Login

russian armor

Cooldown bulletins- how good are they?

13 May 2015, 21:02 PM

To me it looks like the bullettins which reduce cooldown or cooldown and reload realy turn on "rambo-mode".

At first I thought they don´t do much, but after several games in which the affected unit was realy much better then usual ...
I just have to ask : ARE THOSE REALY THAT GOOD?

Can´t test it myself because I don´t own even 1 of them. So it would be realy nice if some of you could explain whats the deal with those bulletins. :help:
13 May 2015, 21:56 PM

They are most prominent in the form of the 5% cooldown bulletins i.e the USF Pathfinder ones. Triple stacking them is hilarious because you confer a 15% ROF increase with ALL weapons they have (for increased potency equip them with BAR's or other automatics).
13 May 2015, 22:25 PM

Individually, not anything game changing. If they do stack, and some do - they can definitely help. The problem is there is no real data or response from Relic on which do (I think).
13 May 2015, 22:28 PM

They are most prominent in the form of the 5% cooldown bulletins i.e the USF Pathfinder ones. Triple stacking them is hilarious because you confer a 15% ROF increase with ALL weapons they have (for increased potency equip them with BAR's or other automatics).

Cooldown is only part of the firing cycle and thus a 5% cooldown reduction is not a 5% increase in rate of fire for small arms weapons.
13 May 2015, 22:45 PM
Donator 11

the best bulletins for infantry are the accuracy bulletins.
3% doesnt sound like much, but stacked it helps
13 May 2015, 23:44 PM

Well, I know bulletins don´t change all that much ( atleast from the raw numbers) , but it has somekind of "snowball-effect", atleast in the early stages of a match.

Those small buffs can make the difference between retreat and sqads being wiped. That combined with the command-delay and it feels like a big advantage.
When I see my opponent has those cooldown-bulletins for his inf. equipped I have to retreat more often and sooner...

Opponents that realy wreck me, have mostly accuracy+cooldown+cooldown and reload, which atleast looks like it turns the earlygame into an uphill-battle.
The only bulletins I have for my inf are accuracy and reload- thats it.

It´s nothing roflstomp-op, but it seems to be quite effective.
14 May 2015, 05:08 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Accuracy translates directly into DPS, other stats help but have a minor effect.

Copy paste from a previous post.
DPS being calculated as: Damage x Accuracy x (Shots per burst x Shots fired before reload / Total time to shoot including reload)

Total time to shoot including reload = ((Shoot burst duration + Fire aim time + Wind up + Wind down)*Shoots fire before reload) + (Cooldown duration * Reload frequency) + (Reload duration)
14 May 2015, 09:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2015, 22:25 PMGdot
Individually, not anything game changing. If they do stack, and some do - they can definitely help. The problem is there is no real data or response from Relic on which do (I think).

all bulletins stack. I'm sure i seen a reply from Relic on the COH2 site forums about it.
14 May 2015, 09:52 AM

The best bulletins are vet bulletins anyway. I think it´s kind of unfair that only the USF Rifles can get 3x +10% vet on their mainline infantry.
14 May 2015, 10:02 AM

i suspect they are a lot better than people make them out to be, strictly on anecdotal evidence. i felt even at only 10% cooldown, grens were chewing through scripts like hell hath sprung free.

my understanding isn't very holistic, but they seemed to essentially improve timings, almost simulating salvo fire, which translated into burst damage. so, considering the advantage you can gain in a firefight by dropping a squad member early, i think cooldown could be big. i also appreciate the argument made for accuracy: watching a squad memeber retreat through grens that only seem to be shooting to be sporting about the whole situation can be realllly frustrating.
14 May 2015, 12:05 PM

i suspect they are a lot better than people make them out to be, strictly on anecdotal evidence. i felt even at only 10% cooldown, grens were chewing through scripts like hell hath sprung free.

Yes, thats pretty much what I mean... If the opponent uses those bulletins -Babysit every engagement and hammer the retreatbutton.
From experience I would say riflemen have the greatest benefit from this. Usf earlygame is already strong and with this advantage ontop of it, it´s just... :faint:
14 May 2015, 12:27 PM

Best bulletins I have ever used is Sniper Team sight range and cooldown. Snipers that spot for themselves are OP.

Also... 3 x [-5% Barrage cooldown for SU-76M]? Anyone? :D
14 May 2015, 14:52 PM

The best bulletins for OKW are the Shrek ones and the reduced suppression for Volks, which all stack btw.

3 Volk's suppression bulletins are hilariously good.
14 May 2015, 17:56 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The best bulletins for OKW are the Shrek ones and the reduced suppression for Volks, which all stack btw.

3 Volk's suppression bulletins are hilariously good.

We made a test some time ago and i think it didn't do too much difference (against Maxims), on the sense that it required almost the same number of bursts at almost all distance and cover.

14 May 2015, 21:41 PM
Patrion 14

i used to stack 5% reload for sherman/panthers. i think they have ROF reload of like 6.5 sec? if that is correct, i would get like a second off every reload. so i think they are pretty significant.

i also like 10% build speeds for builders and think they can be significant.
14 May 2015, 23:50 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

While the RoF implies other things besides the reload, yeah you pretty much gain almost a 1s.
15 May 2015, 00:33 AM

The best bulletins are vet bulletins anyway. I think it´s kind of unfair that only the USF Rifles can get 3x +10% vet on their mainline infantry.

Allow to disagree. It is hard to calculate exactly which bulletins are better (especially if effect vary from unit to unit), but more damage done result in faster vet gain just from damage done, and at least for some units stacking damage bulletins (15% RoF hmgs is example) gives greater effect then stacking vet bulletins.

Also i think Rate of Fire bulletins a lot better than cooldown reduction, and, while accuracy is best, inf accuracy bulletins don't drop, so you can't stack them.
15 May 2015, 00:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2015, 00:33 AMJadame!
Also i think Rate of Fire bulletins a lot better than cooldown reduction, and, while accuracy is best, inf accuracy bulletins don't drop, so you can't stack them.
It does drop for Panzergrens and Obersoldaten though.
15 May 2015, 03:07 AM

Cruzzi once told me in stream chat that reload > cooldown :O
BUT WHY DOE?
15 May 2015, 04:54 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2015, 03:07 AMJaedrik
Cruzzi once told me in stream chat that reload > cooldown :O
BUT WHY DOE?

Would like to know also cause it might be the other way round depending on which values is the reload bulletin affecting.

Factors:
-Isn't the value of bulletins cooldown 5% and reload 3%
-If the reload bulletin affect only Reload duration, cooldown is better. If the bulletin affects both Reload duration and Frequency, then reload bulletins is leagues ahead better.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★