Login

russian armor

Soviet Average mortar...

8 Jul 2015, 19:37 PM

Soviet mortars are especially bad against OKW due to that factions lack of support weapons. At least Ostheer has some static targets for you to shoot at. Besides, you need 3 soviet mortars to match the rate of fire of 1 Ostheer mortar, so I doubt it would become a problem.

I don't think the Ostheer mortar is OP. I like that it is a highly effective unit that is often worth getting over another grenadier squad.
Likewise, I don't think the MG42 is particularly OP (maybe ever so slightly).

What I want is for allied and OKW support weapons to be on the same level of viability. Maxims, DHSKs, LeIG, 82mm mortar and the HMG34 are some examples of units that are completely outclassed compared to the Ostheer equivalents. To give the other factions the same incentive to use combined arms over infantry spam, some units need to change. One way to do it by improving the units themselves, the other is by keeping their performance and lowering their cost.

^^^ This, there isn't any need to nerf Ostheer. Ostheer should be the model for every faction. Support weapon play is still dead when it comes to OKW.
9 Jul 2015, 01:51 AM

It's hilarious to me that literally every thread turns into "MG42 OP PLZ NERF RELIC!" and how OP OST is. Are we ignoring that fact that match data still shows the highest winrates in 1v1 and 2v2 belong to SOV? This is the kind of whining that turned the OKW into the steaming pile of useless it currently is in everything not 4v4.

The Soviet mortar barrage is the strong point of a mortar that's fine where it is. The MG42 is the strong point of a faction relevant because of its strong weapon support play.

The fanboy support for the two sides in this game is borderline intolerable and the reason the balance is, was, and will continue to be the limiting factor of an otherwise amazing game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 109
unknown 12
South Africa 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak