Login

russian armor

Native Language Option

3 Aug 2015, 18:14 PM

since no one is apparently no one is doing this i decided to take the initiative to put it up myself now we all know that people in CoH2 want a native language option to be in the game (eg. germans speaking in german, russians speaking in russian, etc.) the sound files are "there" and i heard a modder found a way to do it before it got patched up. so relic while you're working on the brits you might want to consider putting that option into the game since A LOT of people are asking for it me included. honestly im sick of hearing germans and russians speaking in english they sound really corny. -_-
3 Aug 2015, 18:24 PM
Donator 11

3 Aug 2015, 22:38 PM

Yes, for it.

thats good now after relic is done making the brits we gotta remind them to implement it into the game by telling them it's not as hard as it looks because a modder found a way to do it
3 Aug 2015, 23:25 PM

As far as i know, it is not possible currently to have the native languages. It is because they have the army voices in single .sga file and you would need to mod this .sga file.

So if you got the German voice pack.. US/Russians speak German...etc

You only can change the text.
4 Aug 2015, 00:06 AM

As far as i know, it is not possible currently to have the native languages. It is because they have the army voices in single .sga file and you would need to mod this .sga file.

im sure relic can find a way to make it work because a modder found a way to do it before it got patched that is...
4 Aug 2015, 00:22 AM

Yeah, relic themselves have responded to this. Basically they said it's something they would like to do, but isn't really worth the effort it would take to put it in at this point.
4 Aug 2015, 00:43 AM

Yeah, relic themselves have responded to this. Basically they said it's something they would like to do, but isn't really worth the effort it would take to put it in at this point.

but can they do it? it would be most disappointing if we hear that they decided to just cut and run
in that department
4 Aug 2015, 00:43 AM

how hard this can really be!?
4 Aug 2015, 01:33 AM

but can they do it? it would be most disappointing if we hear that they decided to just cut and run
in that department
It's not really a matter of can as much as how long it will take. They could easily end up spending months programming it. Time that they would rather spend on making new factions, commanders, or fixing bugs.
4 Aug 2015, 02:13 AM

It's not really a matter of can as much as how long it will take. They could easily end up spending months programming it. Time that they would rather spend on making new factions, commanders, or fixing bugs.

but will they plan to do it in the near future? aside from making new factions, commanders and fixing all the bugs and glitches that remain prominent in the game
4 Aug 2015, 02:58 AM

how hard this can really be!?

It would be a bit time consuming for it's perfectly doable.
4 Aug 2015, 12:53 PM

you need to unpack the .sga archive and than change the german files e.g. with the german files from the german edition. Time conumsing for sure. But afaik in CoH1 it was easier, because they had an .sga for each faction. Dunno why they have changed it or made it the way it is currently.
4 Aug 2015, 13:37 PM

But creating skins in 30 minutes and selling them for 5$ is? I would say they don't want to do it, they can't earn any money on it and thus don't want to put so much effort in it. We must be realistic here.
4 Aug 2015, 14:18 PM

Indeed. Relic is doing serious bullshit from time to time with their decisions. CoH1 was far more modable, even without those shiny *jazzhands* modtools. We had new models, new skins (for each unit and not one skin to rule them all), the possibility to let each faction talk in their native language, reward units etc.

I don't know why Relic wrecked so much good stuff from CoH...
4 Aug 2015, 17:50 PM
Donator 11

Requested it on the alpha forums.. maybe they work on it right now? :3

Would definitely love to see it
+1
4 Aug 2015, 20:52 PM

no money to be earn making this, only if they lunch this option with a sp, then who bought can use the option for pvp and sp.
4 Aug 2015, 21:03 PM

4 Aug 2015, 22:27 PM

no money to be earn making this, only if they lunch this option with a sp, then who bought can use the option for pvp and sp.

as long as they dont pull the nickel and dime scheme like EA does that's fine by me
5 Aug 2015, 03:40 AM

5 Aug 2015, 10:05 AM

I can't see them doing it. The unit responses are cues for the player; putting them in a language the player doesn't speak denies the player necessary information.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★