Login

russian armor

Some thinking and respect

13 Jun 2015, 17:16 PM

Permanently Banned
Hi

I don't know why, but everytime after I play this game for a few hours or even just a few games, I always think about the experiences the WW2 vets actually went through. The more violence we expose ourselves to, the more we sometimes are able to forget that these things we play, see and experience from the comfort of a chair, sofa or anything for that matter, has actually happened to some people.

I have conducted many searches for German and Soviet ww2 vetaran interviews but found none that gave such a show of the emotional sacrifice that the soldiers from all participating countries made like the interviews from Band of Brothers did. I would like to share them with you guys. They are very interesting and beautiful at the same time. To my personal opinion, we must never forget their sacrifices and with 'their', I mean every single soldier that fought in WW2. Now ofcourse I do not support the Waffen SS or any form of those army branches.

Let me know what you think

Your text..

( I don't know how to get the YouTube link to show up here, just click the blue text, you'll go right there)

13 Jun 2015, 17:26 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

We do not edit on the forums, Squeaky Door 96, but this is what you wanted to hoist up

For future reference, this guide will help you, I hope. :)

BBcode guide
13 Jun 2015, 17:31 PM

Permanently Banned
We do not edit on the forums, Squeaky Door 96, but this is what you wanted to hoist up

For future reference, this guide will help you, I hope. :)

BBcode guide

Thank you very much!
13 Jun 2015, 18:11 PM

After reading these forums I think most of users here lost their ability to feel other people's feelings
13 Jun 2015, 18:56 PM

One of my all time favorite series. As a German I can say I´m grateful that we were freed by the Western Allies.

Though the heroic depiction of war events seems a bit irritating. That´s a feature of American movies but especially combat with airborne troops was dirty. My grandfather didn´t like them as he saw the bodies of a fellow German Flak crew lined up in a row in Normandy. Obviously retaliation for pointing the Flak at airborne troops. Often airborne couldn´t take prisoners because they operated behind enemy lines. The result was that there were instances where airborne troops themselves weren´t taken prisoner.

I think the show only slightly touched the brutality of this combat in Normandy on both sides with that scene were Spears shoots the Germans.

It´s dangerous to depict war as something heroic that brings out the best in people, because it´s actually the opposite.

Those guys were heroes, and I´m still grateful. It´s just the depiction of war that´s irritates.
13 Jun 2015, 20:18 PM

i'm afraid that culturally everything moves so fast we often lose empathy for others and the past. it's easy to immerse oneself in their own world, their own connections, it can become habit lost in headphones or an FB feed instead of helping a lad up whose tripped, or having reverence to history. i don't think it's... a.. bad thing? per say but, the times are certainly different. ask a child how difficult it is to observe a minutes silence? i know i sometimes struggle. it's a shame because i'm grateful for the sacrifice of those who have came before me, and shudder at the wastage of war.
13 Jun 2015, 23:43 PM

Permanently Banned
One of my all time favorite series. As a German I can say I´m grateful that we were freed by the Western Allies.

Though the heroic depiction of war events seems a bit irritating. That´s a feature of American movies but especially combat with airborne troops was dirty. My grandfather didn´t like them as he saw the bodies of a fellow German Flak crew lined up in a row in Normandy. Obviously retaliation for pointing the Flak at airborne troops. Often airborne couldn´t take prisoners because they operated behind enemy lines. The result was that there were instances where airborne troops themselves weren´t taken prisoner.

I think the show only slightly touched the brutality of this combat in Normandy on both sides with that scene were Spears shoots the Germans.

It´s dangerous to depict war as something heroic that brings out the best in people, because it´s actually the opposite.

Those guys were heroes, and I´m still grateful. It´s just the depiction of war that´s irritates.

I agree, that is why I chose to distribute these interviews, away from the sometimes to much American glory of movies nowadays
13 Jun 2015, 23:43 PM

Permanently Banned
i'm afraid that culturally everything moves so fast we often lose empathy for others and the past. it's easy to immerse oneself in their own world, their own connections, it can become habit lost in headphones or an FB feed instead of helping a lad up whose tripped, or having reverence to history. i don't think it's... a.. bad thing? per say but, the times are certainly different. ask a child how difficult it is to observe a minutes silence? i know i sometimes struggle. it's a shame because i'm grateful for the sacrifice of those who have came before me, and shudder at the wastage of war.

Well spoken good sir
16 Jun 2015, 12:56 PM

Well put.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment