Login

russian armor

Im not saying Germans are OP, but....

12 Jul 2015, 22:36 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

Axis is my favorite faction, but I play mostly Allies (team games, my partners are allied fanbois).

My experience tells me Axis is better in 3v3/4v4, and data from coh2chart.com reflects a strong win percentage.

It is a cycle: Axis are slightly better at 3v3/4v4 -> Axis win more, People play Axis -> Disproportionate matchmaking occurs due to so many players playing Axis -> Axis are slightly better at 3v3/4v4

I love playing random 3v3 as Axis, as most of my AT partners prefer Allies. My random OKW 3v3 record is 122-12 with a 91% win rate, which is better than many of my arranged teams, and would be worthy of a Top 10 spot on the AT ladder.

Axis are really good in 3v3/4v4, for a lot of reasons. Equally skilled arranged teams will probably push the match up to its limit, and balance problems would be less prevalent.

Matchmaking disparity seems high (Experienced Axis vs Inexperienced Allies).

12 Jul 2015, 22:42 PM

So axis is easy to play? Hehe.
Well, the Panther costs 175 fuel, while a T-34/85 costs 130 fuel per tank.

Considering the MG42 and Maxim it´s no secret the MG42 has more utility.
12 Jul 2015, 22:53 PM

Good guys, bad guys, preference for a faction in a videogame equals an attraction towards fascism holy non sequitur batman. No offence man, but thats Kindergarden grade reasoning. I mean, one might just conclude that with your what, 500 axis games played you are a genocidal, antisemitic asshole that reenacts Auschwitz in his basement, while your even more numerous games with Soviets indicate your hearty appreciation of Katyn and the Holodomor. Or maybe that kind of thinking is just daft.

Also, Nazism does not equal Fascism either, the former is sui generis, there actually are substantial differences, the most obvious being the import of "scientific" racism and antisemitism in particular in Nazi ideology.

Relax dude, it's just a tongue-in-cheek comment.
12 Jul 2015, 22:57 PM

Come Brits, i am very sure many people will be playing Allies...

12 Jul 2015, 23:01 PM

Well, the Panther costs 175 fuel, while a T-34/85 costs 130 fuel per tank.

Considering the MG42 and Maxim it´s no secret the MG42 has more utility.

Don't forget the panther requires all three techs, plus a building. The panther tanks fuel requirements is far greater then t34/85s. Maximum has excellent setup time, and great mobility. Just saying
13 Jul 2015, 02:15 AM

Ostheer is the only faction that plays like the designers weren't drunk when they made it.

This.
13 Jul 2015, 03:51 AM

Theoretically.

White fucking armor which looks like made of plastic is not cool. Most propably economically collapsed and ruined by uprisings empire (I'm basing only on movies) is not cool. And why would you kill someone with suffocation or some lasers when you can just tell him 'ur a fukken looser and a fagget, go kill urself' and he'll do it. Light side rules :snfBarton:

obviously this guy doesn't know the power of the dark side (Ds can do that mind thing too btw). Also even in the movies the Storm troopers >rebels. Only when the hero showed up on screen did they do any real damage.

back on topic.. here's my answer to all these percentage threads.

People play what they want to play. Axis is more popular, for various reasons. For me being a military person and a history buff I like the axis war machine. There stuff is cooler. I palyed them in coh 1 and in COH 2 when they were UP, OP, and balanced. I even stuck to axis during the kangaroo days..which I hope never visit coh 2.
13 Jul 2015, 04:05 AM

There seems to be a bit of a favoritism.

Assymetric balance. The numbers still add up to 100%.
13 Jul 2015, 06:02 AM
Patrion 28

13 Jul 2015, 06:09 AM

Ostheer is the only faction that plays like the designers weren't drunk when they made it.

Hilariously it's only because relic practically copy+pasted vCoH Wher into CoH2.
13 Jul 2015, 07:54 AM

Don't forget the panther requires all three techs, plus a building. The panther tanks fuel requirements is far greater then t34/85s. Maximum has excellent setup time, and great mobility. Just saying
Maxim is a useless peace of shit, that can be easily flanked and wiped on a retreat. It can suppress only one squad, arc of fire is very bad. Also, one rifle nade wiping full or a part of squad without flanking. Even mg34 is better after this patch. Maxim need a rework.
13 Jul 2015, 08:12 AM

People doesn't like playing Axis, they like easy win. So they play Axis. In 3vs3 and 4vs4.

End of the story.

13 Jul 2015, 08:33 AM

I always compare this argument to Starwars The Old republic (mmo)

The classes/abilities are mirrored, totally the same, just different faction and animations...

Shock horror 70% of the population play Sith > Jedi.

People like the bad guys with the cool stuff. Just how people work.

If it was done off balance... well allies win the majority of high end tournament games... just saying.
13 Jul 2015, 09:24 AM

obviously this guy doesn't know the power of the dark side (Ds can do that mind thing too btw). Also even in the movies the Storm troopers >rebels. Only when the hero showed up on screen did they do any real damage.

Tell me, 'you guy' :snfPeter: when did anyone in the movies used the Obi-Wan trick besides him. Tell me why the stormtroopers win only when they are just spamming through the battlefield using numerical advantage. Also, in the movies every good hero (maybe w/o Luke) also counts as rebel :snfPeter:
13 Jul 2015, 09:44 AM
Patrion 14

dat 3v3 and 4v4, and complaining about Germans are chosen more. I guess people like it more to win :thumbsup:
13 Jul 2015, 10:39 AM
Senior Caster Badge

It's probably because Axis are incredibly forgiving and easier to play in team games. You have to really outplay your opponents in order to win a large team game as Allies.
13 Jul 2015, 11:20 AM

It's probably because Axis are incredibly forgiving and easier to play in team games. You have to really outplay your opponents in order to win a large team game as Allies.

-Smaller squads
-more likely to be wiped
-fuel & popcap concentrated on less units, means losing them is a bigger setback than losing one as allies.

Hence, what you say is not true.

Balance in even match ups (by rank) in 3vs3+ depends mostly on the map.
If you have less flanking options : Axis favored
Big, wide open maps: Allies favored
13 Jul 2015, 12:10 PM
Donator 11

That ratio is a proof that allies are weaker and need a general buff
13 Jul 2015, 12:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2015, 08:12 AMEsxile
People doesn't like playing Axis, they like easy win. So they play Axis. In 3vs3 and 4vs4.

End of the story.

this post makes so much sense :snfPeter:
13 Jul 2015, 12:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2015, 08:33 AMCorsin
I always compare this argument to Starwars The Old republic (mmo)

The classes/abilities are mirrored, totally the same, just different faction and animations...

Shock horror 70% of the population play Sith > Jedi.

People like the bad guys with the cool stuff. Just how people work.

If it was done off balance... well allies win the majority of high end tournament games... just saying.

That argument has at least two logical flaws:

- The first simple one is that the Sith aren't nearly as bad as the Nazis were. Aside from Annikin's killing of the kids we don't actually know of anything particularly bad that they do. (As opposed to industrial death camps, mass slave labor, and the subjugation of entire countries and all that which the Nazis did.)

- the second is that you don't know that playing-the-side-that-easily-wins isn't the issue becaue we KNOW that the balance in 4v4 randoms is totally f--ked.

MOST IMPORTANTLY: This is not good for the game. It means that people who come to COH2 to play Allies are discouraged from staying while those who come to play Axis or don't care are encouraged to play only axis. How is that good?

Last week there are almost 3 x player-games (games x players) playing 3v3 and 4v4 (33100) than playing 1v1 and 2v2 (12866) and that is despite the pain allied players experience and the waits axis players must endure. The least played format, 3v3, had 60% of the 1v1 and 2v2 total compbined.

Considering how much of the matchmaking problems come from the low player base, how does driving away ANY players help the game?

Fix 4v4 some and more will stay. Do it well and you will also make for a better 3v3 and probably 2v2 experience. I would bet 1v1s could stay the same, maybe even improve because if you fix the things that allow an OKW to abuse in 4v4 you can probably give it more tools to use in 1v1.

No doubt there will will be Axis fanbois tears.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 2
Russian Federation 65
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak