Login

russian armor

Stuart and Quad rush are pretty retarded,but....

PAGES (8)down
Is overwhelming allies early game/overwhelming axis late game a good thing for the meta with the most important tourney in coh2
Option Distribution Votes
16%
40%
43%
Do you think the patch that will come with british release will change anything?
Option Distribution Votes
52%
35%
13%
Total votes: 307
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
2 Aug 2015, 08:05 AM
Senior Caster Badge

If allies don't win with these cheesy rushes to a unit and either containing the axis in their base or wiping a lot of their units with their shock factor or if the axis somehow hold off the rush either with a clever mine or simply because OKW schrecks and raketens come off way earlier than ost schrecks and PAKs then the allies(especially the americans) have little options to actually finish the game.The soviets can try artillery or IS2 or SU spam in a long game,but against command tank/panthers/ostwinds/jagdpanzers eventually you are gonna fail unless the german player makes a major blunder.I wanna hear what you think about the state of the 1v1 meta especially with OCF coming up so soon.I want to clarify that my ranks dwindle from top 200ish to 1k ish so I am not the "best" player.
2 Aug 2015, 16:43 PM

Well, the M5 needs a change since it's just incredible right now, the stuart is fine. The Soviets are pretty good in 1v1s right now and can stop the axis vehicles with the SU 76 which is pretty strong and cost-effective right now. Artillery is just insane against OKW, so well the soviets are well prepared for anything the axis are going to throw against them. The USF are in a clear disadvantage ATM, especially vs Ostheer, they need some sort of counter against the MG 42s which are wrecking the USF right now.
2 Aug 2015, 16:55 PM

Oh please you have mines shreks and paks to deal with light vehicals, yes the m5 is a pain but its not going to be a game changer if you know what you are doing
2 Aug 2015, 17:06 PM

Oh please you have mines shreks and paks to deal with light vehicals, yes the m5 is a pain but its not going to be a game changer if you know what you are doing

Are you kidding me? It can kill every light vehicle in the game short of a Luchs or Puma 1 on 1 and the Quadmount can give Puma's and Luch's main gun destroyed. It's got 360 45 range suppression while on the move.

Defending the Quadmount is pretty unforgivable.
2 Aug 2015, 17:29 PM
Senior Caster Badge

I have faced an ostheer this morning that used mines,schrecks and paks(yes all of them at once) and still got rolled by the M5 because I played safe with it and I hugged minesweeper engis to it.At the same time without it there would be no way to gain enough map control to stop an early P4 from just annihilating me when I still have only Su76 as stopgap AT.I wasn't whining about the M5 at all I just think it's a bit "too much" right now,even if justifiably so.
2 Aug 2015, 17:38 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Well, the M5 needs a change since it's just incredible right now, the stuart is fine. The Soviets are pretty good in 1v1s right now and can stop the axis vehicles with the SU 76 which is pretty strong and cost-effective right now. Artillery is just insane against OKW, so well the soviets are well prepared for anything the axis are going to throw against them. The USF are in a clear disadvantage ATM, especially vs Ostheer, they need some sort of counter against the MG 42s which are wrecking the USF right now.
SU76 is cost effective(only "Late" game vehicle the soviets get to have that luxury on) but is really underprotected against similarly cost effective german TDs(stug that has similar price,jagdpanzer that costs about double but can just farm vet off it until it is as good as 3 Su76s).Also the SU76 is really vulnerable to flanking as it should be.Unless the german player really messes up they still have a punishing late game advantage.I do agree artillery is very effective against OKW,but without it OKW defenses combined with easily acquired schreck infantry and resilient armor(the new P4 is amazing:thumb:)would eventually wear any soviet (equal skilled) play down.Considering that the OKW has an easier time defending against the quad and stuart rushes [thanks to the greatness of the puma(it is so good many ost players pick mobile defense just for it) and camo raketens/volks being more resilient to it than paks/pgrens],I think it is ok for now.Soviets are in a good spot if they can win before 10-15 mins,americans if they can win within 5,so yes I agree they have the priority in changes.
2 Aug 2015, 17:46 PM

