR codes. Somehow it does work though!

Now, to clean construction mess.

3 Nov 2015, 13:23 PM

Hey Ernesto,

Here are 3 of my maps. I was going to wrap up Fubar Fjord as well, but I cant make out which version was the right one. It is a published map, so it could probably be found through steam.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/71q6xcj20er2j7r/Paintball+1.6.rar

Paintball is a map I made at the request of my brother. It's very much a work in progress, still have to tune some of the routing and tacticals, as well as general desing & styling features. Also this is my 1st map which doesn't use snow, so I'm still trying to find all the right splines/tiling combo's etc.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/gdask0ag19e071b/Wolfenstein.rar

Now this one is absolutely insane. At some point during testing I found out I used the wrong castle walls... These wont let you fire over them. I was going to fix this with canal walls and sightblockers, but I ran into the object maximum which is what ultimately shut down the whole project. I'm not even going to mention how much time went into that map.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3f7qatoawbyq731/Schloss+Wolfenstein+Co-op.rar

But, the mission was to build a castle thing. Smaller map, less walls (they crowd the object list a lot) and different design alltogether. I like to make comp stomp maps, and I hate my defensive positions getting nuked all the time. Since I'm not great with coding, I designed the maps to have few munitions points, and added scar code to ban russian mortars. All my snow maps have a working blizzard and lamps, as well as a raised pop cap. Allthough I'm definitly going to try and incorporate Janne's script from his recent thread to tweak the manpower income a little.

You will probably have a laugh at my messy copy pasted SCAR codes. Somehow it does work though!

Now, to clean construction mess.

Hi Flying Dutchy,

thanks for your maps, will check them out in the next days.

On steam i found your Fubar Fjord map,...the Weekend is taken by map testing ;o))

After your construction works, you can have a look to my open map Projects,...is there a end of constructions in sight? ;o)

Wish you nerves of steel for the construction
-ernst-

PS: if you have coh 1 too, you can find my old maps here:
http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?125501-Finished-Map-List/page2
3 Nov 2015, 13:40 PM

Hey Ernesto,

I have company of heroes 1 as well, but I dont really play it any more. Construction ends Friday (hopefully)

I hope you enjoy the maps!

3 Nov 2015, 18:19 PM

Hey Ernesto,

I have company of heroes 1 as well, but I dont really play it any more. Construction ends Friday (hopefully)

I hope you enjoy the maps!

Hi Flying Dutchy,

thanks a lot for the maps, have had a look on it and they look fine, but wasn´t time to Play :o(

Weekend comes !

This is my latest Project :
http://www.mediafire.com/download/sqfvjq0qf09ebcp/2p_Defending.rar

The Story of the map is the retreat of the Wehrmacht from russia. While the main army walks westward, a Division hold ground and saves the retreat.

When map is ready the scripts will spawn waves of enemies for a defined time, or Player captures an victory Point. the scripts check on which Position the Player start and so you can Play as Defender, or attacker.

In the actual Version you can play the map as skirmish map.

Hold ground greetings
-ernst-

5 Nov 2015, 06:42 AM

Hi Flying Dutchy,

have tested your Maps. It seems you don´t like vehicles, but it makes fun to Play your Maps.

Waiting for your Feedback, to my maps.

Mapper Greetings
-ernst-
5 Nov 2015, 10:29 AM

Hi Ernesto,

Yes I have scar coded and designed most of my maps to be infantry only. Allthough I will make a normal version of each map, with different capture points so as to facilitate a "normal" game. I call my co opversion "Crazy Ivan" cos the ruski's dont get mortars. This makes them come at you in absolutely insane waves of infantry. Turns it into a classic tactical attrition game reminiscent of tower wars games. Makes you fight for every metre.

Having said that, I would love to have vehicles, but made more expensive. I know there are mods out there for this, but I havent tried them yet.

I will definitly give your maps a go once I have the time to do so. I really like the layout of the 4p harbour fight map, however it does appear to be quite dark. Havent played it yet, just looked at it in the WB, but it's a really creative idea. I dig it!

I will get back to you asap with feedback. but right from the offset I can tell you that I would love to go completely Bob Ross on these maps.

6 Nov 2015, 06:42 AM

Hi Flying Dutchy,

yes, the 4p_Harbour_fight Map is dark (Night Map), but so the Lamp effects are more visible.

The map has animated search Lights, the bridges have Lamp animations too, the booth Tank

factories have on there Roof four Lamps that signals wich Player has capturered the factory, on

the sidewall you see five Lamps who show you the delay until next vehicle spawns.

If you like to super finish the map, it would be great ;o))

May be you can have a look on 2p_Defending too?( Work title)

Weekend greetings
-ernst-
6 Nov 2015, 11:09 AM

Hey Ernesto,

Sounds like you are a true "wizzkid"! All those functions are really cool! I'm currently finishing up after construction works, got some stuff I need to do before all is done. A little filler here, little paint there, you know how it goes. And cleaning ofcourse. You will not believe the places dust can get to.

After that your maps are 1st on my to-do list, I can't wait!

Anyhow, I'm gona turn the Electro swing back up and start doing what I need doing.

I will get back to you asap

Dusty greetings

Daan

edit: P.S. You earned your muffin! Good job!

11 Nov 2015, 12:13 PM

Hey Ernesto,

Sounds like you are a true "wizzkid"! All those functions are really cool! I'm currently finishing up after construction works, got some stuff I need to do before all is done. A little filler here, little paint there, you know how it goes. And cleaning ofcourse. You will not believe the places dust can get to.

After that your maps are 1st on my to-do list, I can't wait!

Anyhow, I'm gona turn the Electro swing back up and start doing what I need doing.

I will get back to you asap

Dusty greetings

Daan

edit: P.S. You earned your muffin! Good job!

Hi Flying Dutchy,

is the construction dust gone? ;o))

A scar "wizzkid", hm, i don´t think so, but if i want to realize something on a map i try as

long as it works, who i wanted this to work. So if you want to realize a Story on a map, let me

know and we can together make this Story go.

Sunny wednesday greetings
-ernst-
28 Jan 2016, 15:37 PM

Hey Ernesto,

Best wishes for the new year! I'm sorry I havent been in touch, been occupied with different stuff lately, but will start the editing again soon!
29 Jan 2016, 06:35 AM

Hey Ernesto,

Best wishes for the new year! I'm sorry I havent been in touch, been occupied with different stuff lately, but will start the editing again soon!

Hey Daan,

wish you also a fabulous new year.

Keep on mapping
-ernst-
30 Jan 2016, 16:14 PM

Hi Daan,

here is a Map with some animated lights on an airfield, if you Play with one Player in easy mode the FoW is removed, so you can see the lamps better. If you find the dead horse on the map you will get a surprise ;o))

http://www.mediafire.com/download/b4cy7owbdn2jsy3/8p_Mixed_range.rar

The map is a cop with Paladin_SA. Enjoy the fight ;o))

Weekend greetings
-ernst-

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight