Login

russian armor

Kick Mark Target from COH 2

13 Jul 2015, 16:30 PM

While I do agree there should be still some changes to Blitz & Smoke, letting Mark Target be the same is a poor reason for it.
X is debatably too powerful so Y should be to gets us nowhere and I'd be willing to give up things as both Axis & Allies to create a more even and fun game experience. The main issue I have with Mark Target is that makes any tank less than a heavy (Panther being the exception) get destroyed as one less shot is huge. Having no tools to counter Mark Target goes directly against the counter system Company of Heroes has. Blitz can be with engine damage & Smoke with Attack Ground. The only you thing can do with Mark Target is to retreat, a poor option and rather absurd.

Spending 80 munitions on a tank to get a near certain penetration I would gladly pay for as it will let medium tanks and below survive and give a buff to all Soviet stock tanks. Directly buffing light vehicles, Tank Destroyers, & medium tanks while helping against late Axis heavy armour. Reducing RNG in favor of a more consistent gameplay and less frustration on whoever the poor sod who had Mark Target on them. However, I do agree Command Panther Mark Target should be toned down as well in hand with Soviet Mark Target. Maybe be even completely different rather than copy paste but thats another discussion.
13 Jul 2015, 16:50 PM

Permanently Banned
Well I don't consider panther OP so thats that.
13 Jul 2015, 16:56 PM
Patrion 14

Well I don't consider panther OP so thats that.

I'm confused, who called the Panther OP?

All I and anyone else ever said was that stock Soviet units scale like crap, and would be aided vs. the much more powerful stock German armor if mark target became an increased pen ability, while reducing the amount of RNG in the game.
13 Jul 2015, 17:28 PM

Yea lets make Guards Mortar even more useless, sure!
13 Jul 2015, 17:30 PM

Yea lets make Guards Mortar even more useless, sure!

Guards Motor is still by far the most meta and powerful Soviet Doctrine by a mile.
13 Jul 2015, 20:59 PM

Guards Motor is still by far the most meta and powerful Soviet Doctrine by a mile.

Now in light of the new coming patch it looks as if your not going to see nearly as many 85's so I think we need to wait before we nerf the entire commander into oblivion. 120mm has already been nerfed so much and is borderline crap again.
14 Jul 2015, 15:06 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2015, 20:59 PMRocket

Now in light of the new coming patch it looks as if your not going to see nearly as many 85's so I think we need to wait before we nerf the entire commander into oblivion. 120mm has already been nerfed so much and is borderline crap again.

You might see more 85´s or you might make a daring rush to enemy base and kill his T3 before he can build his T4 to get them, same works for Allies since OST buildings cost a ton of resources after this patch, making base rushes viable, or you can just build a howitzer and shell them to death before being bombed to death by CAS
14 Jul 2015, 15:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2015, 15:06 PMATCF

You might see more 85´s or you might make a daring rush to enemy base and kill his T3 before he can build his T4 to get them, same works for Allies since OST buildings cost a ton of resources after this patch, making base rushes viable, or you can just build a howitzer and shell them to death before being bombed to death by CAS

Given the spammability of T34/76(1 34/85 is 145 fuel, 2 76s are 160) I believe guard motor will be much less popular and other doctrines will get second wind.

Just imagine how the production will speed up with dank hunter scavenging or KV-8/1/M4C + T3 support.

There are certainly some new doors opened here.

It will also take some time before CAS falls out from the spot light.
23 Jul 2015, 08:06 AM

Permanently Banned
Mark target is quite powerful and should not be underestimated. Its basically a force retreat on a tank, if you dont reverse very far away than it is very easy to get your marked tank stomped.
23 Jul 2015, 08:17 AM
Patrion 14

even more useless

:lolol:

This commander is still one of the best I think. Its still a viable commander, along with others now. Its not because more commanders are good now, Guard Motor is useless...
23 Jul 2015, 08:32 AM

I don't think it's anything wrong with mark target, it has counterplay + in some cases is the only chance an allied player has against some german havies that need to be killed fast before they eat all your army at supper speed (Tiger Ace being one of them). So the idea is, as long as the existence of Tiger Ace (with smoke and blitz lel), KT and Jagdtiger is ok, so it's mark target's existence.
Let's not proceed like Relic does and totaly burry a faction, even if they are soviets :P.
That's about it.
23 Jul 2015, 08:52 AM

Kick Tiger Ace and the ability to buy veterancy and then we talk...
23 Jul 2015, 09:02 AM
Donator 22

Kick Tiger Ace and the ability to buy veterancy and then we talk...

oh yeah nice comparison :facepalm:

ontopic:
kick the mark target from the command panther as well. Both abilitys are dump
23 Jul 2015, 09:06 AM

oh yeah nice comparison :facepalm:

ontopic:
kick the mark target from the command panther as well. Both abilitys are dump

Buying vet is idiotic in my opinion...Tiger Ace idiotic...Mark Target is idiotic...:clap:
23 Jul 2015, 10:40 AM

Absolutely! This ability is pure cancer at its finest. No counterplay, low cost, and no risk.

Both versions should burn in COH hell.

/salt tears

"No counter" said someone who never use Ostwind Flakpanzers, AA OKW halftrack, AA tier 4 OKW or the base defense of OKW itself
23 Jul 2015, 11:00 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2015, 10:40 AMMXZ239

"No counter" said someone who never use Ostwind Flakpanzers, AA OKW halftrack, AA tier 4 OKW or the base defense of OKW itself

You do know that the mark target plane being shot down has no effect on the actual mark target ability, don't you?

Also, the OKW version doesn't even have a plane, so there's that.
23 Jul 2015, 13:26 PM

You do know that the mark target plane being shot down has no effect on the actual mark target ability, don't you?

Also, the OKW version doesn't even have a plane, so there's that.

Replace mark target with a buff to penetration, for both mark targets (which would make the Command Panther one useful only against IS2's or other heavies).
23 Jul 2015, 13:35 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2015, 13:26 PMGrumpy

Replace mark target with a buff to penetration, for both mark targets (which would make the Command Panther one useful only against IS2's or other heavies).

...Until Brits come out :thumb:

But yeah, this is the best idea I've heard. It will boost weak pen units, and not make powerful units even more powerful.
23 Jul 2015, 22:36 PM

Didn't it use to increase penetration? but this was removed since mark target + blobs of guards could then frontally pen everything and what you did was blob guards ad naseum to win?
23 Jul 2015, 23:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2015, 15:10 PMKatitof
Just imagine how the production will speed up with dank hunter scavenging or KV-8/1/M4C + T3 support.
Actually a very big problem on rails and metal. The amount of resources you can get out of those wrecks with the salvage kit is insane. We are talking about multiple vehicles for no fuel cost here.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★