Login

russian armor

Soviet T3 need cost increase or Ost T3 cost reduction!

PAGES (14)down
22 Jul 2015, 13:34 PM

early t70s are cancer

Cancer nades are cancer.
22 Jul 2015, 13:40 PM

I haven't seen too many people building T-70 and the unit being "op". I think half of the people posting are BSing. The M5 and T-70 can be easily managed, especially in 2 v 2+.
22 Jul 2015, 14:29 PM

T-70 is not that frequently builded but that goddamn M5 man o man, shut everything down.
22 Jul 2015, 14:42 PM

Im too lazy to read the whole thread but...

How to solve too early M5 and T70? Just make them avaitable only after T3 "upgrade". Like you must upgrade your Tier 3 to access T70 and M5. Cost would be something around 200 mp 20 fuel.
22 Jul 2015, 15:39 PM

Ah, the mythical creature, the "German" player, and his sinister machinations!
Couple of points: Fanboys and monofaction (or predominantly one faction) players exist, especially on these forums, but most "German" players are US players are Soviet players, and their interest is a balanced game. I have used Quads all morning, they come at 3 cps and are vastly too strong for cost/time of arrival. Back it up with an Su-76, and even a PIV need not worry you. Other people have predicted that beforehand in this very thread, so its not original on my part if I postulate that the meta in this patch will be centered around this unit combination.

By the way, over the last few patches with the Guard Motor meta, Soviets have been the strongest faction in 1s, as evidenced by statistics and tournaments. Their contender for that spot has been OH, no wait, OKW, no wait, actually US.;)
This will eventually change, as it always does as long as this game remains patched and supported, there have been long stretches of Ostheer being broken OP, but recently this has never been the case.

'Fanboy' 'monofaction' ouch that hurts!! I class myself as an allied player actually and I am very much looking forward to playing as the British. The reason I am not a "mythical creature" myself is the simple fact I don't like the natzis, fical I know but that's the way I see it. I'm sorry if I offended you very popular "mythical creatures" one might even say mythical is the wrong word, seeming as 98% of game searches the % is always in the axis favour. But that's a different thread is assume. I'm very interested in seeing a balanced game to. I agree with you on the quads they are powerfull, but don't you think they should be? There are plenty Units to counter the m5, just because I have a quad out don't expect to have a counter within milliseconds. There will be many more patches after the British arrive and I'll most likely be on here whining too.
22 Jul 2015, 22:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

T-70 is not that frequently builded but that goddamn M5 man o man, shut everything down.

Cause it is a higher risk, high reward unit which requires more micro. Fuelwise, it's way less risky to go for the M5. Also, it deals with (shrecks) blobs while the T70 requires constant kitting.

If M5 upgrade wasn't an "issue", people would complain about T70 or even clowncar M5.
22 Jul 2015, 22:27 PM

Cause it is a higher risk, high reward unit which requires more micro. Fuelwise, it's way less risky to go for the M5. Also, it deals with (shrecks) blobs while the T70 requires constant kitting.

If M5 upgrade wasn't an "issue", people would complain about T70 or even clowncar M5.

You're totally right. It's just that soviet T3 is 1000% more viable then Ost T3.
22 Jul 2015, 23:00 PM

I haven't played any 1v1s in the new patch, but I have been finding success in just flat skipping Ostheer t1 and going for t2. Mortars and snipers really have little business being rushed, and the effectiveness of grens is pretty lack luster until lmg42s, which are only available after t2 to begin with.

Pgrens and PAKs are the best counters for Soviet T3 rushes right now, and the small amount of fuel saved in skipping t1 can help close the window that the M5 dominates. Not to mention, pio spam gets more units on the field quicker, and can get that fuel income starting that much sooner.

Piospam into T2 is back from the CoH1 grave, just in time for brits. D:
22 Jul 2015, 23:21 PM

Ostwind Flakpanzer and Puma both effectively mitigate Soviet T3.

He can stay at T3, I won't mind.

Personally I like how OH starts off defensive before blitzing past their own defenses as they sally forth. Feels to me like how WW2 would've gone if Hitler won
23 Jul 2015, 05:34 AM

XD is it fair of you have to skip T1 as germans? Kappa. I love to play with snipers so. Also you need mortars.
23 Jul 2015, 12:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 09:26 AMpugzii
Lol. I don't really play soviets but I swear some of you are just so stupid.

Ost t3 != Soviet t3. Soviet t3 is now light vehicles, where-as Ost t3 is unchanged with a great medium tank and now very powerful stug (underpriced).

You cannot have Ost t3 priced similarly to soviet t3. Just L2P and be prepared for it and get a pak a minute faster than normal... or adapt and get 2x ac's if your that worried. I have had no issues dealing with it in the mod patch, it just needs preparation similarly to how you need to prepare for potencial Flak HT/Puma/Luchs rush as allies.

Matching the soviet light armor against the ost mechanized is just going to end poorly for the german.

The su76 and the stuart were recently buffed to make them decent even in the face of pziv or panther. Ironically the recent teching buff for the allies might necessitate nerfing the stuart and su-76 back to the previous level.

I don't like the recent teching changes to the ost, usf, sov at all. It tried to extend the light tank phase of the tank when the ost have no light armor at all. Not to mention the Allies and OKW light armor were slowly moving toward a state where they would remain useful even into late game.

It feels like the tech changes were designed and implemented without taking into account the recent buff to USF and Sov light tanks.
23 Jul 2015, 12:12 PM

Matching the soviet light armor against the ost mechanized is just going to end poorly for the german.

The su76 and the stuart were recently buffed to make them decent even in the face of pziv or panther. Ironically the recent teching buff for the allies might necessitate nerfing the stuart and su-76 back to the previous level.

I don't like the recent teching changes to the ost, usf, sov at all. It tried to extend the light tank phase of the tank when the ost have no light armor at all. Not to mention the Allies and OKW light armor were slowly moving toward a state where they would remain useful even into late game.

It feels like the tech changes were designed and implemented without taking into account the recent buff to USF and Sov light tanks.

Wait hold your horses! Stuart is not capable of destroying a PIV or Panther.
23 Jul 2015, 12:18 PM

The su76 and the stuart were recently buffed to make them decent even in the face of pziv or panther.

Dayuuumn, these are some hard drugs you're taking there. :snfBarton:
23 Jul 2015, 12:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2015, 12:12 PMJorad

Wait hold your horses! Stuart is not capable of destroying a PIV or Panther.
the stuart is decent enough against infantry and the stun round allow the stuart to escape from a pziv or panther. It's a bit mirco intensive but you can also use the stuart to stun a panther while a sherman or jackson get pot shot at it.

I'm not sure what the "blind" effect do precisely, but blinded tanks seems to be unable to fire.

edit: the vision block damaged critical on the stuart stun round does indeed disable the tank's main gun for 5 seconds, in addition to lost of sight. Everything from the king tiger to the stug is affected.
23 Jul 2015, 12:25 PM

the stun round allow the stuart to escape from a pziv or panther.
I'm not sure what the "blind" effect do precisely, but blinded tanks seems to be unable to fire.

No, it doesn't. For stun to take effect it needs to penetrate. It won't pen front of P4 and definitely not panthers. Blind last really short and won't even slow down the chase, you can still shoot with attack ground, unless you have wall of AT behind the corner, you're going to lose that Stuart.
23 Jul 2015, 12:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2015, 12:25 PMKatitof

No, it doesn't. For stun to take effect it needs to penetrate. It won't pen front of P4 and definitely not panthers. Blind last really short and won't even slow down the chase, you can still shoot with attack ground, unless you have wall of AT behind the corner, you're going to lose that Stuart.

I just checked, the lighter "vision block damage" does actually disable the main gun(hardpoint_01) on any vehicle (for 5 seconds). Using attack ground wouldn't help here.

This include the King Tiger and Pziv.
23 Jul 2015, 12:32 PM

My mistake then. (see alex? if you're proven wrong you don't drag it until one you argue with pukes with your bs, but admit it and move on)
23 Jul 2015, 12:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2015, 12:32 PMKatitof
My mistake then. (see alex? if you're proven wrong you don't drag it until one you argue with pukes with your bs, but admit it and move on)

can you not sleep at night without thinking about me? it's kinda hot tbh
23 Jul 2015, 12:53 PM

No, I need to be awake and watch the closet.

I'm afraid that you'll come out of it one night and start arguing with me, convincing me how obviously false data is one and only correct, pretty much like Jehovah whiteness, except I won't be able to pretend I'm not at home. :foreveralone:
23 Jul 2015, 12:57 PM

Alex X Kati OTP
If I was more artistic I'd draw some hot yaoi with you guys. It would be a picture of Alex holding Kati close while he asserted that the KT should have 600 frontal armor because it was invincible, while Kati looks up and flirtatiously responds that shitty late-war Krupp Steel couldn't even bounce a T-70.

Oh, and I think reducing the SU-76 to 55 or 50 range like the STuG would really go a ways towards reducing the viability of total reliance on T3. Right now it can still use its range to mitigate its weak armor and low health, but if you make it so it has to get within enemy firing range to shoot, then it suddenly becomes a significantly worse idea to solo PzIVs or Panthers with it.
PAGES (14)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS