Login

russian armor

Tank smoke.

27 Jun 2015, 20:41 PM

If it isn't that wouldn't surprise me tbh, Iv not used regular Shermans in an age. I always go for the Scott + Jackson combo.
27 Jun 2015, 20:45 PM
Patrion 14

If it isn't that wouldn't surprise me tbh, Iv not used regular Shermans in an age. I always go for the Scott + Jackson combo.

Always been 30 munitions. ;)
28 Jun 2015, 07:09 AM

Permanently Banned
I think its cool that the tiger can make use of its smoke launcher. But I wish other tanks had smoke launchers to make it look like it makes sense
28 Jun 2015, 07:14 AM

Alex caught in a lie once more

I don't see how being "wrong" is the same as lying. I don't play USF very much so the likelyhood of me forgetting it was 30 muni is fairly high lol
28 Jun 2015, 07:31 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Panzer Tactician is such a no brainer no skill instapop escape tool. It also breaking button is stupid. It should either have an activation delay (like with USF vehicle crew evacuate) so it has to be used pre emptively, or it should be an aim launcher like the Sherman that takes time and tactical placement.

Or alternatively it just shouldn't be on Panthers and Tigers, the massive Health and armour on those vehicles is already more than enough for them to be incredibly difficult to destroy, especially combined with the really low rate of fire of Ziss Guns.

With the abundance of RNG, especially within tank battles Coh2 really needs to increase the skill differentiators by removing abilities and tactics that require no effort or skill, as well as preventing a player from being punished if they make a mistake and get outplayed. Panzer Tactician is one of the worst offenders.

28 Jun 2015, 07:58 AM
Benefactor 392

Everything is stupid about these stupid units inside this stupid game because of stupid, rng stupid stupidness.

this is all I'm reading this thread. If you guys don't like the game on how it works don't complain to us on a thread and stop playing it.

Honestly yes smoke is a pain to fight against. but at the same time you forced your opponent to use 30 munition which is the same cost as a grenade, and it all adds up the more you go.

from what i can tell is that OP panics when a tank comes out and throws all his shit at it with everything he has disregarding the losses he will take instead of nibbling at it's health slowly until he gets armour to deter it away.

also sounds to me he got outplayed and he is all pissed off about it. which is an insult to his opponent for using his tools to win against this dude.

and he locked a commander so you'd know what you'd be up against. so you'll have to prepare for it.
28 Jun 2015, 08:18 AM

There are many "escape" buttons in this game, either change them all or none of them:

-T70 vehicle repair
-USF super glue
-smoke on puma, m8 scott, m20
-NDA NDA NDA incoming faction

I personally find the Sherman smoke better, since you can use offensively, defensively and even on team mates e.g. King Tiger.

My observation is that people BabyRage here about situations where a tank would've been destroyed, without the tank smoke - well that's what the ability was designed for, means it does its job.
28 Jun 2015, 08:33 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Sherman smoke is also 30 munitions, to set the record straight.
28 Jun 2015, 09:27 AM

Wow, tank smoke covers your tank. Ain´t that the point of it?

Seeing how easily Jacksons penetrate and finish those tanks, the smoke is a nice asset to have a chance versus dual Jacksons, who would otherwise finish a Panzer IV within under 10 seconds.
28 Jun 2015, 09:33 AM

Maybe for you. Not at generally intermediate level play I see. Things in this game need to be need to be balanced for not only high level players but lower as well.

Most players I see can take a good two seconds just to hit reverse, and that's something they are prepared to do. Smoke comes with no warning and will catch a lot of players off guard as they scramble to hit G and the right spot.

This is simply wrong. Games should be balanced for competitive play, that's out of question. No one needs 2 seconds to reverse, vehicles just have acceleration and deceleration time.
28 Jun 2015, 09:46 AM

Since tank smoke is not a default ability of ost I would think that making actions based off the knowledge of what commander your enemy is using is the logical excuse for the mechanic's strength.

If you know your opponent has picked a doctrine with tank smoke, when you get in a tank engagement having that knowledge your approach to that engagement should change to some degree, whether that is having one tank prepared to circle around after your enemies targets have been selected or using infantry to get your longer range tanks vision.

I am unsure if I can be unbiased in judging the strength of this ability since I tend to pick doctrines with it for you aforementioned woes. While it does seem quite strong I do believe there are ways to play around it and use the knowledge you gain of your enemy's strategy via seeing it go off to your own advantage.

Thoughts?
28 Jun 2015, 09:52 AM

There are many "escape" buttons in this game, either change them all or none of them:
I personally find the Sherman smoke better, since you can use offensively, defensively and even on team mates e.g. King Tiger.

This. And Allied tanks have many other advantages, they can even cap points and self repair ffs.
28 Jun 2015, 10:20 AM

This. And Allied tanks have many other advantages, they can even cap points and self repair ffs.

Brillant. So would you swap blitzkrieg with secure mode? Or SU repair with smoke?
28 Jun 2015, 11:05 AM

Brillant. So would you swap blitzkrieg with secure mode? Or SU repair with smoke?

28 Jun 2015, 14:18 PM

Yes, there are many "escape buttons" in this game, but all things being equal, all things are NOT equal. Pound for pound, Axis armor is stronger. So +100000 to the OP. This is a super lame, get out of jail free card, for tanks which are already stronger, to keep getting vet, avoid dying, and do shit that no real tank commander in his right mind would do, e.g.: run into a wall of AT simply to spot for an arty strike. It's just goddamn ridiculous, and fucking retarded.
28 Jun 2015, 14:30 PM

Pound for Pound, Axis armor is more expensive. Other than that? Yeah naw since the SU-76 and Stuart buff the only really objectively bad Allied tank is the T34/76
28 Jun 2015, 14:44 PM

Pound for Pound, Axis armor is more expensive. Other than that? Yeah naw since the SU-76 and Stuart buff the only really objectively bad Allied tank is the T34/76

That may be, but we're discussing the smoke ability...are you suggesting that since they're more expensive, they deserve that ability to increase their survivability ? If so, I would counter that their firepower is sufficient to account for their price. Not only that, but at that stage, there are swarms of elite infantry to back them, who typically make short work of your TDs.
28 Jun 2015, 14:51 PM

That may be, but we're discussing the smoke ability...are you suggesting that since they're more expensive, they deserve that ability to increase their survivability ? If so, I would counter that their firepower is sufficient to account for their price. Not only that, but at that stage, there are swarms of elite infantry to back them, who typically make short work of your TDs.

If you want to talk about the lack of viable Allied infantry based AT that's one thing but long gone are the days of Axis armor supremacy in CoH2.

It's been stated before; smoke isn't a problem on light vehicles and mediums which don't take that long to kill. What it IS a problem on is Heavy tanks like the Panther and Tiger.
28 Jun 2015, 14:58 PM

If so, I would counter that their firepower is sufficient to account for their price.
The dps of the Panther is actually lower than that of a T-34/85 thanks to the
shit rof. The hp is the same. With mark target the Panther dies in minimum time. Armor on the Panther is almost irrelevant when flanked.

The only saving grace is the survivability buffs by blitz (vet, mind you) and smoke (doc).

Panthers that struggle with the things they are supposed to counter is ridiculous. Without those extras the Panther would be garbage as it couldn´t utilize it´s advantages or escape T-34/85s just rushing into it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Mexico 23
United States 2
United Kingdom 145
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %