Login

russian armor

Cooldown bulletins- how good are they?

15 May 2015, 05:07 AM

We made a test some time ago and i think it didn't do too much difference (against Maxims), on the sense that it required almost the same number of bursts at almost all distance and cover.

It makes a big difference for AoE suppression, I found it fairly noticeable when facing the AA HT's and .50 cal. Obviously the most meta would be 3 shrek bulletins.

Why do the penetration bulletins exist for the Jadgtiger? I don't think theres a single tank in the game capable of bouncing it...
15 May 2015, 06:15 AM

It makes a big difference for AoE suppression, I found it fairly noticeable when facing the AA HT's and .50 cal. Obviously the most meta would be 3 shrek bulletins.

Why do the penetration bulletins exist for the Jadgtiger? I don't think theres a single tank in the game capable of bouncing it...

An allied Jadgtiger I'm p sure
15 May 2015, 07:06 AM

An allied Jadgtiger I'm p sure

At max range a Jadgtiger will pen another Jadgtiger 95% of the time, and 100% at all other ranges. So it seems not even then.
15 May 2015, 10:54 AM

At max range a Jadgtiger will pen another Jadgtiger 95% of the time, and 100% at all other ranges. So it seems not even then.

There's a chance though :snfBarton:
15 May 2015, 11:47 AM

The bulletin's name is '...The harder you'll fall' which leads to obvious conclusion it fulfills the same role as NKVD commander: showing the opponent how little fucks you give
15 May 2015, 11:59 AM

Bulletins seem like a colossal waste of time to me, I wish they had never been implemented. They are incredibly minor boosts for the most part and with all the variables going on in a single game that impact on a unit's performance you pretty much never encounter a situation where you can objectively say "OH JEEZ WOW YEAH I'M GLAD THAT BULLETIN EXISTS".

The 'best' bulletins seem to be completely intangible ones that make your guys only statistically slightly more killy. Things like triple grenade range are noticeable, but it's only coming into play when you're actually throwing grenades and then you have this constant nagging thought that maybe you're losing out because your guys are now statistically slightly less killy than they could have otherwise been with accuracy/cooldown bulletins.

All bulletins create is a vague sense of discomfort or disappointment, I don't like them. This could just be me though.

Also, on a related note: 3% increased accuracy bulletin - is this a percentage increase to your current accuracy or a static one?
e.g. your guys have a 50% hitrate (0.5) does taking the bulletin:
- Increase accuracy by 3% (0.5*1.03= 0.515)
- OR Increase accuracy by 3% (0.5 + 0.03 = 0.53)

15 May 2015, 12:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2015, 11:59 AMtybo

All bulletins create is a vague sense of discomfort or disappointment, I don't like them. This could just be me though.

Not really
15 May 2015, 12:56 PM

i love them, especially when they spawn great myths like a vet 3 script squad atop hill 331 with 3xmolo can hail mary them into an enemy base.
15 May 2015, 12:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2015, 11:59 AMtybo

Also, on a related note: 3% increased accuracy bulletin - is this a percentage increase to your current accuracy or a static one?
e.g. your guys have a 50% hitrate (0.5) does taking the bulletin:
- Increase accuracy by 3% (0.5*1.03= 0.515)
- OR Increase accuracy by 3% (0.5 + 0.03 = 0.53)

it's not an affectation of a units total accuracy, but base accuracy, so the former.

that calculation doesn't apply to everything however, as price, build speed and vet are total.
15 May 2015, 19:06 PM

Incidentally, I believe reload bulletins have more of an effect than cooldown bulletins due to reload times are usually greater than cooldown for most weapons.

It's the difference of a few percentage points off a 3 second reload versus off a 1 second cooldown.

A small difference, but if you're min/maxing the spreadsheet it can be meaningful.
15 May 2015, 22:11 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Incidentally, I believe reload bulletins have more of an effect than cooldown bulletins due to reload times are usually greater than cooldown for most weapons.

It's the difference of a few percentage points off a 3 second reload versus off a 1 second cooldown.

A small difference, but if you're min/maxing the spreadsheet it can be meaningful.

If you check the DPS calculation, you'll notice Reload is a unique value while cooldown is also affected by Reload frequency (which are values higher than reload times).
15 May 2015, 22:28 PM

The best infantry bulletin is the + 3 accuracy (bronze)

And then?

5% cooldown bulletin (grenadier emblem)

or the

-2% cooldown -2% reload time? (gold)

or

-3% reload (silver)
15 May 2015, 22:28 PM

3x 10% faster infantry production might be best (Ostheer). Faster on the field + reinforce(!) faster. It makes gren and pgrens models reinforce as fast as Ostruppen ^_^ Great for people that love to use 251 halftrack strategy.
15 May 2015, 22:32 PM

3x 10% faster infantry production might be best (Ostheer). Faster on the field + reinforce(!) faster. It makes gren and pgrens models reinforce as fast as Ostruppen ^_^ Great for people that love to use 251 halftrack strategy.

This sounds interesting. I loved using the halftrack in vcoh... But I don´t even have this bulletin :oops:
15 May 2015, 23:36 PM

Permanently Banned
How do you stack them? I can't, if I stack any bulletin, the game will reset it to just one and leave one slot open..
16 May 2015, 01:17 AM

The best bulletins are vet bulletins anyway. I think it´s kind of unfair that only the USF Rifles can get 3x +10% vet on their mainline infantry.

I would say no, since if you stack 3 vet bonuses what are they going to do when your riflemen are 3 vet at end game nothing.
16 May 2015, 02:27 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I would say no, since if you stack 3 vet bonuses what are they going to do when your riflemen are 3 vet at end game nothing.

The theory is not really have to worry about that because having vetted infantry earlier than your enemy will facilitate aggressively taking the enemy's territory - thus, if it makes it to late-game anyway, you should have a significant resource advantage to give you the edge.

So basically "I don't need bulletins for late-game if my bulletins can stomp out the mid-game". And really...the other bulletins are still going to feel dubiously noticeable compared to having a vet advantage for crucial moments in the game.
16 May 2015, 02:47 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

You also have to factor in that the grens and cons only reload after 5 shots, so the cooldown reduction happens 4x as often as the reload.
16 May 2015, 06:50 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Did the math.

Notes:
-I expect the Reload bulletins affecting Reload duration and not Reload frequency.
-I made the calculations based on the Gren Kar at mid range. Cooldown modifiers are better at longer range than at close range

+3 Accuracy: increases damage by 3%
5% cooldown: increases damage by 1.21%
3% Reload: ... by 0.27%
2% Reload + 2% Cooldown: ... by 0.66%

Basically using all 3 bulletins gives you a 5% increase damage.
16 May 2015, 09:43 AM

Did the math.

Basically using all 3 bulletins gives you a 5% increase damage.

Nice wd.

Btw, when I use 3x 4% increased rate of fire bulletins (for MG42) I feel like my LMG42 Grens perform WAY better.

Is it possible that those bulletins also affect LMG's? Any way to find out?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★