exit

w::
{
send e
}
exit

;f - gren faust becomes q
;e - gren nade becomes w

You then can do anything you want with that with throwing in other keys such as !, ^, #. There is no reason why the OP can't make this work or anybody else for that matter.

But please, go ahead and tell me why it wont work.

31 Jul 2015, 14:43 PM
Donator 11

Let me just give you an easy example of what you can do -

ahk code:

q::
{
send f
}
exit

w::
{
send e
}
exit

;f - gren faust becomes q
;e - gren nade becomes w

You then can do anything you want with that with throwing in other keys such as !, ^, #. There is no reason why the OP can't make this work or anybody else for that matter.

But please, go ahead and tell me why it wont work.

In this case you have to press an additional button when selecting grens, to be able to use the new assigned keys.

Thats pretty much "creating a manual input micromanagement disaster". Dont you think? :)
31 Jul 2015, 14:59 PM

In this case you have to press an additional button when selecting grens, to be able to use the new assigned keys.

Thats pretty much "creating a manual input micromanagement disaster". Dont you think? :)

If you mean pressing w instead of e, yes that is a micromanagement disaster.

And, you can turn the keys off and on whenever you want easy enough with another key.

Those keys can be tough though.

Case closed?

31 Jul 2015, 15:28 PM
Donator 11

If you mean pressing w instead of e, yes that is a micromanagement disaster.

And, you can turn the keys off and on whenever you want easy enough with another key.

Those keys can be tough though.

Case closed?

If you read the initial post you see that the task is to be able to create custom keys for many different units each. Doing it in the way you suggested means you have to assign an "activation"-key for each unit to access its key-customization. While losing the default-function of the respective key.

Micromanagement disaster.

Of course if you dont care about making use of your whole keyboard and remembering which key stands for which unit and you you learn to press the respective key EVERY TIME you select respective unit... than, indeed, there is "no limitation to your imagination with autohotkey"...

AHK is no solution to the OPs problem I'm afraid.
31 Jul 2015, 16:06 PM

If you read the initial post you see that the task is to be able to create custom keys for many different units each. Doing it in the way you suggested means you have to assign an "activation"-key for each unit to access its key-customization. While losing the default-function of the respective key.

Micromanagement disaster.

Of course if you dont care about making use of your whole keyboard and remembering which key stands for which unit and you you learn to press the respective key EVERY TIME you select respective unit... than, indeed, there is "no limitation to your imagination with autohotkey"...

AHK is no solution to the OPs problem I'm afraid.

I get the impression you have a very limited understanding of autohotkey and scripting in general, so based upon that you are absolutely right. This will never work and it is too hard.

31 Jul 2015, 16:18 PM
Donator 11

I get the impression you have a very limited understanding of autohotkey and scripting in general, so based upon that you are absolutely right. This will never work and it is too hard.

haha I like!

I apologize for my impudence and bow in front of the "scriptmaster"!

Now, please, write a script for autohotkey which allows to switch "y" with "x" ONLY when a certain unit ingame is selected, without pressing more than one key. Following your explanation, this is child's play.

But maybe you are just something like a jelly donut... wait a minute...

1 Aug 2015, 12:57 PM

To jellydonut:

I also don't get how you can connect the script to only one unit. Like in your example I apply f to q to have Grenadiers Panzerfaust at q. But every other unit I use (at least every Ostheerunit) will get their f-ability sent to the q-key.

Isn't that right? :huh:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 100
South Africa 0

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak