Login

russian armor

Mortar Carriage

20 May 2015, 10:19 AM

Need looking at....

When it fires directly at squads it wipes them WAYY too often.

Had a game where in 3 shots.... it wiped 2 pgren squads (1 straight after the other) and a Gren squad on the 3rd shot....

All 4 man squads, all spread out, all 1 shot wiped.

(since i was fighting a jackson + 120mm mortar spam) Shreks were the only good idea since the 120's kept decrewing the paks... Then the bloody mortar carriage rolls out and wipes 920 mp and 300 ammo worth of troops out in 3 shots....

Sorry but thats bloody silly. Yeah RNG is a factor but i cant remember the last time a mortar carriage missed a target that was mid - close range.

Id suggest it needs an unpack or deployment time...

20 May 2015, 10:22 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2015, 10:19 AMCorsin

Id suggest it needs an unpack or deployment time...

NO

it comes during the late game where u should have plenty of AT to counter it
20 May 2015, 10:23 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

About which vehicle are we talking here?

The Halftrack or the Scott?
20 May 2015, 10:23 AM

NO

it comes during the late game where u should have plenty of AT to counter it

I did until it 1 shot them all....

As i said the Paks we're being owned by 120mm motars and a rifle blob. and there were AT guns and Jacksons on the field too... shrek squads were the only logical option, then that thing comes along and 1 shots multiple squads straight after eachother.

It comes in the mid game.... On the same fuel income you can squeeze one out roughly the same time as a P4.

About which vehicle are we talking here?

The Halftrack or the Scott?

The US Carriage of 1 shot wonders. Not the Mortar HT.
20 May 2015, 10:29 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2015, 10:23 AMCorsin

It comes in the mid game.... On the same fuel income you can squeeze one out roughly the same time as a P4.

then wats the issue?
20 May 2015, 10:32 AM

then wats the issue?

Read the post....

The issue is its squad wipe capability and consistency with minimal risk.

If the P4 went round 1 shotting allied squads 3 times in 3 shots totally flipping the game, id be complaining about that too....
20 May 2015, 10:36 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2015, 10:32 AMCorsin

Read the post....

The issue is its squad wipe capability and consistency with minimal risk.

yea...

the scott is one of the hardest units to micro in this game. imo it falls in the category of the okw aa HT. no matter how hard u micro. it will die eventually.

let me be frank. the set up idea is horrible, ur increasing the micro for the most micro-intensive faction already.

the scott is incredibly easy to kill, so I don't understand why u label it as "low risk"

u either got unlucky or outplayed, simple as that, no balance issue here
20 May 2015, 10:36 AM
Patrion 15

Yes, the Howitzer Motor Carriage is good.

but, if they bring it out first - around the time of a P4 - then...well you have a P4. Most of the time a Sherman will come first to provide a base line tank.

If it comes out late game, its armour is essentially paper so you should have plenty of armour and infantry based counters to deal with it.

If you face off against on with shrecks don't clump or sit in cover or blob towards it - spread out in a arc with you squads, make it work harder to hit you - yes you might lose a squad but why shouldn't you? Its a howitzer.
20 May 2015, 10:50 AM

yea...

the scott is one of the hardest units to micro in this game. imo it falls in the category of the okw aa HT. no matter how hard u micro. it will die eventually.

let me be frank. the set up idea is horrible, ur increasing the micro for the most micro-intensive faction already.

the scott is incredibly easy to kill, so I don't understand why u label it as "low risk"

u either got unlucky or outplayed, simple as that, no balance issue here

Sorry if i said something that might damage your allied only player scores...

Low risk because of its range....

Most micro intensive faction? lol ok.

Not sure how the scott is one of the hardest units to micro in the game? that makes no sense at all...
Try microing a flacktrack lol

Its a medium ranged artillery piece. Unless you want to use it like a 1 shot squad wipe ostwind (Which it pretty much can be but with less HP).

Its very easy to kill if unsupported but when will that ever happen?

Again the point is.... it kills infantry (Whole squads) way too reliably. If you dont like the setup time then fine but it needs an AOE or Scatter nerf.

Yes, the Howitzer Motor Carriage is good.

but, if they bring it out first - around the time of a P4 - then...well you have a P4. Most of the time a Sherman will come first to provide a base line tank.

If it comes out late game, its armour is essentially paper so you should have plenty of armour and infantry based counters to deal with it.

If you face off against on with shrecks don't clump or sit in cover or blob towards it - spread out in a arc with you squads, make it work harder to hit you - yes you might lose a squad but why shouldn't you? Its a howitzer.

The fact that it arrives at the same time as a P4 isnt really my point... It comes on at a stage where consistent squad wipes will win/lose the game. I dont mind it coming on at that time...

I mind the fact that it can wipe squads better than any other unit in the game (except maybe a 152 or sturmtiger). Since it fights mostly 4 man squads.

Your scenario of blob ect isnt what happened....
I had 2 shrek squads and a gren squad... all spread out, advancing to the jacksons, Scott rolls up 1 shots a squad, i think "yeah ok lucky shot bit annoying", second shot 1 shots my gren squad. at this point i thought fk it and retreated my last remaining shrek squad, for it to be hit in the back of the head on retreat and wiped.