M5 is OP atm, but Stuart is fine. As OH you will have enough MP for a PAK, and OKW can hold it at bay with Schrecks and Raketen.
2 Aug 2015, 17:49 PM

Stuart is fine, don't need any nerfs. I don't want another shitty USF unit.
2 Aug 2015, 17:55 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Stuart is fine, don't need any nerfs. I don't want another shitty USF unit.
I thought that was all relic wanted in life :sibHyena:
2 Aug 2015, 18:06 PM
Donator 11

I have faced an ostheer this morning that used mines,schrecks and paks(yes all of them at once) and still got rolled by the M5 because I played safe with it and I hugged minesweeper engis to it.At the same time without it there would be no way to gain enough map control to stop an early P4 from just annihilating me when I still have only Su76 as stopgap AT.I wasn't whining about the M5 at all I just think it's a bit "too much" right now,even if justifiably so.

Surely, a mine and/or a pak/faust is all you need to counter the M5 and if you don't get the M5 in the first 8 minutes of the game, its pointless getting it
2 Aug 2015, 18:08 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2015, 17:46 PMRMMLz
M5 is OP atm, but Stuart is fine. As OH you will have enough MP for a PAK, and OKW can hold it at bay with Schrecks and Raketen.

By the time the M5 comes out you can get a Puma as OKW
2 Aug 2015, 18:09 PM

Never had trouble with quad rush... L2P and anticipate your opponents move. If you are struggling, go doctrinal puma.. win... god damn.
2 Aug 2015, 18:12 PM

By the time the M5 comes out you can get a Puma as OKW

OKW isn't the faction that has issues with Quadrush. I mean it's annoying as fuck and really huge pain in the ass to deal with but it won't fuck you nearly as hard as it will Ostheer.

Never had trouble with quad rush... L2P and anticipate your opponents move. If you are struggling, go doctrinal puma.. win... god damn.

I like how the answer to todays meta is "just always go mobile defense every time" lol I guess my replay had a bit of an impact on peoples thinking.
2 Aug 2015, 18:16 PM
Donator 11

lol I guess my replay had a bit of an impact on peoples thinking.

When has anyone ever doubted you? show me the bastard?
2 Aug 2015, 19:45 PM

OKW isn't the faction that has issues with Quadrush. I mean it's annoying as fuck and really huge pain in the ass to deal with but it won't fuck you nearly as hard as it will Ostheer.

I like how the answer to todays meta is "just always go mobile defense every time" lol I guess my replay had a bit of an impact on peoples thinking.

If i am struggling to get to t2 fast enough as ost i always went puma. you are not special!
2 Aug 2015, 19:47 PM

If i am struggling to get to t2 fast enough as ost i always went puma. you are not special!

Uh sir I will have you know that I AM special. :romeoPro:
2 Aug 2015, 21:07 PM

Permanently Banned

Uh sir I will have you know that I AM special. :romeoPro:

Axis pay somthing for You protective activity ? :snfBarton:.
2 Aug 2015, 21:11 PM

I think the M5 Quad does a tad bit too much damage and the suppression on the move needs to be changed. I think its a bit ridiculous that the Quad can just instantly destroy the sWs truck while its setting up and you only have like 1 second to kill it before whatever you're building is destroyed.
2 Aug 2015, 21:24 PM

Just tone down penetration on the M5 so it wont tear apart 222s. it's only OP against light vehicles, versus infantry its the only thing soviets have that kills infantry quickly
2 Aug 2015, 21:31 PM

Just tone down penetration on the M5 so it wont tear apart 222s. it's only OP against light vehicles, versus infantry its the only thing soviets have that kills infantry quickly

It has really low pen, it's DPS is what the problem is.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 65
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak