Login

russian armor

Native Language Option

5 Aug 2015, 10:10 AM

^^
As with everything, make it an option...
5 Aug 2015, 10:51 AM

Do this: Steam Guide

It works

Link doesn't work properly?
5 Aug 2015, 11:21 AM

I've requested this before on the official forums, so yes, I'm definitely in favor of this.
5 Aug 2015, 11:35 AM
Donator 11

Relic doesn't realise how worth it is. In USA or Canada it ofc makes no sense as they use only english and french. But in Europe there are many ppl knowing all 3 languages: english, russian and german at least to the point to understand what soldiers are talking about, these are also usually same ppl that are interested in WWII history and play or would play coh2. Lots of players play games for their climax and sadly there is nothing more climax destructive than voice line read in different language than the style of the sentence. Voices divided into nations were one of the motors of success of first Blitzkrieg game in the past, or Napoleon:Total War (don't remember how it was in other total war games), at least some AoE games and so on. It is truly much better way to increase playerbase than any other on their roadmap.

5 Aug 2015, 12:05 PM
Donator 11

What really bothers me is that its actually not that much of an effort to code. Since the translations are available.

Just open the .sga, rename the paths, include the option "multilangual/english(text)" into steam.

Work of a day.

Huge addition to the franchise in terms of atmosphere.
5 Aug 2015, 23:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Aug 2015, 10:51 AMFrost

Link doesn't work properly?

Well i will just paste what it says then:

6 Aug 2015, 01:20 AM

Well, with this link, everything will be on german. So also my US Rifleman talk german. I want that US/UKF talk english, Russians talk russian and germans just talk german. Whats the fucking deal?
6 Aug 2015, 01:27 AM

theres no easy way to do that, so making germans talk german is the only way with that method while having english text
6 Aug 2015, 05:26 AM

theres no easy way to do that, so making germans talk german is the only way with that method while having english text

thats a real bummer wish relic thought of implementing native languages while they were still making vanilla CoH2
6 Aug 2015, 07:41 AM

I am for the native language.
They should definetely introduce an option that allows units to talk in native language.
6 Aug 2015, 08:13 AM

We all want native langage option. People who know English, German and Russian will be happy.
6 Aug 2015, 12:36 PM

I don't know any Russian, but that did not stop me to enjoy the Eastern Front mod for vcoh.
And other various games with native languages for that matter.
7 Aug 2015, 01:49 AM

I have made the files needed to have the game with native speech but the thing is the game just detects their signature is not correct and says they are corrupt. I guess its all up to Relic
7 Aug 2015, 02:40 AM

i got my english playing monkey island 3 with 11 year old! maybe i get my german on coh2 at 29
7 Aug 2015, 03:02 AM

I have made the files needed to have the game with native speech but the thing is the game just detects their signature is not correct and says they are corrupt. I guess its all up to Relic

if you got the native language thing up and running show it to relic quickly! prove it to them that you found a way to make it work!
7 Aug 2015, 11:48 AM

if you got the native language thing up and running show it to relic quickly! prove it to them that you found a way to make it work!

I can not show because once I launch the game with the modified files it just crashes
7 Aug 2015, 15:02 PM

I can not show because once I launch the game with the modified files it just crashes

what i mean to say was contact them(relic), explain to them that you found a way to put the native language thing into the game and then send a copy of that sga file thingy to them (compressed) and hopefully they'll take care of the rest
11 Aug 2015, 02:00 AM

still hope relic plans to put native language in the game some day if not they better consider that seriously when they make CoH 3! if they dont they i'll be rly disappointed in them
13 Aug 2015, 22:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2015, 08:13 AMrejfor
We all want native langage option. People who know English, German and Russian will be happy.

tahts why we gotta keep yelling at relic to do it and they'll have to cave in well after september 3 that is
14 Aug 2015, 16:23 PM

If they don't implement this with the British, they never will. Mark my words. Why? Cause finding the voice actors, designing their characters, lines, and etc, getting them in the studios and paying them just doesn't pay off at this stage of the game... This will never happen.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★