Cant really sit in cover in a 2v2 when his ally has 120's bombing the crap out of me.

And sinse jacksons can 4 shot tigers doesnt leave me with much options unless i picked a doctrine with an Elefant, Pak43 or LeFh artillery.

20 May 2015, 11:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2015, 10:50 AMCorsin

Low risk because of its range....

Most micro intensive faction? lol ok.

Not sure how the scott is one of the hardest units to micro in the game? that makes no sense at all...
Try microing a flacktrack lol

Its a medium ranged artillery piece. Unless you want to use it like a 1 shot squad wipe ostwind (Which it pretty much can be but with less HP).

Its very easy to kill if unsupported but when will that ever happen?

Again the point is.... it kills infantry (Whole squads) way too reliably. If you dont like the setup time then fine but it needs an AOE or Scatter nerf.

The fact that it arrives at the same time as a P4 isnt really my point... It comes on at a stage where consistent squad wipes will win/lose the game. I dont mind it coming on at that time...

I mind the fact that it can wipe squads better than any other unit in the game (except maybe a 152 or sturmtiger). Since it fights mostly 4 man squads.

Your scenario of blob ect isnt what happened....
I had 2 shrek squads and a gren squad... all spread out, advancing to the jacksons, Scott rolls up 1 shots a squad, i think "yeah ok lucky shot bit annoying", second shot 1 shots my gren squad. at this point i thought fk it and retreated my last remaining shrek squad, for it to be hit in the back of the head on retreat and wiped.

Cant really sit in cover in a 2v2 when his ally has 120's bombing the crap out of me.

And sinse jacksons can 4 shot tigers doesnt leave me with much options unless i picked a doctrine with an Elefant, Pak43 or LeFh artillery.

Never heard anyone complain about it before.. I have no issues killing one, they how very low HP..

Just because you lost your entire army to it somehow doesn't mean it needs such a heavy nerf.. you just got RNG'd
20 May 2015, 11:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2015, 11:01 AMpugzii

Never heard anyone complain about it before.. I have no issues killing one, they how very low HP..

Just because you lost your entire army to it somehow doesn't mean it needs such a heavy nerf.. you just got RNG'd

I would agree, but even using them, i cant remember the last time they missed med - close range targets.

Accuracy is too high.

And because of the current clump bug thanks to the last cover system rework... it over-performs.
20 May 2015, 11:04 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2015, 10:50 AMCorsin

that's cute, whilst ur p4 comes the same time as a scott yet u fail to kill it

l2p
20 May 2015, 11:13 AM

that's cute, whilst ur p4 comes the same time as a scott yet u fail to kill it

l2p

yeah you think running a P4 at jacksons and a rifle blob to get the scott behind them is a good idea and you're telling me to l2p? lol

even more cute ;)
20 May 2015, 11:19 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2015, 11:13 AMCorsin

yeah you think running a P4 at jacksons and a rifle blob is a good idea and you're telling me to l2p? lol

even more cute ;)

u said that the scott comes around the same time as p4, there is no way a usf player could have a jacskon also

either he got he Jackson b4 his scott ( which in that case ur p4 could easily kill it)

or he got the scott first (in which ur p4 could kill that too)

make up ur mind, either the usf player is resource hacking and getting more tanks than he should?

or ur making shit up to mask ur failure to counter a vehicle that dies to anything that looks at it.

l2p
20 May 2015, 11:24 AM

Here is replay of usf using this kind of tactic with Howitzer Motor Carriage.

My opinion is that motor carriage is totally fine. It does what it suppose to do. Problem is that they can call more tanks and over popcap and you can't do anything about that :( they had so many tanks in this replay and we couldn't do anything ..

I think usf should choose if they want to have tanks for anti-infantry/anti-tank or shermans not all of them plus at plus infantry :/

This might be out of the topic little bit but I think tank crew should have same pop cap as tank

I could go for double jagpanzer and plant mines but I figure it out after match

20 May 2015, 11:35 AM

Corsin-> Seems like you have hard evidence. Could we please see said replay to verify your claim of the scott being op?
20 May 2015, 12:03 PM
Donator 33

I think relic's "cover tuning" is to blame here. Fix the goddamn squad bunching and everything will be fine.
20 May 2015, 12:04 PM

It does seem to one shot four man squads way too often, the AoE should be toned down.
20 May 2015, 13:04 PM

If the AoE is reduced the range must increase. I am all for seeing the unit not one shot squads, but the tank is already extremely weak.

Seeing a player go with 120's and having an American would mean that I would like to get a long range TD. The American player will like play back up to the 85's that are coming and if you can force them to attack into a TD no amount of scotts is going to save them. They are going to need to buy lots of Jacksons. Keep an AT unit behind the TD so it cannot be flanked, and then push forward. This late in the game you may use a sniper to spot if you have mp, or if you went elephant get spotting scopes.

Also remember the more diverse you force his army to be the more micro he requires. Try to build the micro requirement for him to the point at which you can start to pick off units. Americans regularly field 6 or 7 unique units, often more. The micro for each unit is considerable as the units can rarely go toe to toe with late game axis units and require abilities to be popped.
20 May 2015, 13:13 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Moved to COH2 Gameplay
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak