Login

russian armor

Archive Editor exit code -1

23 Jul 2015, 11:56 AM

Hey all,
So I've been trying to make a new unit, but when I try to build it with ModBuilder, it throws me this message:

Building Soviet General...
<File Path Location address...>
Error building Soviet General: D:\...\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2 Tools\AttributeEditorXML.exe failed with exit code -1.
Built Soviet General.

*The red text are abbreviations for the long file addresses, I can give them if needed.

At the end of the process, the .mod file isn't created anywhere, but other mods I've made don't have this problem, especially blank mods(, though they through a yellow message saying no instances found :P)

Does anyone know what that exit code -1 means? I'm not sure if it has something to do with the address to my main attributes.xml file, which is a copy in a separate folder to my original Steam address. This was because that address was apparently too long and it kept giving me "The address exceeds 260 characters long..." The other possibility I can think of is simply an error within the meddlings in Archive Editor while I was making this tuning pack?

Thanks for any help that comes along.
23 Jul 2015, 13:15 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Your .mod file should have been created at the beginning, when you created it in Mod Builder.

Which tutorial did you use to make your mod?

If you could send me a copy of your mod folder, I can take a look and see what the issue is. Otherwise, try shortening the path to your mod folder, make sure Java and Flex SDK are set properly in the options, etc.
24 Jul 2015, 08:20 AM

Ok thanks for the information- I managed to find out the problem from that. It originated due to actually the name being too long, so I had to copy the COH2 Tools folder to the shortest route available, then the .mod and the actual tuning pack began to be created properly.
*Also I had to put the path file to the Tools in ModBuilder for it to load the correct attributes.xml (the one in the shorter address.)
Out of interest and for future precautions, do you know what exactly does the exit code -1 signify? (what can it cover)
24 Jul 2015, 13:16 PM

One more thing Eliwo0d; now that I've got the mod loaded, I saw this problem with the custom icon I was trying to make for my unit. I followed your youtube guide, but when I load it ingame, I get a blank black canvas.
This is the line I put for the portraits_name_summer and _winter in sbps.
ModIcons_070f14cff7c64ce996f055acb994c51b_Sergey
I referred the data\ui location to the folder that contains the .png.

If you need more information like screenshots and the .png, I can create a new thread.
Thanks.
24 Jul 2015, 15:19 PM
Honorary Member Badge

You should not have to change the Company of Heroes 2 Tools folder, just your mod folder.

Also, the .mod file is created in the wizard, so do you mean the .sga file?

Nobody knows what any of the exit codes are, except Relic. I hope they fix the tools to have less ambiguous error messages in the future.

So, you Added Burn Icons in Mod Builder (by right-clicking on data\ui), then selected the actual data\ui folder in your mod folder, then you have a file called sergey.png there? Also, try not to capitalize the filenames.
25 Jul 2015, 10:32 AM

Thanks for the reply, I managed to fix it according to the steps you told me.
However, I'm not sure if this is related to general problems or to the tuning pack, but sometimes, the icons of all infantry don't show properly: either as a blank or this purple box with BAD III or something like that.
Also have something else to ask about modding, but I'll put that into a new thread.
25 Jul 2015, 18:34 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Custom icons? Are you using ModIcons_<MoDID>_<Filename>?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★