Login

russian armor

Suggestion / realistic fix to German rifle nades.

20 May 2015, 22:19 PM

I just wanted to see what people thought about this. Considering if you're unbiased, german fanboy or allied fanboy. I think we can all agree the rifle nade is the best nade in the game. It shoots the furthest (esp on vet 2 i'm pretty sure it out ranges MGs), fast travel time, blows up on impact and pin point laser guided accuracy at all ranges.
A possible solution would be to have the rifle nade work like a mortar, meaning the further the distance the more scatter it will have. We all know how powerful it is and it ability to wipe so many units.
All this will do is have a little more "skill" in using the ability. The closer you get the more accurate.
Grens with LMGs are already attack move units who beat many allied units at distance. I know i'm not the only one tired of attack move gren blobs or grens blobbed, walking into mgs and just rifle nading each one easy.
I think it's an honest fix where none of the stats change on the nade, it will still be effective, just not perfect at insane ranges.
Let me know what you think

P.S, forget that even the USA fighting position with RE in them, their rifle nades have a timer when they hit the ground to dodge, (yes i know its free rifle nades unlike ammo costing grens) Just a thought.
20 May 2015, 22:30 PM
Donator 33

I think the only problem is the vet 2 range bonus which increases range to 40.

It doesn't outrange HMGs (which have 45 range) but it allows you to fire the nade into fog of war and thus hitting your enemy without him even seeing it.

Remove the vet 2 range bonus and replace it with something else.
20 May 2015, 22:32 PM

You also can't use them in close quarters engagements which is where grens start to fall apart.
I also don't think the lethality of the nade is the problem. Its the way units bunch up in cover that is the problem. 30 munitions to take out 1-2 models isn't worth it.
20 May 2015, 22:32 PM

Permanently Banned
It's not a very productive idea to ask for a munitions-based ability which doesn't guarantee success warranted all conditions are right. Punishing a player who aims a nade directly at a stationary enemy squad, only to have it miss, even though the enemy unit didn't move, is not very fulfilling. Also, Ostheer already have a functioning and well-preforming mortar. And the last thing this game needs right now is more luck-based combat mechanics.

No offense, but Rifle nades are hardly a balance issue compared to the ease and spamability of USF nades, particularly when combined with smoke, so if your effort is truly to make grenades more balanced and fair, I would suggest looking at that aspect of the equation.
20 May 2015, 22:37 PM

Cue foreshadowing...
20 May 2015, 22:38 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Yup, basically what PanzerGeneralForever said.

Seeing a 6-man maxim squad standing on top of each other near a wodden crate just asks for a Rifle Grenade.
20 May 2015, 22:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It's not a very productive idea to ask for a munitions-based ability which doesn't guarantee success warranted all conditions are right.
Well, to be fair many other grenades aren't guaranteed success either. The basic infantry ones all tend to have a bit of scatter (including the Rifles' Mk II which frankly is probably why sometimes it actually doesn't one-shot squads these days :p), the elite infantry ones do not have scatter.

Though yeah, I would not ask for the rifle grenade to have the possibility of missing entirely, it would not feel good. Vet 2 is mostly just the kinda dumb part of it and the rest is the infantry-bunching affecting every grenade (still didn't make the Molotovs feel good though :foreveralone: ).
21 May 2015, 01:35 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I just came here to say that the Blendkörper 2H Frangible Smoke Grenade is the best grenade in the game.

Thank you.
21 May 2015, 02:40 AM
Patrion 28

scatter is bad because what is good about nades (including the RG) is that they're accurate.
21 May 2015, 03:07 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2015, 01:35 AMTobis
I just came here to say that the Blendkörper 2H Frangible Smoke Grenade is the best grenade in the game.

Thank you.

+1 Agreed.

It counters blobs,garrisons,superior equipped squads....such a great grenade.
21 May 2015, 04:22 AM

riflenades are probably byfar the best nades in the game because he can do a ninja nade on you through the fog of war. Hand grenades are easily seen and dodged. the vet 2 bonus should be replaced.
21 May 2015, 05:15 AM

No offense, but Rifle nades are hardly a balance issue compared to the ease and spamability of USF nades, particularly when combined with smoke, so if your effort is truly to make grenades more balanced and fair, I would suggest looking at that aspect of the equation.

Well I agree with you on this one, but insisting on that makes this thread unconstructive, let's leave that alone first.
To topic.
The problem of rifle nades only lie on units bunching up in cover. If units can spread out, rifle nades can only kill a model or two. So its not the range of the RN, its the cover piling mechanism in game.
I disagree with making the riflenade inaccurate and subject to chance in long range, like what sneakking said, the player who spends 30 munis on a riflenade should not be punished. It should be, instead, the player who got units bunched up/ or Relic who made those units bunched up.
21 May 2015, 05:24 AM

A possible solution would be to have the rifle nade work like a mortar, meaning the further the distance the more scatter it will have. We all know how powerful it is and it ability to wipe so many units.

It costs amo. And if acting like a mortar means that the possibility to entirely miss and kill nothing will be quite high from far range having in view that you paid for it. You don't pay for autofire mortar shells.
Grenadiers excells at high range engagements. The rule is to close in, at close range where they quite suck. Having this said, I agree that the rifle nade is the most useful nade in the game. Though I see no need to change it. Usefullness doesn't always mean OP.
21 May 2015, 09:47 AM

@JohnnyB mortar precision strike also isn't 100% accurate and costs ammo.
Your argument is invalid.

IF they will fix squad bunching, especially on support weapon, we'd have a lot healthier infantry/mortar and nade play.
21 May 2015, 10:01 AM

For the first time I'm with Katitof.
21 May 2015, 10:19 AM
Senior Editor Badge

You know how we can prevent rifle nade wipes?

1: When capturing territory, don't click on the point. Your men literally stand on top of each other. A full 6-man squad will die.

2: Give conscripts 8 men kappa
21 May 2015, 10:46 AM

Everyone likes to complain about squad bunching.... but before people complained about their infantry not properly using cover

Which one is it??
21 May 2015, 10:49 AM

You know how we can prevent rifle nade wipes?

1: When capturing territory, don't click on the point. Your men literally stand on top of each other. A full 6-man squad will die.

2: Give conscripts 8 men kappa

You mean using micro counters grenades? 'Cuz it works! :clap:
21 May 2015, 11:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2015, 10:46 AMArclyte
Everyone likes to complain about squad bunching.... but before people complained about their infantry not properly using cover

Which one is it??

Hug the cover, stop bunching up in the open?
21 May 2015, 12:51 PM

I know everyone tends to be about realism all the time but perhaps the range increase granted from vet two could change the effect of the grenade if fired from say 30-40 yards to much lower damage and light suppression similar to the effect ISG's have.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★