Option Distribution Votes
14%
31%
42%
14%
Total votes: 96
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
22 Jul 2015, 06:16 AM

I feel like the LeFH is in an interesting position now, it's much better than it was before but it's a joke when compared to the ML-20 when it comes to digging the enemy out of campy-fortified positions.

The counter-barrage is interesting, but it's useless against artillery with legs or wheels. Would it be out of the question for the LeFH to lose counter barrage as it's Vet 1 Bonus and replace it with higher damage done?

Alternatively it could get a simple cost reduction and pop cap reduction to reflect it's place as more light support artillery than a heavy howitzer.
22 Jul 2015, 07:05 AM

Why?

It have much shorter cooldown therefore shoots much more frequently.
22 Jul 2015, 07:07 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2015, 07:05 AMKatitof
Why?

I dont actually think it does.
22 Jul 2015, 07:09 AM

Why?

The cool downs for the LeFH and the ML-20 are exactly the same.

Not to mention having a shorter cooldown wouldn't justify the LeFH's lack of damage or high cost. Most people will just move out of the way after the first few shells so if those shells really don't do all that much damage then well....

The ML-20 hit's very, very hard making it so even if you react quickly you can still end up with squad wipes happening.
22 Jul 2015, 07:16 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Why?

The reload is not that much different. Le FH reload at 2.25-2.75 seconds versus the ML-20s 2.8-3.2 seconds. Both have the same wind down of 2 seconds after each shot. All other things that affect the time to fire such as cooldown (doesn't exist for either) and aim-times are standardized among the two.

Pretty sure both ability recharges were also standardized.

Edit: Both ML-20 and the LeFH require 90 seconds before they can launch another barrage.
22 Jul 2015, 07:17 AM

LeFH is amazing vs USF blobs and Major.

Versus Soviets, counter barrage takes out 120, ML or even Katy.
22 Jul 2015, 07:21 AM

If you lose literally anything to a counter barrage from an LefH then you must have been AFK. When an LeFH counter barrages it must turn, set up, aim, and then fire. By the time all that happens you can easily just move away.

Especially when the shells mostly just miss anyway. Counter barrage is good against static Artillery, but the high damage on the ML-20 makes using it for counter battery fire far easier. Counter barrage also has a long cooldown as well.

And maybe when shooting at an ambulance/major point, but the shells have such low lethality that simply moving away is not that hard.

EDIT: You also can't chose what it counterbarrage's either, so a 82mm mortar might attract it's attention putting the barrage on cool down so you can't preform counterbattery fire against the enemies katyusha's
22 Jul 2015, 07:44 AM

The arty changes are ok, and more shells per barrage can act as a nice area denial weapon now. But I think a good change to see would be to add a large AoE suppression effect added to the radius of exploding artillery shells. It's a bit dumb that infantry can just walk through a barrage like nothing is happening and simply dodge/luck their way out of not being hit. "IRL", you would hit the ground or run for cover when 10.5cm HE shells start throwing hyper-velocity shrapnel everywhere. Maybe if exploding shells were given a suppression AoE of 10-12? That either suppress or pin with RNG factor?
22 Jul 2015, 08:01 AM

Never had any succes with both of them except single time with LeFH on Retard Summer using counterbarrage - managed to take out few Katys and a single Priest before enemy adapted.

600 MP is a huge investment which almost never pays off unless you've managed to hit mass retreated infantry at their HQ (or Forward Retreat Point).

ML-20 have obvious bonus in comparsion to LeFH - it faces OKW trucks which are perfect targets for such units.

On most 4v4 maps they should be built outside base sector to have effect because of limited range.
22 Jul 2015, 08:06 AM

Would it be out of the question for the LeFH to lose counter barrage as it's Vet 1 Bonus and replace it with higher damage done?

Hell no!! Counter Barrage ability is the main purpose for me to built this weapon. I have used it too many times and it is an awesome ability.. I hate people who dont use the weapon itselft and its ability, but still keep sh.ting about the ability..
22 Jul 2015, 08:13 AM

Why?

It has shorter cooldown at vet 2. but only half the damage per barrage.
22 Jul 2015, 08:16 AM

Not really. Use this ability then you'll find that the counter barrage is not accurate at all, sometimes it hits nothing with entire 6 shells and the enemy even don't move their units. This really makes me annoying.
22 Jul 2015, 08:40 AM

I used it today and I think its fine, sorry Alex
22 Jul 2015, 08:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2015, 08:40 AMpugzii
I used it today and I think its fine, sorry Alex

Read the thread title bro

22 Jul 2015, 08:55 AM
Patrion 14

LEFH is fine, but I think the Soviet ML20 may be overperforming with 300dmg per round and the same amount of rounds at vet 1.

Maybe get a new vet 1 for the ML20, like an artillery smoke creeping barrage.

OFC, insta wipes for both units still exist so I doubt they will ever really be seen beyond ones and the occasional 2s.
22 Jul 2015, 08:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2015, 08:47 AMBlalord

Not really important.

There are multiple units of same cost/role where one side have them better then another.

USF MHT vs ost MHT?
Grens scaling vs cons?
ZiS-3 vs PaK40.
ML-20 vs LeFH vs B4.
81mm vs 82mm.
Katy vs pwerfer.
Tiger vs IS-2.
Sniper vs scout sniper.

One is always better, none of them is equal to its counterpart.
Sometimes axis one is better and when allied one is better its not imbalance in any way.

The only valid question is-does the unit perform ok in the given role.
For the most part the answer is yes.
22 Jul 2015, 09:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2015, 08:47 AMBlalord

Yes, I used it today and I think it's fine.

Maybe you are struggling let me help: Je l'ai utilisé aujourd'hui et je pense que son amende
22 Jul 2015, 09:12 AM

LeFH definetly does need a buff, although its slightly better than before.

I also had fun destroying poor Panthers with the ML20. Good times. Also really good for base shelling.
22 Jul 2015, 09:27 AM

Just make LeFH more accurate, only that.
22 Jul 2015, 09:38 AM

LEFH 18 ARTILLERY
This light 10.5cm Field Howitzer doesn’t have the destructive power of some Soviet artillery, but it counters with a good rate of fire and reasonably long range.

You know what what to do.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 14
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak