Login

russian armor

realistic environment settings

12 Jun 2015, 12:59 PM

Hello, I may just be going over board on my map, but I was wondering if there was a way to change the horizon to go with a day night cycle? I have a map with a shallow river and pond. It starts in the morning with fog on both, the horizon is a sun rise, then I want the day to progress, the fog clears and the horizon to be during the day. I cannot find a horizon option that is not loading all attributes from an existing map.

Thanks for your feedback. I may just scrap the idea.
13 Jun 2015, 17:45 PM

Figured it out man transitions are annoying to get just right. The shadows move faster than infantry If you do it wrong.
13 Jun 2015, 20:28 PM

i didn't even know this was possible. i'm sure it looks really rad, i'd love to play a map that features some aesthetic difference. good luck in your creation!
14 Jun 2015, 15:07 PM

i didn't even know this was possible. i'm sure it looks really rad, i'd love to play a map that features some aesthetic difference. good luck in your creation!

Map is called River Town in the workshop if your interested. by =BBQ= JediMasterAllen.
14 Jun 2015, 18:47 PM
Patrion 14

as i recall, you cannot save custom weather or atmosphere settings. you can, but you won't be able to use them.

only thing you can do is go to atmosphere setting, and the bottomest one should be something like "transition". there, you can add more atmospheres. the "hold" value means (in seconds), how long you want the atmosphere to stay the way it is, "transition" value means how long it would take for the atmosphere to change from one to the next. longer the transition, more subtle the change. however, i tried no hold and only transition once (for more realism), but since the shadow kept transitioning, the shadow would look jagged etc etc and it looked horrid.

because you cannot load custom atmospheres (i would be happy to be wrong but i dont think i am), you can only use your custom atmosphere setting as the starting atmosphere. anything beyond that you have to choose from default selections relic has given us. there are many decent to good ones, but it would mean abnormalities like sun will rise from east, go west, back to east then set etc etc.

i have it on my map "Hamlet", you can access it via the link in my signiture, just go to my workshop files. download "Hamlet", use SGA extractor and you can look for yourself.

ps. i think transitioning weather is a really cool idea. i think i had once where the map will start foggy, get slightly lifted and thunderstorm around 25 min mark when actions would take place.
14 Jun 2015, 18:51 PM

I tested something, maybe you like this

Link on steam
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 72
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %