PAGES (3)down
30 Jun 2015, 16:58 PM
Donator 11

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198043003278/
role: Mentor
time: Zone Eastern NA
1v1 2v2 help
30 Jun 2015, 17:16 PM

thank you all guys for ur motivation i really am surprised .
I had no idea so many top player were actually very open to helping others,and not just an elitest bunch.
Thank you all very much.
30 Jun 2015, 17:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2015, 16:39 PMSwift
I think it's a fine idea, I've been lazy about helping beginners to the game since I started some group for this kind of thing, but here you are making this thread. Good to see people interested, and looking at who has signed up I don't think I have the skill required to be a mentor, but I'd happily help out in formulating some things with you Rush.

Hey man thank you so much for your offer, i did not start this thread to help myself only,but also anyone else having problems getting better at this game.
Even though it's awesome having so many top players interested in helping out others , it's actually sad that no one so far came up and acknowledged they needed help , we have much more mentors than mentees . :(
30 Jun 2015, 17:30 PM

Then (and I'll get shot down for this) I propose we run a tournament for those of lower levels. I've done a few beginners tournaments for DOW II so it shouldn't be too hard for COH 2.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Swiftsabre/
30 Jun 2015, 17:45 PM

great initiative

gg
30 Jun 2015, 18:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2015, 17:16 PMrush
thank you all guys for ur motivation i really am surprised .
I had no idea so many top player were actually very open to helping others,and not just an elitest bunch.
Thank you all very much.

I was going to post something similar to this, I have found that a lot of top players are just douchy as can be.

I'm also pleasently surprised that there are some good apples in the bunch.

If this turns into some form of competitive thing where mentors and mentees play other groups I'll be more than happy to donate something to the pot.

Great idea!

:)
30 Jun 2015, 18:39 PM

I was going to post something similar to this, I have found that a lot of top players are just douchy as can be.

I'm also pleasently surprised that there are some good apples in the bunch.

If this turns into some form of competitive thing where mentors and mentees play other groups I'll be more than happy to donate something to the pot.

Great idea!

:)

thanks man for the support, if u can donate some mentees however that'd be great.
god knows we need them Kappa

Seriously, thanks anw, means a lot
30 Jun 2015, 19:32 PM

• Steam Page : http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198010384294

• Role : Mentor :snfBarton:

• Time zone : Europe

• The type of help offered: 1vs1 Mod, Movements, Sense of Tactic, aggressivity and build older of course.

You can't see me a lot of time coz my internet suck balls for twitch but the Best is Here. :thumb:
30 Jun 2015, 19:50 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

I'd suggest letting a staffer organize something so it can be advertised and done right with matching time zones and everything.
30 Jun 2015, 20:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2015, 19:50 PMBudwise
I'd suggest letting a staffer organize something so it can be advertised and done right with matching time zones and everything.

hey man, thank you for the reply and interest in the post.
tbh i have seen many mentoring topics flunk hard earlier so i was not really expecting this :p
anw if you have the time, can you please take care of that issue u just mentionned, i have no idea what to do now lol .

Thanks a lot
30 Jun 2015, 20:16 PM

• Steam Page : http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198010384294

• Role : Mentor :snfBarton:

• Time zone : Europe

• The type of help offered: 1vs1 Mod, Movements, Sense of Tactic, aggressivity and build older of course.

You can't see me a lot of time coz my internet suck balls for twitch but the Best is Here. :thumb:

thanks a lot Quentin for the help, i think you'll make a great mentor, i really like the showdown idea u suggested earlier as well, i hope we can go through with it.
Cheers
30 Jun 2015, 21:13 PM
Patrion 310

It's a great community initiative and I will contribute where I can.

However, to make this a reliable and consistent long term mentoring program then it has to be a
win-win premium deal for both involved.
To attract as many top players possible and also to sort the serious new players from the rest there just has to be a small fee which should be 100% non-profit.

As example, create a COH2 "tournament fund/prize pool" and let the new players that signed up pay a small fee such as 5$ which then goes back to the prize pool for top players in tournaments.
So with something like this everyone win which foster more professionalism and attract serious players.
With a free service its to easy wasting everyone's time and energy so eventual the program loses its momentum.
30 Jun 2015, 21:20 PM

Steam name/id: Dart_striker, Flauffengauffin
Role: Mentee
Time zone: Eastern Standard, or -5 UTC
The type of help Looking for: Anything I can get.
30 Jun 2015, 21:25 PM

Steam Name/ID: RtN.CieZ, 76561197995165748
Role: Mentor
Time zone: EST, -5 UTC

Willing to mentor 1v1 & 2v2. Help players learn build orders, unit roles, unit counters, timing, cap orders, mechanical skills, troop movement, vehicle micro. As long as the mentee is serious about improving as a player, I'm happy to help.
30 Jun 2015, 21:25 PM

Steam name/id: Dart_striker, Flauffengauffin
Role: Mentee
Time zone: Eastern Standard, or -5 UTC
The type of help Looking for: Anything I can get.

thank you for ur interest in the program man.
Some coh2 staff members are currently organizing the whole thing so that we can get everyone matched up.

Cheers
30 Jun 2015, 21:29 PM

Thank you, I don't want to be a burden, so I'm in no hurry. Also if you guys need any help with anything in the set up process let me know.
30 Jun 2015, 21:36 PM

However, to make this a reliable and consistent long term mentoring program then it has to be a
To attract as many top players possible and also to sort the serious new players from the rest there just has to be a small fee which should be 100% non-profit.

As example, create a COH2 "tournament fund/prize pool" and let the new players that signed up pay a small fee such as 5$ which then goes back to the prize pool for top players in tournaments.
So with something like this everyone win which foster more professionalism and attract serious players.
With a free service its to easy wasting everyone's time and energy so eventual the program loses its momentum.

Thank you for your suggestion, i have no problem donating money especially since ppl are offering their personal time to help out others, however we have to put this idea on hold for now to figure out the whole arrangement thing first.
Thank you for the help u'r willing to offer as well.
30 Jun 2015, 21:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2015, 21:25 PMCieZ
Steam Name/ID: RtN.CieZ, 76561197995165748
Role: Mentor
Time zone: EST, -5 UTC

Willing to mentor 1v1 & 2v2. Help players learn build orders, unit roles, unit counters, timing, cap orders, mechanical skills, troop movement, vehicle micro. As long as the mentee is serious about improving as a player, I'm happy to help.

Thanks a lot for ur support and ur interest in helping out others.
30 Jun 2015, 21:51 PM

Well, mentoring people could be seen as a long term investment in the community because right now there's a massive lack of good players. So I don't really think a fee is necessary even though I would not rule it out completely.
30 Jun 2015, 21:52 PM

Thank you, I don't want to be a burden, so I'm in no hurry. Also if you guys need any help with anything in the set up process let me know.

hehe thank you for being considerate, it's no burden really.
The ppl who actually offered to mentor others did so because they actually wanna help out others.
Like i mentioned earlier setting this whole thing in motion might take a while, in the meantime i suggest u get in touch with RtN CieZ he offered his help and i think he's in your time zone, so u guys can start something together.

thank you again for the interest
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 39
South Africa 2
Germany 734

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L